Emre - 'Dirty Turk'

Crumpy Gunt

Guest smoggeordie

FA to investigate Emre 'racist' outburst allegations

By JOHN EDWARDS Last updated at 17:17pm on 31st December 2006

FA chiefs are ready to investigate claims that a penalty area fracas at Goodison Park was sparked by a racist outburst by Newcastle midfielder Emre.

Referee Dermot Gallagher had just awarded a 43rd-minute penalty, for a trip on Kieron Dyer, when several Everton players suddenly began jostling Emre in a flashpoint that briefly threatened to spiral out of control as others joined in.

Everton keeper Tim Howard was one of the first to confront the 26-year old Turk, while Joseph Yobo and Joleon Lescott were just as incensed as tempers boiled over.

Gallagher appeared to single out Emre as the chief culprit by beckoning him to the sidelines, prior to a consultation with his linesman that appeared to prove inconclusive.

After a quick word between the two officials, Gallagher felt able to administer nothing more than a ticking off to the already-booked Emre, whose subsequent offer of a handshake was accepted by Yobo but brusquely rejected by Lescott.

Feelings were still running high at half-time, as players of both sides became embroiled in heated exchanges in the tunnel before being ushered into their dressing rooms.

Everton attempted to draw a veil over the furore by banning their players from discussing it, while manager David Moyes would only admit there had been "words exchanged" in the aftermath of the penalty award.

An FA probe seems likely, though, after it emerged that fans behind Howard's goal, at the Gwladys Street end, had complained about Emre's conduct, alleging racist abuse towards one or more of Everton's coloured players.

They have been advised to send their observations to Soho Square, and, if they do, an enquiry will surely follow into the cause of an ugly bout of pushing and finger pointing that took a couple of minutes to bring under control.

An FA spokesman confirmed as much by saying: "We take any allegation of racism very seriously, and if we receive a complaint, we will look at it thoroughly."

Emre's every touch was jeered for the rest of a game that went from bad to worse for Newcastle but had Everton followers heralding the arrival of another homegrown matchwinning marksman.

When Obafemi Martins was finally cleared to take Newcastle's penalty, he ballooned it into the upper tier of the Gwladys seats, while a hamstring injury to Peter Ramage forced Nicky Butt to try his hand as a makeshift centre-half.

The former England midfielder made a decent fist of it for 50-odd minutes but may have his work cut out maintaining it off for the full 90, against his old club Manchester United at St James' Park today.

Newcastle were trailing to a scrambled ninth-minute opener from Victor Anichebe and were heading for their heaviest defeat of the season when the 18-year old struck again in the 58th minute, deflecting an Andy Johnson header against the underside of the bar and reacting swiftly to force home the rebound.

He walked into a half-time rebuke from Moyes for not contributing enough and has obvious rough edges that need working on, but the Nigerian youngster has the makings of another Goodison goalscoring great, according to Phil Neville.

"Victor is just a young kid, but he is already frightening the life out of defenders," said the Everton full-back, who wrapped up the scoring with a freak 62nd-minute goal that left one boot and ricocheted off the other before spinning over Shay Given.

"He needs to keep improving, because defenders will start working him out, but he is a beast of a player, so strong and quick, and clever with it. He has every attribute you would want from a centre-forward, particularly at Everton, given the style of play we favour.

"This club has a tradition of bringing through young centre-forwards, and we are lucky to have two emerging in the same mould, in Victor and James Vaughan. It suggests the future is very bright in the striking department."

Neville urged Moyes to turn Howard's loan deal into a permanent signing after the Manchester United keeper denied Newcastle a 54th-minute equaliser with a flying save from James Milner's fierce drive.

"Every time Tim has been called on this season, he has come up with an answer, and that is the sign of a top-class keeper," he said. "I always thought he was good, but he has got better coming here. Keepers thrive on playing continually, and he has had that with us. He knows he is going to be out there most weeks, and his confidence has grown accordingly.

"I just hope we can sign him full-time now, because I don't see many better keepers anywhere in the Premiership.

"As for my goal, I shot with my right foot, but it actually skidded off my left before looping over the keeper. I always get the mickey taken, because I am hopeless in front of goal. I don't even score in training. I'll get more stick now, but who cares? After going so long without a goal, you have to make the most of the moment."

Newcastle manager Glenn Roeder attempted to make light of a worsening injury crisis that has left him with Steven Taylor as his only fit central defender for the visit of runaway leaders United.

"I would have no hesitation playing Nicky Butt in any position, at full-back, let alone centre-half," he said. "I'm sure he will relish the thought of facing the Rooneys and Ronaldos at our place, because he is that sort of character, quiet and serious but great to have on your side.

"There was no fuss about switching him from midfield against Everton. I just said: 'Nicky, I need you to do a job at centre-back' and he replied: 'No problem, boss, I'll get myself in there now.' I wouldn't have expected anything less, and he did it brilliantly."

what's with the fucken racist topic Dirty Turk?? How about editting that, I'm Turk and I sure am clean lol. So quick to jump on his nationality implying that turks are dirty how about you judge your own nationality or ask what people think of some of you racist C***s. So sick of the same old bullsit with their uneducated minds.

How about gather the facts before making accusations cockhead!!

the words " knee jerk " spring to mind,or in other words read the thread and try to have an educated guess about the subject mentioned .

Guest Invicta_Toon

what's with the fucken racist topic Dirty Turk?? How about editting that, I'm Turk and I sure am clean lol. So quick to jump on his nationality implying that turks are dirty how about you judge your own nationality or ask what people think of some of you racist C***s. So sick of the same old bullsit with their uneducated minds.

the words " knee jerk " spring to mind,or in other words read the thread and try to have an educated guess about the subject mentioned .

you leave the clean turk alone

you leave the clean turk alone

clean turk with translation difficultys

what's with the fucken racist topic Dirty Turk?? How about editting that, I'm Turk and I sure am clean lol. So quick to jump on his nationality implying that turks are dirty how about you judge your own nationality or ask what people think of some of you racist cunts. So sick of the same old bullsit with their uneducated minds.

:lol: please tell us more about uneducated minds

Kind of ironic (a little) that Everton fans are kicking off about this, when nufc.com's match report has made note of some monkey noises aimed at Martins from some sections of the Everton crowd.

:roll:

Bollocks

I was there and never heard anything directed at Martins, and I sit with all the asbo yoof in the Gwladys Street. My brother and his mates sit in the Park End (near where the away fans sit) and never heard anything. There was a lot of booing when the pen was being awarded/taken but no way were there any mokey noises.

Sour grapes maybe.

edit- just read it and it says it happened in the middle of the main stand blueeek.gif I always knew that Kenwright was a bastard.

Seriously though, I doubt it's true. It's full of arl gaffs and is deadly silent. If you stand up and shout something about the match people look at you like you're on day release. So unless they saw people getting thrown out/arrested then monkey noises never happened.

Kind of ironic (a little) that Everton fans are kicking off about this, when nufc.com's match report has made note of some monkey noises aimed at Martins from some sections of the Everton crowd.

Bollocks

I was there and never heard anything directed at Martins, and I sit with all the asbo yoof in the Gwladys Street. My brother and his mates sit in the Park End (near where the away fans sit) and never heard anything. There was a lot of booing when the pen was being awarded/taken but no way were there any mokey noises.

Sour grapes maybe.

Just because you didn't hear it dosen't mean that it didn't happen. I refuse to believe anything at the moment anyway.

Bollocks

Sour grapes maybe.

edit- just read it and it says it happened in the middle of the main stand blueeek.gif I always knew that Kenwright was a bastard.

Seriously though, I doubt it's true. It's full of arl gaffs and is deadly silent. If you stand up and shout something about the match people look at you like you're on day release. So unless they saw people getting thrown out/arrested then monkey noises never happened.

At the moment its as true as the Emre thing.

Guest WEVE_GOT_OUR_DUNCAN_BACK

FA chiefs are ready to investigate claims that a penalty area fracas at Goodison Park was sparked by a racist outburst by Newcastle midfielder Emre.

Referee Dermot Gallagher had just awarded a 43rd-minute penalty, for a trip on Kieron Dyer, when several Everton players suddenly began jostling Emre in a flashpoint that briefly threatened to spiral out of control as others joined in.

Read More:

• Pinball wizard Anichebe adds to Newcastle's woe

Everton keeper Tim Howard was one of the first to confront the 26-year old Turk, while Joseph Yobo and Joleon Lescott were just as incensed as tempers boiled over.

Gallagher appeared to single out Emre as the chief culprit by beckoning him to the sidelines, prior to a consultation with his linesman that appeared to prove inconclusive.

After a quick word between the two officials, Gallagher felt able to administer nothing more than a ticking off to the already-booked Emre, whose subsequent offer of a handshake was accepted by Yobo but brusquely rejected by Lescott.

Feelings were still running high at half-time, as players of both sides became embroiled in heated exchanges in the tunnel before being ushered into their dressing rooms.

Everton attempted to draw a veil over the furore by banning their players from discussing it, while manager David Moyes would only admit there had been "words exchanged" in the aftermath of the penalty award.

An FA probe seems likely, though, after it emerged that fans behind Howard's goal, at the Gwladys Street end, had complained about Emre's conduct, alleging racist abuse towards one or more of Everton's coloured players.

They have been advised to send their observations to Soho Square, and, if they do, an enquiry will surely follow into the cause of an ugly bout of pushing and finger pointing that took a couple of minutes to bring under control.

An FA spokesman confirmed as much by saying: "We take any allegation of racism very seriously, and if we receive a complaint, we will look at it thoroughly."

Emre's every touch was jeered for the rest of a game that went from bad to worse for Newcastle but had Everton followers heralding the arrival of another homegrown matchwinning marksman.

Guest AceDeuce

emre just gave an telephone interview with turkish tv.

he was extremly upset about those rumours.

he said he actually doesnt care what journalists write about him etc but

this time he was really sad about the things that were in the news.

he was really really sad during the interview

Bollocks

Sour grapes maybe.

It's not the sort of thing nufc.com normally throw in their report for a laugh, so i very much doubt it's sour grapes.

Emre5 - notice the ' 's

to be honest mate i've been 2 turkey, what passes for indoor plumbing over there is a disgrace

to be honest mate i've been 2 turkey, what passes for indoor plumbing over there is a disgrace

ROFL! No word of a lie, we went on holiday over there a few year back and during the middle of the night the pipes in our apartment exploded and there was water gushing out from underneath the sink! haha.  Anyways, there were a fair few racist people in Turkey when I was there like.  Never forget the little black lad that stayed in the hotel coming back with tears streaming down his face because someone had just thrown a stone at him and called him a 'negro'.  Disgrace.

ROFL! No word of a lie, we went on holiday over there a few year back and during the middle of the night the pipes in our apartment exploded and there was water gushing out from underneath the sink! haha.  Anyways, there were a fair few racist people in Turkey when I was there like.  Never forget the little black lad that stayed in the hotel coming back with tears streaming down his face because someone had just thrown a stone at him and called him a 'negro'.  Disgrace.

Glad you can admit that now  :thup:

Kidding  tongue.gif :lol:

Anyways, there were a fair few racist people in Turkey when I was there like. Never forget the little black lad that stayed in the hotel coming back with tears streaming down his face because someone had just thrown a stone at him and called him a 'negro'. Disgrace.

oh! blueeek.gif Like those sort of incidents don't happen here.

Glad you can admit that now  :thup:

Kidding  tongue.gif :lol:

:lol: