First signing imminent

stozo

Quote from: GeJon on Today at 04:51:10 PM

Probably  bluesigh.gif As other squads around us improve we will be left to struggle on with what we have.

http://home.skysports.com/transfers.aspx?cpid=8

Looking at some of those moves I don't see many clubs improving, not that signings guarantee an improvement anyway. The £50m wasted by Souness is evidence of that and then take a look at Chelsea with Shevchenko and Bollock.

We need to boost the squad but we need to do it by signing players who are an improvement on the first choice XI, thus forcing a current first choice player into becoming a squad player. If that can't be done this month I'd rather we sign nobody and wait until the summer, there is no point in signing players who aren't better than those we already have just to get the numbers up.

htl you git!..beat me to it whilst i was trying to work out how to quote on this 1980's away strip style new fangled forum.

It looks like shite, doesn't it!

From my reading, Roeder and the local papers are spouting the same worrying waffle as we heard for the majority of the summer. I'm not exactly wetting my pants over the prospect of Diarra on loan but it could be the case that he's the best we can get.

aye,hope they change it.

and the standard quote function doesn't appear to work for me,having to cut and paste....anyway back to the topic.1 big signing could be what everyone is waiting for to set things off..ie hargreaves to man utd,then emre to bayern leaving us with more cash to buy with thus changing the situation somewhat....totally agree with your idea that it is pointless getting players for the sake of making the numbers up.

Quote from: GeJon on Today at 04:51:10 PM

Probably  bluesigh.gif As other squads around us improve we will be left to struggle on with what we have.

http://home.skysports.com/transfers.aspx?cpid=8

Looking at some of those moves I don't see many clubs improving, not that signings guarantee an improvement anyway. The £50m wasted by Souness is evidence of that and then take a look at Chelsea with Shevchenko and Bollock.

We need to boost the squad but we need to do it by signing players who are an improvement on the first choice XI, thus forcing a current first choice player into becoming a squad player. If that can't be done this month I'd rather we sign nobody and wait until the summer, there is no point in signing players who aren't better than those we already have just to get the numbers up.

htl you git!..beat me to it whilst i was trying to work out how to quote on this 1980's away strip style new fangled forum.

aye

aye,hope they change it.

and the standard quote function doesn't appear to work for me,having to cut and paste....anyway back to the topic.1 big signing could be what everyone is waiting for to set things off..ie hargreaves to man utd,then emre to bayern leaving us with more cash to buy with thus changing the situation somewhat....totally agree with your idea that it is pointless getting players for the sake of making the numbers up.

It doesn't work for me properly either, you have to right click and open it that way.

rofl, thats convenient.

also, wtf's this

// Country Flag mod $txt['country_flag_label'] = 'Please select your country'; $txt['country_flag_error_required'] = 'You must select the country that you visit us from'; $txt['country_flag_ask'] = 'Ask for country flag on'; $txt['country_flag_disabled'] = 'Don\'t show (Disabled)'; $txt['country_flag_profile'] = 'Profile'; $txt['country_flag_registration'] = 'Registration'; $txt['country_flag_both'] = 'Both'; $txt['country_flag_required'] = 'Require a member to select a location?'; $txt['country_flag_show'] = 'Show flags on Display page (Where posts are shown).'; $txt['country_flag'] = 'Country';

LoL.  Someones fucked up big time haha

aye,hope they change it.

It doesn't work for me properly either, you have to right click and open it that way.

cheers..that works,bit of a fart on though.

Try and keep this thread for chat about signings and comments on the new forum to the relevant thread over on General Chat.

new forum,new fascist.......we were talking in code like the mods do about us peasants.

Please not mr Anton 'Rio' Ferdinand.  This lad loves himself to the max, cant see himself doing any wrong, i cant see his career gettin too far with his attitude. Can imagine him blaming anyone buy himself every time a goal went in at SJP.

You know Rio and Anton are different people, don't you? ;)

seems like there are a load of rumors flowing about us bringing in players right now.  i know nothing is solid until roeder comes out with it but the situation is seeming more promising than it was about 5 days ago.   :roll:

i've seen anton play a limited number of games but in that time i've been impressed enought to say ship him up here!

Roeder reckons there's bids on the table for a few players and the club are waiting for replies, but "the days where you can conduct transfers in 24 hrs are long gone".

I think what Glenn means is that the days where Newcastle United can conduct transfers in 24hours are long gone.

Roeder reckons there's bids on the table for a few players and the club are waiting for replies, but "the days where you can conduct transfers in 24 hrs are long gone".

I think what Glenn means is that the days where Newcastle United can conduct transfers in 24hours are long gone.

I think Roeder's version is more accurate, tbh. Think 'agents'.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~963547,00.html

NUFC in a desperate attempt to look like shit is happening, or do they usually post up 'transfer talk' on the official site?

Still fuking nowt but Luque's proposed loan, Martins denial and no interest in Beckham.

But still, NUFC will see that as an important day's work in the January transfer window.

12th day tomorrow, fast approaching 3 games played while new players could of been here, and not impressed at all.