Newcastle 3 - 1 Aston Villa - Post match thoughts

Dave

I thought that corner wasn't actually a corner at all though? Looked like it hit the bar rather than Taylor's head.

Correct, it hit the bar

Someone watching overseas mentioned it at the time. Funny how nobody on MOTD did.

John Carew picked up an injury...

Himself and young looked very assured together and will score plenty of goals in games to come, very impressed...

TBH I can live with this result (which in now way reflected the game, imho) for the positives we can take from it. We were unlucky to get nothing, but as you said Carew and Young looked excellent.

Milner is fucking quality. I can't believe there are muppets on here who moan about him.

Me neither pal, left foot goal tonight showing again how two footed he can be (although the keeper could have done better) nice cross in for Dyers goal aswell!

Will still get stick from certain people though no matter how many goals and assists he gets for the SECOND season in a row (yes he did actually play football last year he wasnt just missing!).

Having a quality season and we must be the only club in England trying to sell young english players on the cheap!!

Villa are shit.

You must have watched a different game to me then because i thought they played us off the park and must be scratching their heads wondering how they lost.

They didn't score 4 goals?

oh do fuck off, we were fucking awful tonight, Villa had a perfectly good goal disallowed and also hit the post in the 1st half.

Villa are shit.

You must have watched a different game to me then because i thought they played us off the park and must be scratching their heads wondering how they lost.

oh do fuck off, we were fucking awful tonight, Villa had a perfectly good goal disallowed and also hit the post in the 1st half.

It wasn't even supposed to be a corner when Carew scored from it...So from that it was justice done (spelling?)

But Villa played better than us....

Villa are shit.

You fuck off, debbie downer.  Come back down to earth and get a little realistic with your expectations.  The fact of the matter is, we're 9th now, no matter how we did it to get there.  You sound like a fucking Mackem. 

That fucks me off!!! Post match interview they ask MON about Carew disallowed goal and lets him and a moan yet they didnt once mention that the corner which was awarded shouldnt of been a corner!!!!

I agree with that, The first thing that went through my mind after the goal was disallowed was:  "FFS there will probably be complaints about that and that it was unfair to disallow the goal"   Without people looking at the earlier moment when the ref somehow got it to a corner.

fucking annoys me, and i knew that the seond after...

The whistle went before Carew even headed the ball , I think the ref realised he'd made a mistake over the corner so blew the whistle when the ball floated in.

How could he realise that he'd made a misstake? Did he get video footage or any replays from it directly after? ;)