Newcastle 3 - 1 Aston Villa - Post match thoughts

Dave

Villa are shit.

You must have watched a different game to me then because i thought they played us off the park and must be scratching their heads wondering how they lost.

They didn't score 4 goals?

oh do fuck off, we were fucking awful tonight, Villa had a perfectly good goal disallowed and also hit the post in the 1st half.

It wasn't even supposed to be a corner when Carew scored from it...So from that it was justice done (spelling?)

But Villa played better than us....

Looked like a corner to me, Taylor and Harper complained but from my position in the Milburn stand it looked like taylor had headed it over the bar.

Bit of a weird game, but a great result.

We could have easily gone in at half time with the game finished off, two great goals, Parker rattled the bar with a fantastic drive, Martins had two good headed chances and if our final ball had been a little better at other times, we could have had more.

Equally, Villa could have been 5-2 or more up going in! The first half defending was just comedy stuff, and our total inability to defend a simple set-piece week-in, week-out would be funny if it wasn't tragic. I get more nervous when the opposition have a corner than when they have a central free kick 20-25 yards out.

Second half, save for Harper saving our arses a minute in, we defended pretty well (well, better than the first half!) and it was nice to get the late goal on the break.

Milner was MOTM for me, they put two men on him in the second half which stifled him, but first half he tore them apart down that right hand side. Martins could have done better with the headers he had, but his close control, skill and link up play was above and beyond anyone else on the field - his flick over the top for Sibierski was real top class. Defence were all a mixed bag, all had some nightmare moments but did well second half, particularly Bramble and Carr - see, I do give credit where due - however I won't extend that to Duff who was very poor indeed and even nearly made a hash of his assist. Parker was excellent, but I'm not allowed to say that on here anymore.

As for their disallowed goal - yes, it should have stood, but the corner it came from was an even worse decision as it clearly hit the bar, not Taylor - tough shit.

I thought that corner wasn't actually a corner at all though? Looked like it hit the bar rather than Taylor's head.

Correct, it hit the bar

Someone watching overseas mentioned it at the time. Funny how nobody on MOTD did.

That'll have been me. ;)

Villa are shit.

You must have watched a different game to me then because i thought they played us off the park and must be scratching their heads wondering how they lost.

oh do fuck off, we were fucking awful tonight, Villa had a perfectly good goal disallowed and also hit the post in the 1st half.

It wasn't even supposed to be a corner when Carew scored from it...So from that it was justice done (spelling?)

Looked like a corner to me, Taylor and Harper complained but from my position in the Milburn stand it looked like taylor had headed it over the bar.

From my position in front of the tv after 200 replays it hit the bar and not taylors head  ;)

well i only saw one replay but im almost sure it hit the bar, but i could be wrong

Villa are shit.

No Taylor didnt touch the ball he jumped but the ball hit the top of the cross bar.

The whistle went before Carew even headed the ball , I think the ref realised he'd made a mistake over the corner so blew the whistle when the ball floated in.

That's exactly what happened imo, said it to the wife next to me as soon as the whistle went.

The whistle went before Carew even headed the ball , I think the ref realised he'd made a mistake over the corner so blew the whistle when the ball floated in.

How could he realise that he'd made a misstake? Did he get video footage or any replays from it directly after? ;)

He has contact with the other officials via a head set.

That's exactly what happened imo, said it to the wife next to me as soon as the whistle went.

Eh? :lol:

The cat tbh ;)

Duff who was very poor indeed and even nearly made a hash of his assist.

There was one particular angle on MOTD which showed just after he made the pass his expression was one of 'oh fuck'.

Having just watched the game, I thought Duff did quite well actually. His end product wasn't perfect, but he was always wanting the ball and always willing to run at people. We've really missed that with shit like Pattison on the wing.

Guest TheOrder

Having just watched the game, I thought Duff did quite well actually. His end product wasn't perfect, but he was always wanting the ball and always willing to run at people. We've really missed that with shit like Pattison on the wing.

I thought he did well, too.

http://www.northeastengland.talktalk.net/GeordieDictionary.htm

Look under 'W'. ;)

Well yeah, but which woman, you dirty slag?

Look under 'W'. ;)

Well yeah, but which woman, you dirty slag?

The one who sits next to me! Bloody hell, man!

Was anyone in level 7 next to the away fans?

See that Villa fan in the white shirt who ran across cheering like a maniac at the Toon fans not realising the goal didnt stand.  mackems.gif

Its fucking wicked when idiots do things like that.

Well - will take the 3 points tonight, but Villa can consider themselves very unlucky not to have taken something away from the game.

I won't regurgitate what's already been said, but we are in need of two quality fullbacks this summer, and a top class centre half. If we continue to rely on the likes of Carr, Babayaro (where was he tonight?) and Bramble - then we are knackered.

We needed Two quality fullbacks the January after Carr arrived.

Bernard went awol and Carr was given the benefit of doubt because he was injured all the time..at least that part changed  :undecided:

Babayaro needs to stop crying each time he grazes his shin. Does anyone actually think Bernard has shaken off his hip problem?  He is just playing through the pain like Shola did the last year.

Its at least the 3rd window in a row we have failed to bring a decent LB into the club when we have needed one.

Look under 'W'. ;)

woman = wifeman

wifeman = wyfman -> wuvman -> woman.

male equivalent was "wereman" as in werewolf

(AS "were" is cognant to Latin "vir", as in "virile")

[sorry, English major]

Sibierski goal: no youtube links thanks.

I don't understand what has happened to Duff. I really hope it's just a confidence thing. A few years ago he was voted in the the FIFA team of the year and was consistently superb. Mourinho tried to change his game and wouldn't let him take people on (he doesn't like to play wingers) and I fear he has lost his spark.

I used to love watching Duff, as an Irishman. He would always have a fantastic game. Under Ranieri he was Chelsea's best player by far. If he didn't beat his man he was obviously fouled. He just didn't lose the ball. Now he's a shadow of that player.