Fulham 2 Newcastle United 1 - Post Match Thread

Guest Alan_Shearer

The crowd were chanting Nobby Solano the whole game. Glen finally brings him on and he sets up the goal, too bloody late Glen. And why he played bramble i dont know, putting Tayler on the right...just put Nobby there, Tayler - Guchi, then Carr. Idiot...

Roeder stand up take the blame.

Carr at LB and Nobby on the bench was just complete stupidity!

Carr in any role costs us his passing and choice of pass is just so dam poor, he over commits and leave sus wide open.

When a team is so unbalenced at the back you are never going to be able to move the ball out. Its puts us under pressure all the time, Nobbys is a great passer, great choice of pass, reads the game really well, and he starts on the bench.

I do not think Butt was ready to play, he was just  used as we are short of other options.

The crowd were chanting Nobby Solano the whole game. Glen finally brings him on and he sets up the goal, too bloody late Glen. And why he played bramble i dont know, putting Tayler on the right...just put Nobby there, Tayler - Guchi, then Carr. Idiot...

Souness-------> Robert.

Roeder---------> Nobby.

Roeder's defensive selection cost us today - I know we are short of experience at the bacl, but playing Carr at LB, and the awful Bramble at CB (Taylor having to move to RB), and putting Nobby on the bench ?

Need to have a rethink here, Glenn.

Roeder stand up take the blame.

Carr at LB and Nobby on the bench was just complete stupidity!

Carr in any role costs us his passing and choice of pass is just so dam poor, he over commits and leave sus wide open.

When a team is so unbalenced at the back you are never going to be able to move the ball out. Its puts us under pressure all the time, Nobbys is a great passer, great choice of pass, reads the game really well, and he starts on the bench.

I do not think Butt was ready to play, he was just  used as we are short of other options.

It was not Carr that shouldn't have been in the team today. He is no worse than Hunty or Edgar

Bad loss but i'm not surprised. We're absolutely crap at Craven Cottage and always have been. Barring of course the two wins of 2005 and 1978. I won't be cursing all night long.

I'm glad that we're still in the top half. Going into ninth on Wednesday may not have put us loads of points infront, but it was a cushion nonetheless. We're in tenth place and once we get Liverpool out the way (which isn't a foregone conclusion), we've got some very winnable games coming up.

Happy to see Martins score!

Idiotic selection from Roeder. As usual. I, and most, only agree with his line-ups when we've only got 11 members of the squad fit.

Hopefully that's the last we see of Carr & Bramble in the first-team. When Babayaro's back, he plays at left-back, Solano right-back, Gooch & Taylor in the middle. Simple as that.

Huntington shouldve been playing today ahead of either of those two.