Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

When I check another clubs forum for whatever reason and see a thread titled "Your thoughts on Newcastle United" made by a Newcastle fan.

"Hi this is Scoot....."

Was on every championship teams forum when we were in there.

Don't we have a poster called Scoot on here?

Guest antz1uk

The standardisation of the style of the goalposts/nets.

I used to like each ground/pitch haviing their identifyable set of goals/nets.

Having everyone the same is very boring and clinical.

i was totally unaware that they were all the same now, i did wonder what happened to our nets and goalpost that i had got used to over the years

Guest firetotheworks

The sound of my own voice when I want something to change. Recently bringing Marveaux on for Obertan. I annoy myself, but cannot help it.

The standardisation of the style of the goalposts/nets.

I used to like each ground/pitch haviing their identifyable set of goals/nets.

Having everyone the same is very boring and clinical.

i was totally unaware that they were all the same now, i did wonder what happened to our nets and goalpost that i had got used to over the years

I agree... Used to love the Juventus goals in their old Stadio Communale in the 80's... Or the stripey framework of the goals in Hungary... Do they get any deeper than Real Zaragoza's?...

People still saying "you can't be offside from a backwards pass"

Had this said to me this weekend as I was claiming offside. Of course you can, direction of the ball is irrelevant, only player positions matter bla bla bla

People still saying "you can't be offside from a backwards pass"

Had this said to me this weekend as I was claiming offside. Of course you can, direction of the ball is irrelevant, only player positions matter bla bla bla

Eh? that's news to me, if you play the ball back towards your keeper you can't be, right ???

If you play the pass backwards, but the position of the other player was infront of you at the time of the pass (and thus he goes backwards to get the ball), he is offside.

And the likelihood that your keeper is going to be in the opposition half of the field is pretty slim.

If you're behind the ball you're not offside. Any cut back means you're behind the ball:

A player is in an offside position if three conditions are met: first, the player must be on the opposing team's half of the field. Second, the player must be in front of the ball. And third, there must be fewer than two opposing players between him and the opposing goal line, with the goalkeeper counting as an opposing player for these purposes. It is not necessary that the goalkeeper be one of the last two opponents.

If you're behind the ball you're not offside. Any cut back means you're behind the ball

Most of the time but a ball can be played backwards to a player ahead of the ball. It's obviously a rare occurrence but the way the ball is going is irrelevant to applying the rules of offside. The opposite is what I often hear claimed.

• 3 weeks later...

Backroom staff as games that wear shorts and socks when on the bench at a game.

Especially when they have the socks pulled all of the way up.

Mike Phelan, Clive Allen and Stuart Pearce I'm looking at you.  You're not getting a game, you just look like a cunt.  Put some fucking clothes on.

Backroom staff as games that wear shorts and socks when on the bench at a game.

Especially when they have the socks pulled all of the way up.

Mike Phelan, Clive Allen and Stuart Pearce I'm looking at you.  You're not getting a game, you just look like a c***.  Put some f***ing clothes on.

On a related note, Tony Pulis' refusal to wear a suit for a game annoys the fuck out of me.

The FA Cup final last season is another example. Wore a suit when leading the team out, then just before KO, dashes into the dressing room to get changed into a tracksuit (accompanied by, of course, his stupid cap).

The FA Cup final last season is another example. Wore a suit when leading the team out, then just before KO, dashes into the dressing room to get changed into a tracksuit (accompanied by, of course, his stupid cap).

That day in general p***ed me off. Couldn't believe it was played before the end of the PL season.