Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Use of the word 'cute'.

This does my head in.

Also when people refer to teams as a plural. As in "Your Newcastles and your Evertons".  :knuppel2:

And when they do it with people and feel they have to specify which planet they live on, to avoid any further confusion, obviously, having already involved everyone with that name. "The Messis and Ronaldos of this world" - fuck right off you stupid bastards. Might as well say "the Smiths and Johns of Mars" linguistically. Lazy uneducated tools.

Use of the word 'cute'.

This does my head in.

Also when people refer to teams as a plural. As in "Your Newcastles and your Evertons".  :knuppel2:

And when they do it with people and feel they have to specify which planet they live on, to avoid any further confusion, obviously, having already involved everyone with that name. "The Messis and Ronaldos of this world" - f*** right off you stupid bastards. Might as well say "the Smiths and Johns of Mars" linguistically. Lazy uneducated tools.

Took me a few moments to realise this wasn't in reference to The Smiths and Johnny Marr.

Use of the word 'cute'.

This does my head in.

but they aren't referring to the clubs in plural, they are referring to clubs like those mentioned.

the smiths link later mentioned doesn't make sense!

Use of the word 'cute'.

This does my head in.

but they aren't referring to the clubs in plural, they are referring to clubs like those mentioned.

:lol: Does to me. Pluralising players' names unnecessarily annoys me. Commentators and pundits will refer to Messi in the plural when they only mean one of them, and that's his family name, like Smith. Ronaldo's a given name, like John, Mars is a world, like this one, and there's a certain resonance in the Smiths-John-Mars combo that appealed. It's not rocket science :lol:

You'll probably say they meant players like that, but that's my point, if that's what they meant they should say it ffs! I will not accept such sloppiness!

Use of the word 'cute'.

This does my head in.

:lol: Does to me. Pluralising players' names unnecessarily annoys me. Commentators and pundits will refer to Messi in the plural when they only mean one of them, and that's his family name, like Smith. Ronaldo's a given name, like John, Mars is a world, like this one, and there's a certain resonance in the Smiths-John-Mars combo that appealed. It's not rocket science :lol:

You'll probably say they meant players like that, but that's my point, if that's what they meant they should say it ffs! I will not accept such sloppiness!

they are referring to players or clubs of that ilk and i'll bet you do it aswell. the smiths guitar player spells his name 'marr' so the plural would be 'marrs' which wouldn't be like the planet.

Use of the word 'cute'.

This does my head in.

they are referring to players or clubs of that ilk and i'll bet you do it aswell. the smiths guitar player spells his name 'marr' so the plural would be 'marrs' which wouldn't be like the planet.

Yes, it would be like the planet, homophone. I don't mind playing with words, but parroting stock phrases without any thought gets right up my goat :lol: And no, I don't do it "aswell" btw :lol: what with it being a pet hate of mine. I'd have to give myself a slap if I did, zero tolerance for that shit tbh. Was going to use Carter as the family name example but doubted many would get that reference. :)

Use of the word 'cute'.

This does my head in.

Yes, it would be like the planet, homophone. I don't mind playing with words, but parroting stock phrases without any thought gets right up my goat :lol: And no, I don't do it "aswell" btw :lol: what with it being a pet hate of mine. I'd have to give myself a slap if I did, zero tolerance for that s*** tbh. Was going to use Carter as the family name example but doubted many would get that reference. :)

so, the plural of 'mars' the planet is 'marrs' ?

Use of the word 'cute'.

This does my head in.

Yes, it would be like the planet, homophone. I don't mind playing with words, but parroting stock phrases without any thought gets right up my goat :lol: And no, I don't do it "aswell" btw :lol: what with it being a pet hate of mine. I'd have to give myself a slap if I did, zero tolerance for that s*** tbh. Was going to use Carter as the family name example but doubted many would get that reference. :)

:lol: It's a homophone, it sounds the same. :lol: Oh, you're doing this on purpose! That's funny. You're a funny guy.

Use of the word 'cute'.

This does my head in.

:lol: It's a homophone, it sounds the same. :lol: Oh, you're doing this on purpose! That's funny. You're a funny guy.

it sounds the same ..............but isn't.

Use of the word 'cute'.

This does my head in.

What is going on? Is this like a staring contest? Yes, that's the definition of a homophone. Are you going to ask in a slightly different way now? :lol:

Use of the word 'cute'.

This does my head in.

What is going on? Is this like a staring contest? Yes, that's the definition of a homophone. Are you going to ask in a slightly different way now? :lol:

no, it comes from you saying " "The Messis and Ronaldos of this world" - f*** right off you stupid bastards. Might as well say "the Smiths and Johns of Mars", when they are completely different.

Use of the word 'cute'.

This does my head in.

no, it comes from you saying " "The Messis and Ronaldos of this world" - f*** right off you stupid bastards. Might as well say "the Smiths and Johns of Mars", when they are completely different.

:lol: So my pet hate is invalid because there is a confusing analogy for you? Or is this still the staring contest? Give me a clue.

"Brendan Rodgers' footballing philosophy".

Martin Tyler said it about 10 times yesterday, as if he's up there with Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho, Rinus Michels etc.  At one point he was yapping on about how Rodgers' teams always play it short from the back, just as Reina sent a delightful 60 yard punt onto Kompany's head.

"rodger's teams"

Tyler will only have fucking heard of him about 2 months into last season when he was forced to watch anyone apart of the 'top top teams'

Someone said this the other day but I can't stand football compilations on certain websites which show the same goal or trick 4 times or more, sped up and slowed down from every angle. Just show it twice max and put some decent music on in the background. I've not once seen a compilation with decent music

Use of the word 'cute'.

This does my head in.

I do realise that they just mean clubs of that ilk, it just does my head in when they can't just say a club like Newcastle or whatever. I think I just need to get out more :)

Missing football because of work. Tonights going to be 3/4 games I've missed this season because of work. Irritating.

I once walked out of my job because the rota had me in for Shearer's testimonial and they wouldn’t swap it. I was only part time at Mills Newsagents at the time like. You’re a doctor, suppose it's not as simple as that.