Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Man City fans who don't remember weren't fans when they were poor patronised side who never achieved much now sneering at other clubs who aren't lucky enough to be funded by oil riches about how they're not 'top teams'

Yep. See Boston Red Sox "fans" before/after 2004. Same thing.

Guest neesy111

Man City fans

Tidied for you.

Remember when we played then in the cup on an evening when Keegan game back, dickheads running amok all over town.

:kinnear:

Guest neesy111

Citeh fans from Manchester are more cuntish than Man Utd fans from Manchester, in my experience like...

Same, Man Utd fans from Manchester I've met are usually spot on and hate the glory hunters that give them a bad name.

Citeh fans from Manchester are more cuntish than Man Utd fans from Manchester, in my experience like...

Same, Man Utd fans from Manchester I've met are usually spot on and hate the glory hunters that give them a bad name.

met both ends of the citeh spectrum at and around estlands last season, the absolute scum and those appologising and slagging them off.

Little kids kicking the back of your chair at games.

Turned up today and within 30 seconds of sitting down the kid behind was already swinging her legs against the back of my chair. It was still before KO so I just leant forward. I stand up to clap the teams on and I see she is lying back on her own seat with her legs up on mine. Luckily she stands so by the time I sit back down I can sit fully back. 2 mins later she kicking the back again. I turn around to stare at the parents but they're foreign and do very little to stop her. She pretty much stops then stands up and starts jumping up and down, constantly hitting me. I turn round again to ask her to stop. She settles down for 5 mins then starts again, this time with screaming/crying. I lean forward and remain like that until HT. This included 20 mins of listening to a loud Nintendo DS.

Ended up moving at HT to the SE corner where there were plenty of empty seats. Normally asking the parents solves it but it didn't today. I'm 6 foot 5 so barely fit in the seats to begin with, let alone moving forward in my chair to avoid turning around and having a proper go at a kid.

Man City fans

Tidied for you.

Remember when we played then in the cup on an evening when Keegan game back, dickheads running amok all over town.

t'was Sterk, that.

He means in 2001 in the F.A Cup :thup:

Man City fans

Tidied for you.

t'was Sterk, that.

He means in 2001 in the F.A Cup :thup:

gotcha.  Didn't remember hearing owt about them running all over then though.

We used park at the old Gallowgate bus station and it was overrun with City cunts and remember seeing bother on the way up and outside the ground too.

Evening kick off and big allocation like so to be expected I guess. Just sticks in the mind as it's one of the few times I've seen bother. Man United being one of the main other ones actually.

The mentality that if your close to 30 or already 30+ then your no good any more really pisses me off.

Definitely. A well groomed athlete with top quality training programmes and diet control can maintain themselves well into their mid-late thirties. The problem that arises in most cases is chronic injury.

It's definitely possible, but it's still exceptional rather than normal, isn't it? I mean, Ryan Giggs is amazing but he has worked incredibly hard on yoga, flexibility and strength training.

I guess it will start happening more and more though, hopefully anyway.

It's definitely possible, but it's still exceptional rather than normal, isn't it? I mean, Ryan Giggs is amazing but he has worked incredibly hard on yoga, flexibility and strength training.

I guess it will start happening more and more though, hopefully anyway.

35+ maybe but certainly not 30+. With all the sports science and nutritional plans and shit the longevity of footballers can only start to increase.

Certain positions are very hard to maintain at a older age but for some others experience of years is a big asset.

Guest firetotheworks

Jokes about how conversations have happened during transfer negotiations. Especially when they say something like '£3million and a packet of Space Raiders'. Pure cringefestival.

People who read into the minutiae of every transfer deal and come up with their own conclusions.

"Lille's owner is obviously pissed off that we got Cabaye cheap and now wants to get his own back by pushing up the price for Debuchy."

OBVIOUSLY? You've guessed ffs.

Jokes about how conversations have happened during transfer negotiations. Especially when they say something like '£3million and a packet of Space Raiders'. Pure cringefestival.

It depends, I've made some amazing such jokes but I agree it's annoying when anyone else does it.

The mentality that if your close to 30 or already 30+ then your no good any more really pisses me off.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m70hgpnuly1r6mismo2_1280.jpg

35 :notbad:

Not a great example, but he had 2 very good seasons beyond 30, certainly.