Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Commentators who remain silent at the start of games at Anfield, allowing YNWA to be heard without interruption.

YNWA end of! Fucking hate that song.

Exactly, so it's even worse when the commentators observe it like a national anthem and don't speak over it.

Guest chopey

This "New" Newcastle chucking money around like its going out of fashion I liked it best when we were careful with our money and we were all proud to sit in the Sports direct arena and look down on all the stupid teams waste money trying to enjoy themselves.

I went to Sports Direct today and my favourite Lonsdale socks had went up in price by 5p, I'm gona be strutting around in these expensive socks for a lot of years before my increased sock budget pays off these transfers !!! and don't even get my started on my increased shite quality golf umbrella budget.

People who say Balotelli had a brilliant  Euro 2012. He was ok against England and had a good first half against Germany but was a waste of space against Spain twice and was poor in the other two games.

Javier Hernandez and the fact he is allowed to have his wanky nickname on the back of his shirt.  I have an irrational dislike of the little ladyboy.

:thup:

Also football hipsters who use their first name as opposed to their surname on the back of their shirts. Memphis Depay being the latest c*** to follow this - even the commentators are calling him Memphis as if they f***ing know him personally.

Michael Owen - "Memphis looks like a footballer doesn't he?"

http://allthingsd.com/files/2012/02/YOU_DONT_SAY-362x285.png

What makes it even worse is, I'm sure Lua Lua wasn't allowed an initial on his shirt, to honour the memory of his baby boy who sadly passed away.  I may have made this up.  But I'm sure I read an article about it, where Congo hid the fact his son had died, to stop him leaving the AFCON early  :'(

But you can have cunts swanning about with 'Little Pea' and 'Memphis' on the back of their shirts  :dave:

Javier Hernandez and the fact he is allowed to have his wanky nickname on the back of his shirt.  I have an irrational dislike of the little ladyboy.

Also football hipsters who use their first name as opposed to their surname on the back of their shirts. Memphis Depay being the latest c*** to follow this - even the commentators are calling him Memphis as if they f***ing know him personally.

Jonas?

Don't mind first names. Daft as shite nicknames, though - absolutely. Chicharito, Kun Aguero - fack off. Only if you're Brazilian, I'm afraid.

They've been told to call Depay Memphis cos his Dad ran out on him or some shit

They've been told to call Depay Memphis cos his Dad ran out on him or some s***

Aye sems fair enough to me, kid don't want to be associated with his dad's name.

They've been told to call Depay Memphis cos his Dad ran out on him or some s***

Aye sems fair enough to me, kid don't want to be associated with his dad's name.

Why doesn't he just change his name, then? Costs next to nowt. :lol:

Wouldn't that be a hassle, though? You'd have to change so many documents like passports, tax stuff, I'm sure a lot more being a footballer. Easier to just have the name you'd like to have on the back of your shirt than do all that. Nitpicking tbh. Bet no one gets angry about Xavi having Xavi when that's not his name. How about Sergio for Busquets? Nah cause they're "good" and can get away with whatever.

Change your name. It's free FFS. I didn't want my Dad's surname, so I changed it back to my Mother's maiden name. You can print a deed poll off and do it yourself FFS :lol:

His mam's an even bigger prick tbf.  He had nowhere to turn.

Jerrel Floyd Hasselbaink wanted his nickname "Jimmy" on the back of his shirt when he came over here and that was nixed, one rule for forrin-sounding names and one for good old-fashioned English ones iyam. :huff:

If his first name was Tim or Ian he would not have it on the back of his shirt.

No offence to anyone called Tim or Ian, aside from the obvious.

That's gotta be the reason. But in saying that I'm sure that's why Ayoze doesn't use Perez on his shirt.

No one had an issue with Ayoze or Jonas  :whistle:

Change your name. It's free FFS. I didn't want my Dad's surname, so I changed it back to my Mother's maiden name. You can print a deed poll off and do it yourself FFS :lol:

His mam's an even bigger prick tbf.  He had nowhere to turn.

What a sad prick, can't even control his own mother.

Guest firetotheworks

Possibly the pettiest thing ever, but when people say that a player was MOM instead of MOTM...if you're including the 'of' in the acronym, why are you not including the 'the'?

Game summaries that show a player who was sent off for a second yellow card, with just one yellow and one red card

[YELLOW] [RED]

Which looks like they had a yellow card and then were directly sent off for a straight red. 

The referee shows them all three cards, so the TV summary should also show them.

[YELLOW] [YELLOW] [RED]

It's my inner Referee showing  :dave: