Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't really like away goals or penalties but football matches have to be decided somehow.

If it comes down to ET, take a player off each team every minute until someone scores. Obviously not, but it'd be entertaining.

I'd love to see them try something like that tbh, have always liked the idea. There seemed to be more debate about this stuff years ago, remember people discussing hockey-style penalties and all sorts. Probably when England were always getting knocked out on penalties.

Didn't the MLS have ice-hockey style penalty shootouts back in the time?

I don't really like away goals or penalties but football matches have to be decided somehow.

If it comes down to ET, take a player off each team every minute until someone scores. Obviously not, but it'd be entertaining.

I'd love to see them try something like that tbh, have always liked the idea. There seemed to be more debate about this stuff years ago, remember people discussing hockey-style penalties and all sorts. Probably when England were always getting knocked out on penalties.

Didn't the MLS have ice-hockey style penalty shootouts back in the time?

Careful, you'll get stabbed for that.

• 1 month later...

When commentators talk about players scoring in simple opportunities 'with their weaker foot'. They're getting astronomical wages to kick a ball with their feet, shouldn't be any surprise they're able to kick a fucking ball with either leg. This of course doesn't apply for i.e Ben Arfa's goal against Everton.

Guest firetotheworks

When commentators talk about players scoring in simple opportunities 'with their weaker foot'. They're getting astronomical wages to kick a ball with their feet, shouldn't be any surprise they're able to kick a fucking ball with either leg. This of course doesn't apply for i.e Ben Arfa's goal against Everton.

You mean Villa? Everton was with his left.

• 2 weeks later...