Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Refs waiting until a goal kick is taken to blow the final whistle. Fuck you.

I suppose their reasoning is that the ball has to be in play, but it's just dumb. It's often deflating to wait forever for the keeper to get the ball back just so we can end the game.

Those who do it at amateur, Sunday League level are even bigger wankers. "Yeah thanks for letting us take that last goal kick, retard".

Refs waiting until a goal kick is taken to blow the final whistle. f*** you.

I suppose their reasoning is that the ball has to be in play, but it's just dumb. It's often deflating to wait forever for the keeper to get the ball back just so we can end the game.

Those who do it at amateur, Sunday League level are even bigger wankers. "Yeah thanks for letting us take that last goal kick, retard".

:lol: It's so the ref doesn't have to go and get the ball, the ref usually needs to bring back the matchball to get paid.

Interesting. At amateur level the ball usually belongs to one of the clubs, no? And the pros have a gazillion balls. One of those little things refs should just say "fuck that" to.

Last season played in a game we were 2-1 down, ball went out for goal kick to us and the guy genuinely said something like "last minute, last chance, guys". We rushed to take it, kicked it up field and he blew for time.

He was promptly thanked for his kindness and called a retard.

At amateur level the ball usually belongs to one of the clubs, no? And the pros have a gazillion balls. If it's a genuine guideline, it's one of those little things refs should just say "f*** that" to.

Last season played in a game we were 2-1 down, ball went out for goal kick to us and the guy genuinely said something like "last minute, last chance, guys". We rushed to take it, kicked it up field and he blew for time.

He was promptly thanked for his kindness and called a retard.

Nah, it's not a guideline, it's just one of those quirks of the amateur game that's stuck.  Ref is generally responsible for giving the ball back to the clubs. It is a bit silly really, never really thought about it :lol:

Jamie Redknapp quote with which I disagree:

"I actually thought they were crying out for a bit of 'Britishness'. I really thought they needed someone like Scott Parker and in that respect I still don't think they have sorted out a problem that was crying out to be fixed: they still don't have someone to sit in front of that back four."

The idea that Arsenal's problems could be fixed by becoming more British (especially by signing Scott Parker) annoys me greatly. Also, Scott Parker does not play the role described in any way. Song is superior at that particular position, anyway. The two best British players that play the holding role or Muamba and Barry who I pray Arsenal do not pursue.

"Joey Barton went down with Newcastle not long ago so knows what is needed to stay up"

What? Use logic, idiot.

Actually the quotes are not that egregious. I have decided that I hate the man. UK football analysis as a whole is one of the worst quality products I have experienced. It is simply generic unintelligent things that people on the street would say articulated in an ineloquent way. Very poor.

"I actually thought they were crying out for a bit of 'Britishness'. I really thought they needed someone like Scott Parker and in that respect I still don't think they have sorted out a problem that was crying out to be fixed: they still don't have someone to sit in front of that back four."

The idea that Arsenal's problems could be fixed by becoming more British (especially by signing Scott Parker) annoys me greatly. Also, Scott Parker does not play the role described in any way. Song is superior at that particular position, anyway. The two best British players that play the holding role or Muamba and Barry who I pray Arsenal do not pursue.

"Joey Barton went down with Newcastle not long ago so knows what is needed to stay up"

What? Use logic, idiot.

Actually the quotes are not that egregious. I have decided that I hate the man. UK football analysis as a whole is one of the worst quality products I have experienced. It is simply generic unintelligent things that people on the street would say articulated in an ineloquent way. Very poor.

:thup: agreed

What? Use logic, idiot.

Agree with every single word, Baba.

Punditry and general football analysis in this country is appalling. Boring, cliche-bulging rubbish. They get paid fuck loads and what do they do? Fuck all research and spout tripe.

It's the whole notion of "ex-player = good pundit" in this country that gets me, much rather have someone who can sense about the game, even if they've never played professionally.

You're right on the research thing, some of the things they come out with! If watching and talking about football was your day job you would erm, watch football, wouldn't you?

The ignorance to foreign players in particular is shocking. Not even taken the time to at least read up on stats at the player's former club.

But it's OK, because it's proper funny Merson can't pronounce his name! Hahahaha!!!

I don't get why you need analysis? Everyone makes their own subjective opinions anyway...so just play more fuking highlights or show the half-time axe-wound.

Well what I'd like to see is these "experts" being able to offer insight, using their apparent vast array of footballing experience to give us some more interesting explanations and descriptions about what's happened, instead of repeating the bleeding obvious and not being able to pronounce someone's name.

Punditry in itself will allways be shite like, if you want to get a proper gist of a player or a match (aside from seeing with your own eyes) then you are much better off seeking out the views of actual fans of the sides involved. Like this message board, or a reliable blog etc.

Taking your footballing knowlege from the MOTD cast is a sure fire way look thick as fuck. Scott Parker is the best midfielder in the league, John Silver plays on the wing for Manchester City etc.

I don't get why you need analysis? Everyone makes their own subjective opinions anyway...so just play more fuking highlights or show the half-time axe-wound.

Well what I'd like to see is these "experts" being able to offer insight, using their apparent vast array of footballing experience to give us some more interesting explanations and descriptions about what's happened, instead of repeating the bleeding obvious and not being able to pronounce someone's name.

Nah, highlights or teenage pom-pom wielding clunge, ta.

Friday night international football.

This.

f*** all to do Saturday afternoon, might have to get some mates or something. :no:

There's a decent cricket bit of cricket happening tomorrow. ;)

I had forgotten that, but it's fucking raining anyway. :lol: