Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

the media treatment of those outside the top 6 or 7, in particular the treatment of those outside the prem.

...and in particular how that relates to transfers. The deliberate, blatant attempts to unsettle players and ensure that they end up playing for Man U, Man C, Chelsea or Arsenal. Or Liverpool.

the media treatment of those outside the top 6 or 7, in particular the treatment of those outside the prem.

...and in particular how that relates to transfers. The deliberate, blatant attempts to unsettle players and ensure that they end up playing for Man U, Man C, Chelsea or Arsenal. Or Liverpool.

To be fair, Redknapp has done his fair old share of unsettling players through his media chums too.

Guest neesy111

Fans who expect us to splash the £35M from the Carroll transfer without even thinking who we could sign and if they would be the correct signing for the club.

Always comes up at the end of the season when injury-hit players are given up on by their clubs. Pay as you play deals. How many of these fucking things actually happen? :lol: They're mentioned by the press and fans alike as if they're a regular occurance when you see like one a year, if that, happen.

Fans who expect us to splash the £35M from the Carroll transfer without even thinking who we could sign and if they would be the correct signing for the club.

I would like to see the entirety of the Carroll money put back into the squad, and I would rather leave any incomings in the hands of the manager and scouts (I think it's their job or summat)... rather than providing the club with my own suggestions. Do you (pet) hate me? :razz:

Always comes up at the end of the season when injury-hit players are given up on by their clubs. Pay as you play deals. How many of these fucking things actually happen? :lol: They're mentioned by the press and fans alike as if they're a regular occurance when you see like one a year, if that, happen.

Aye, that's one of mine actually, hilarious. There's probably about 5 players in the league on deals like that, if that.

Always comes up at the end of the season when injury-hit players are given up on by their clubs. Pay as you play deals. How many of these f***ing things actually happen? :lol: They're mentioned by the press and fans alike as if they're a regular occurance when you see like one a year, if that, happen.

Aye, that's one of mine actually, hilarious. There's probably about 5 players in the league on deals like that, if that.

Not that anyone would have a clue, in reality.

I'd wager there's far more with boosted appearance bonuses to compensate for a lower wage due to their injury records.

Always comes up at the end of the season when injury-hit players are given up on by their clubs. Pay as you play deals. How many of these f***ing things actually happen? :lol: They're mentioned by the press and fans alike as if they're a regular occurance when you see like one a year, if that, happen.

I'd wager there's far more with boosted appearance bonuses to compensate for a lower wage due to their injury records.

That's not pay as you play though.

You think there's players around that get paid nothing unless they play?

No, that's exactly the point I was making. I was saying if there are any, they're very few. I was trying to illustrate how unlikely it is.

:rolleyes:

No, that's exactly the point I was making. I was saying if there are any, they're very few. I was trying to illustrate how unlikely it is.

:rolleyes:

There are none, I'll tell you that for free.

That is also not what is referred to when people talk about a "pay as you play" deal, it is a higher appearance bonus to compensate for a lower 'basic' wage.

FFS, I don't care.

I was just agreeing that people saying "let's sign so and so on a pay as you play deal" was one of my pet hates because it suggests that it is common/likely, which I disagree with.

I think it probably is quite common, you just got the wrong end of the stick.