Bellamy on Saturday

Benwell Lad

Im a big fan of Milner but its like me claiming he has never put in a bad cross!

"Well if the groundsman hadn't made that bobble"

"Well if Martins was standing at the corner flag in the first place"

"Well if that fan never shouted GO ON SON"

"If Nike had made their boots a little better" 

etc etc...

I like how people blame souness for the bellamy situation but he walked all over robson, he had to go and as much as i hated souness i think he was correct in gettin rid of him. There was terrible indiscipline when souness came in and he actually sorted a lot of it out to his credit. I think he was right in gettin rid of him and Robert!

Hes a good player but a complete t***!

Are there really people this thick?

4 statements in one paragraph and each one a masterpiece in total and utter stupidity.

I wonder how much practice at being plain stupid Mark puts in every hour/day/week/month/year/decade - but by feck he's an expert so well done lad.

now im not sure whether to just call u a complete cunt or ask u to justify why you think its complete shit?

I like how people blame souness for the bellamy situation but he walked all over robson, he had to go and as much as i hated souness i think he was correct in gettin rid of him. There was terrible indiscipline when souness came in and he actually sorted a lot of it out to his credit. I think he was right in gettin rid of him and Robert!

4 statements in one paragraph and each one a masterpiece in total and utter stupidity.

I wonder how much practice at being plain stupid Mark puts in every hour/day/week/month/year/decade - but by feck he's an expert so well done lad.

now im not sure whether to just call u a complete c*** or ask u to justify why you think its complete s***?

Try the latter, the former's a given.

now im not sure whether to just call u a complete c*** or ask u to justify why you think its complete s***?

Try the latter, the former's a given.

O0

its funny all those that think he gave 100%..what short memories you have...were you the ones down at highbury that lovely afternoon when he refused to play.  Souness may be a tit and all you lot can go on blaming souness for ever as he is an easy target but that little ugly bastad REFUSED to play for the club.  Refused means he did not give 100% or care that much.  He then left slagging the club off......

but then again lets all just blame souness..he was a crap manager and nufc did bad so lets blame him for bellamy being an idiot and lets also blame him for robert believing he was the best winger in the world too while we are at it. in fact lets just through the middle east crisis and the problem in Iraq and Iran on him too

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo the little fcuk

Wow, there is a whole tanker full of bollocks in that post.

funny cos i agree with 100% of that!

Funny indeed to agreed 100% with such exaggerated nonsense (a hallmark of any rant regarding Bellamy it seems).

Whether he refused to play or not is entirely down to who you choose to believe. Bellamy continued to voice that despite protesting playing out wide, he had never and would never refuse to play in any position. I'm not even sure Souness himself ever said that Bellamy had flatly refused to play, but if he did, forgive me for remaining suspicious. As to the 100% thing, every manager that he had worked with prior to Souness (or post in the case of Hughes/O'Neill, no idea about Rafa) said that his commitment to training and playing was second to none, and that despite a pushy belief in himself driving them and others to distraction, every single one of them would have him in their team and work with him again. He was the same even as a kid according to my uncle.

So no, he is clearly no angel (he may even be a complete arse) an but I don't agree that he was the cancer that Souness needed to cut out. Nor do I agree that we were better off as a club losing him in the manner we did, a manner that was all too predictable as soon as Souness laid his first blow soon after he arrived by questioning publicly whether Bellamy was even a proper striker.

I do believe he was and still is a very good player who helped push the club closer to tasting success again for a short period, and that what's done is done.

I won't boo or bait him for reacting to Souness, a man who it could be could argued was in the end a fuck sight more damaging to NUFC.

Guest Bellers

Craig Bellamy is a fantastic little player. Bags of pace, strength, control and an eye for goal. He'll give everything for his side there's no doubting that.

The million dollar question is, is it worth having that talent if he's constantly acting like a little tosser. Off the field he's violent, abusive, and arrogant, as proved in his various altercations with the law.  Now before anyone mentions Kieron Dyer, yes he's arrogant and generally a little nark, but I'd say that's a complete step down from being a violent thug.

In all honesty I think people are just using the Souness factor as an excuse for Bellamy's departure. Yes, Souness clearly went searching for conflict but Bellamy can't be excused for his actions. Calling your boss a liar on live television would not be tollerated by any superior. If he'd bother to engage his brain before he opened his mouth he might of realised this. The thing is this isn't the first time Bellamy had behaved in this fashion, one stand out memory being Bellamy abusing Souness after he'd removed him from the field against during a match against Charlton, there's just no need.

Although Bellamy is a fantastic player people really need to get over the glory of Feyenoord and such. The fact of the matter is he's a little shit and is simply not worth the hasstle. Do we really need this argument every bloody time he lines up against us?

The fact of the matter is he's a little shit and is simply not worth the hasstle.

And yet every manager he has worked under bar Souness would seem to think otherwise.

Do you not at least see that as a possible flaw in your arguement that his departure was inevitable whoever was in charge?

The fact of the matter is he's a little shit and is simply not worth the hasstle.

And yet every manager he has worked under bar Souness would seem to think otherwise.

Do you not at least see that as a possible flaw in your arguement that his departure was inevitable whoever was in charge?

Do you really think he is innocent of any wrong doing at all?

Guest Knightrider

Had Bellamy did what he did under KK or SBR, he'd need bodyguards out there on the pitch at the weekend. He fucked up and the club (THE CLUB) punished him for it. He's history FFS. RE the weekend I hope he breaks a leg.

You seem to forget that Souness was at the centre of some of our worst publicity, after Shepherd of course, people think Souness was great for ridding us of Bellamy and with him the trouble maker.  Souness fell out with Bellamy in the early days when Souness allegedly grabbed Bellamy by the throat.  I don't think I could stop myself from hitting my boss if he grabbed my throat, it's called self defence.  Souness fell out with Robert and put Souness before the club when dropping Robert from the UEFA Semi-Final. 

Souness was really a strict disciplinarian, so much so that he was quite happy for Dyer to be bailed out for pissing in the streets and Bowyer and Dyer were both allowed to stay after the worst disciplinary situation I've ever seen by two players while at our club.

Souness was only hard on those he couldn't bully into submission.

Do you really think he is innocent of any wrong doing at all?

No. He seems arrogant and thoughtlessly direct to the point of being his own worst enemy. His willingness to stand against Souness was misjuged, as was contradicting him on live TV. That said, I had sympathy for the position he found himself in.

He is clearly difficult to handle but as already noted, every manager other than Souness seems to have dealt with the task without seeing Bellamy rip their clubs apart. For people to think that that is just a coincidence strikes me as farking insane, and I think that a lot of the anger directed towards him is either over the top, or simply off target.

Guest stormrider

Good players have the right to have their bad manners tolerated. But someone like Souness would even throw Maradona out of his team for his antics.

Good original post, he deserves applause.

The prospect of Bellamy punishing us on Saturday resonates of Murphy's Law doesn't it ie. our best player - at the time - booted out of the club for non-footballing reasons, and the whole episode - contrary to what some muppets choose to believe - was orchestrated by one single substitution aimed at pressing the player's buttons and it worked.

Guest Gemmill

The prospect of Bellamy punishing us on Saturday resonates of Murphy's Law doesn't it ie. our best player - at the time - booted out of the club for non-footballing reasons, and the whole episode - contrary to what some muppets choose to believe - was orchestrated by one single substitution aimed at pressing the player's buttons and it worked.

Jesus Christ, are you for real?  Players get substituted in matches all the time ffs.  Souness substitutes Bellamy and somehow you see it as a dastardly plan to force him out of the club. 

Jesus Christ, are you for real?  Players get substituted in matches all the time ffs.  Souness substitutes Bellamy and somehow you see it as a dastardly plan to force him out of the club. 

If you have the match on video I suggest you watch it again.

He DID engineer his departurem, though. A true measure of the idiocy of the Scottish cunt.