Subs:

Buffon

Zambrotta

R. Ferdinand

Gattuso

Lampard

C. Ronaldo

Drogba

You seriously think Given is the best goalkeeper in the world?

Anyway my team would be:

Buffon

G.Neville    Puyol          Cannavaro    Zambrotta

C.Ronaldo  Gerrard    Essien      Ronaldinho

Eto        Henry

Kudos for not putting any Spuds players in, and it must have hurt to list Henry ;)

In fact, apart from the two centre midfielders (two of Xavi/Pirlo and Kaka/Deco for mine) that's one of the best line-ups listed thus far...

This is the tactics Inter playing this season, and it works for them quite well.

I put these 3 midfielders in because they can both defend and attack well, and with Rooney in a free role, they can dominate the midfield against every team in the world.

This is the tactics Inter playing this season, and it works for them quite well.

I put these 3 midfielders in because they can both defend and attack well, and with Rooney in a free role, they can dominate the midfield against every team in the world.

I was actually responding to kingdawson - there's no arguing with someone who puts Given and Ashley Cole in a WORLD XI, which is why I chose not to respond to your post...  :rolleyes:

Ferdinands unfortunate he's born in a country where a classy interception is seen as a lesser peice of defending than a pointlessly vigourous sliding tackle.

Don't believe that one bit seen as I believe Woodgate's this countries best centre half and due to the fact Paul McGrath is the best centre half I've seen play over here, so that doesn't mean a thing.

can't believe the bashing of Ferdinand, the guy is head and shoulders above the rest of England's defenders in terms of ability, the guy has it all.

Buffon

Puyol    Nesta    Ferdinand    Zambrotta

Ronaldo    Gerrard    Kaka    J.Cole

Drogba    Ronaldinho

Surprised theirs less repect for Huntelaar, is their a player who has a better goals/games in the past two seasons in the world?

great prospect - but he has proven nothing that justifies saying he is one of the best in the world yet.

i do, however, think he will get even better, and possibly world class...

Buffon

Zambrotta Nesta Terry Grosso

Gerrard    Fabregas

C Ronaldo                 Ronaldinho

Eto'o   Henry

Would be an awesome attacking team.

Cech

Puyol Toure Ferdinand Gallas

Vieira

Deco    Essien

Kaka                        Rooney

Drogba

Would make a powerful team.

would love to see this match

Buffon

Zambrotta        Terry              Puyol            Gallas

Essien

Ronaldo                    Gerrard                  Robben

Ronaldinho          Van Nistelrooy

Subs :

- Cech

- Ferdinand

- Xavi

- Henry

- Eto'o

Buffon

Zambrotta  Terry    Cannavaro      Lahm

Gattuso

Gerrard        Kaka        Ronaldinho

Klose        Villa 

Given

Zambrotta  Cannavaro  Puyol    Cole

Gattuso

Fabregas                Messi

Ronaldo          Henry        Ronaldinho

Some players are better individuals than team players. For example Ronaldinho is a better footballer than Drogba however if played correctly Drogba can cause more problems because of his pace and power. So does that mean if you choose Drogba you have chosen the wrong one?

The truth is football is an opinion game but most people on here have narrowed it down to a select group, which is about correct.

Guest kebabstylee

Rooney has to be in there tbh. I'm still constructing my 11 in my head..

EDIT: here it is:

Cech

Zambrotta

Terry

Ferdinand

Cole

Ronaldinho

Gerrard

Speed

C. Ronaldo

Henry

Rooney

SUBS

Van Der Sar

Canavarro

Vieira

Juninho Pernambuchano

Eto'o

Your joking right, ashley cole is best left back in league.  and dont know any better on world stage.. oo because he is english he can't possibly be right.  give over

and saying Given in world 11 is fair enough WHY shouldn't he be, seriously because don't play for Man Utd??

I saw someone put van der Sar in world 11, when he was at Fulham how many would have put him in there?

It's all about who they play for rather than ability.  i think Given could be best keeper in world, buffon meh, cech all about the defense in front if him.. any one else??  someone going to say Valdes??

Your joking right, ashley cole is best left back in league.  and dont know any better on world stage.. oo because he is english he can't possibly be right.  give over

and saying Given in world 11 is fair enough WHY shouldn't he be, seriously because don't play for Man Utd??

I saw someone put van der Sar in world 11, when he was at Fulham how many would have put him in there?

It's all about who they play for rather than ability.  i think Given could be best keeper in world, buffon meh, cech all about the defense in front if him.. any one else??  someone going to say Valdes??

Lahm, Grosso, Zambrotta - all better than Cashley Cole, no question...

When van der Saar was at Juventus, possibly one of the top three clubs in the world, would anyone have questioned him being in a World XI? VDS absolutely played a crucial role in establishing Fulham as a Premiership side, and discerning punters might very well have picked him in a World XI when at Craven Cottage

And as for Given, we're all NUFC fans here, but his commanding of the box and distribution are two good reasons why he's not the best in the world. His shot-stopping is fantastic, world class perhaps, but when you're looking for the absolute best of the best then you need more of a package... Buffon = "meh"?!? And with all the money in the world Chelsea chose Cech, but he's not that good? Okay... :rolleyes: