St James' Park

Delima

8 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Unless things accelerate very quickly to shovels in the ground I assume this means no expansion until after 2028, right?

Almost 5 years left. Must be plenty of time to add the capacity to 65000, if it's possible.

1-2 years of planning and still 3 years to make the expansion doesn't sound impossible.

Edited by Toon No9

Just now, Toon No9 said:

Almost 5 years left. Must be plenty of time to add the capacity to 65000, if it's possible.

1-2 years of planning and still 3 years to make the expansion don't sound impossible.

Club need to pay the rush fee on the feasibility report! 

33 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

1-2 years of planning and still 3 years to make the expansion doesn't sound impossible.

The new Anfield stand is approaching year four since they went through local approvals. They've had various delays (Covid, contractor issues) but there was also five years before that where they had initial plans and then switched them. It's certainly possible, but given the complexity of the various elements it seems really unlikely to me. 

I think we'll end up staying at SJP rather than a new stadium in the future. The most likely option is that they'll bring in expert architects and engineers who will come up with plans to demolish and rebuild the East Stand with a few extra thousand seats in it, and also sort out how to build the Gallowgate to level 7 without it being an issue for the metro beneath it. People are saying it can't be done but we're talking about the Saudis and Reubens here, if anyone can get it done its them. 

32 minutes ago, Decky said:

I think we'll end up staying at SJP rather than a new stadium in the future. The most likely option is that they'll bring in expert architects and engineers who will come up with plans to demolish and rebuild the East Stand with a few extra thousand seats in it, and also sort out how to build the Gallowgate to level 7 without it being an issue for the metro beneath it. People are saying it can't be done but we're talking about the Saudis and Reubens here, if anyone can get it done its them. 

hopefully can do something that maximises the matchday income side of things - ultimately I think that’s going to be key - even the basic stuff like getting fans in quicker - serving food/drink quicker etc 

2 hours ago, Decky said:

Aye..

I just read the Saudis are building a ski resort over there.

Building an glass East Stand and expanded Gallowgate over the Metro will be peanuts for them to fund and pay the best engineers for it.

Edited by nufcjb

18 hours ago, Mikky said:

hopefully can do something that maximises the matchday income side of things - ultimately I think that’s going to be key - even the basic stuff like getting fans in quicker - serving food/drink quicker etc 

There's probably several millions of pounds just from having a decent club shop with some actual products. 

20 hours ago, Decky said:

Saudi Arabia is infamous for botched ambitious construction projects, and the Reubens don’t do civil engineering projects.  I’m not sure where the confidence re KSA construction comes from, but I think more are impressed by what they talk about building than what actually gets done

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Saudi Arabia is infamous for botched ambitious construction projects, and the Reubens don’t do civil engineering projects.  I’m not sure where the confidence re KSA construction comes from, but I think more are impressed by what they talk about building than what actually gets done

The Reubens have a whole civil engineering department, in fact if you look at the end of Northumberland Street, then you will see a Reuben civil engineering project currently under progress.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

The Reubens have a whole civil engineering department, in fact if you look at the end of Northumberland Street, then you will see a Reuben civil engineering project currently under progress.

I’m in Sydney so I’ll find that difficult - what civils are being done on N’land St?

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’m in Sydney so I’ll find that difficult - what civils are being done on N’land St?

They are building a new building for HMRC. It’s currently at the civil engineering (frame) stage.

20 hours ago, nufcjb said:

Aye..

I just read the Saudis are building a ski resort over there.

Building an glass East Stand and expanded Gallowgate over the Metro will be peanuts for them to fund and pay the best engineers for it.

I don't understand what part of the stand will be glass, apart from the roof. 

The seats will still have to go on concrete, and any gaps in the structure will cost space for seating. 

The gap between the last row of seats and the roof isn't even that large too 

I think any minor expansion of the east stand would have to be with relaxed rules on the right to light issues 

5 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

Tyneside life reckons there are proposals afoot to move Leazes terrace back 80m to where the tennis courts are now.

80ft?

Is that a significant amount in regards to an East Stand extension?

4 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

Tyneside life reckons there are proposals afoot to move Leazes terrace back 80m to where the tennis courts are now.

Quite ironic, considering he has stated adamantly on his other previous videos that this kind of thing could never & would never happen. :lol:

Would also make a lot of people on here eat humble pie as it routinely became the in-joke to sarcastically mention it.

Realistically, it's the only viable way of getting SJP properly expanded. And by moving the terrace, I imagine it would give the option of an even bigger expansion down the line. Maybe one day we will actually see that Level 7 full-bowl mock-up come to life?