St James' Park

Delima

For what is worth, I have yet to see a mainstream Spanish media - other than in the news clips relating to the name change - calling it anything else than "Saint James' Park".

Incidentally, wonder if the BBC called our stadium "FC Barcelona Stadium" which was its real official name until 2005.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Didnt Gary Speed's death put all of this into perspective?

Fatuous.

Because of a tragedy that does not mean people cease to care about other issues which matter to them.

Saw it in writing for the first time the other day on Facebook. The official feed had all the highlights from the weekends game at the sports direct arena. I just didn't read right, y'know. I obviously didn't click the link in protest.

Didnt Gary Speed's death put all of this into perspective?

Fatuous.

Because of a tragedy that does not mean people cease to care about other issues which matter to them.

Think you missed the point: Speed's untimely death brought home the fact that things (as we know and love them) won't be around forever in this life; therefore, we should cherish and embrace the things we do hold dear and not waste time and negative emotions on issues that are out of our control and, for all intents and purposes, irrelevant.

Witless, I think not.

I see what you mean Stu, obviously Speedo's death put's everything into perspective. But I think that, although it's nothing compare to the death of a young man in the prime of his life, the stadium renaming is still serious enough to get worked up about (in the context of football).

It gets worse.

Next seasons new shirt sponser has just been announced.

Details of our new shirt design have also just been released.

http://www.fototime.com/6D1AD2D88BF9711/orig.jpg

Is our sponsor for next year Shitty Photoshop?

Guest thenorthumbrian

Because it's great.

Used to be, and can be again, but as long as it is plastered with cheap and tacky adverts it isn't now.

Ashley and Llambias have turned what should be a classic football stadium into something ugly.

Extremely p***ed off.

The club are selling off 2 blocks in L7 for the Swansea game, add into this the half priced ST and the Under21 section really p***es me off.

I loved my seats last season, and we had to move for a bulls*** excuse that they haven't even followed through with.