St James' Park

Delima

Was sat in the Leazes end on saturday and noticed the influx of woman at a match and kids, but not excited kids, the ones that dont look interested.

The Leazes is like a morgue, im old school and have noticed its getting worse at the match now for atmosphere but around me is shocking, i very rarely sing now as id be "on my own" , it seems not acceptable anymore.

I need to move, its shit

Could be the quality of football on show is shite. When the game is exciting then the crowd follow suit. Doubt you would see un upturn in atmosphere if you sat elsewhere barr the Strawerry corner maybe.

Was sat in the Leazes end on saturday and noticed the influx of woman at a match and kids, but not excited kids, the ones that dont look interested.

The Leazes is like a morgue, im old school and have noticed its getting worse at the match now for atmosphere but around me is shocking, i very rarely sing now as id be "on my own" , it seems not acceptable anymore.

I need to move, its s***

Could be the quality of football on show is s****. When the game is exciting then the crowd follow suit. Doubt you would see un upturn in atmosphere if you sat elsewhere barr the Strawerry corner maybe.

Plenty of singing around me second half when the game got interesting.

I need to move, its s***

Could be the quality of football on show is s****. When the game is exciting then the crowd follow suit. Doubt you would see un upturn in atmosphere if you sat elsewhere barr the Strawerry corner maybe.

Plenty of singing around me second half when the game got interesting.

Plenty all over the ground on Saturday. Best atmosphere for ages and it's no co-incidence that it was an exciting game with the team showing loads of attacking intent (2nd half at least).

• 4 weeks later...
Guest chopey

I was out and about this morning around St James and what with that new building going up next to the Strawberry and the proposed new buildings on top of the Metro station you wont be able to see our ground as you walk up to it, I really feel this is a lost opportunity to extend the Gallowgate and in years to come Ashley will be remembered just as much for this as his other terrible decisions in what we did on the pitch.

I was out and about this morning around St James and what with that new building going up next to the Strawberry and the proposed new buildings on top of the Metro station you wont be able to see our ground as you walk up to it, I really feel this is a lost opportunity to extend the Gallowgate and in years to come Ashley will be remembered just as much for this as his other terrible decisions in what we did on the pitch.

I thought it could be extended though still??

We could still do a Spurs and have a new ground built on a tangent to where the ground is now.  Yes it may cost hundreds of millions and be against the inbred mentality that the Ashley regime has created but an ambitious new owner can change the thought train also.

For now tho, it's the last thing on the agenda as there's nee profit in it for you know who.

Been way too long since I went to a match so I wasn't aware of the developments. That's really sad to hear, man. :undecided:

I think the area around St James looks superb nowadays especially at night when there's a match on.

I about a decade it has changed from a fairly dingy part of town into a modern, vibrant and aesthetically pleasing (imo :)) quarter of the city.

I think the area around St James looks superb nowadays especially at night when there's a match on.

I about a decade it has changed from a fairly dingy part of town into a modern, vibrant and aesthetically pleasing (imo :)) quarter of the city.

Wait until Ashley throws up his twat towers. You might change your mind.

Real shame if this is the case. Walking up the hill with SJP in sight still gets me giddy. Impresses everyone I take to a Newcastle match for the first time.

Everton are announcing details of their new ground build at tea time tonight in a move away from Goodison Park.  They've played there since 1892 so it's not inconceivable that a new owner would move us if a decent location was found and there's many when you think of it.

£300m is it's initial cost apparently. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-39356244

Done properly up here, we could boost the local workforce as well as create hundreds, if not thousands of short to long term jobs.

Zero ambition to do so. Barely willing to keep SJP looking decent.

:lol: not sure if that is serious, but Goodison is a shithole, (sorry Everton fans I know it will have emotional attachment) way past it's sell by date and not fit for their purpose any longer.

St.James' is a wonderful stadium with arguably the best location in England. Why would any sane person want to move from there ?

£300m is it's initial cost apparently. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-39356244

Done properly up here, we could boost the local workforce as well as create hundreds, if not thousands of short to long term jobs.

Zero ambition to do so. Barely willing to keep SJP looking decent.

:lol: not sure if that is serious, but Goodison is a shithole, (sorry Everton fans I know it will have emotional attachment) way past it's sell by date and not fit for their purpose any longer.

St.James' is a wonderful stadium with arguably the best location in England. Why would any sane person want to move from there ?

I wholeheartedly agree.

Could Ashley not do a cheap Gallowgate extension up without anything below? I'm thinking like the shot of the Linc' at the start of Always Sunny:

76447873c705dc7c5dd28d6d165a3a83.jpg

Yes, my knowledge of US sports is pretty much limited to any sports-related plot on Always Sunny...

Goodison is awful like, but I hope they don't move into one of these typical LEGO stadiums.

Last Archibold Leitch stand in the league? Sad to see it go but yes, every trip to Goodison was a trip back in time. They deserve better.

He'd probably leave the roof off to save money.

He'd probably leave the f*cking seats out to save money...

He'd probably just not build it. Hence his interest in the student accommodation that reignited this conversation...

http://i4.thejournal.co.uk/incoming/article8797379.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/JS58482930.jpg

What are the chances of ambitious owners (post Ashley) actually obtaining council approval to extend the Gallowgate so it's structure is almost butting up against the arse of two high density living spaces measuring 9 and 11 storeys high (Ashley's Student Towers)? Sweet f*** all?

From The Mag

However, this development of student accommodation etc will be a private project for a Mike Ashley property arm of his empire, rather than something that will benefit the football club.

Never ceases to amaze the extent of which this prick continues to cut the potential of a football hotbed off at the knees (on & off the pitch) while lining his own pockets.