St James' Park

Delima

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: 

Fwiw this thread once featured a poll and several hundred members from here agreed that the font should be changed. So aye, people are arsed. Proportionately arsed, I would add. Just cos we're not relying on Shefki Kuqi for goals atm doesn't mean you can't have an opinion about an unrelated matter.

Also it's not just about the Ashley iconography; it's the principle internal facade which the global audience sees when they tune in for the match. It needs tarting up.

Got to be honest here I've never ever heard it even mentioned by a single NUFC fan outside of this forum.

Definitely heard it mentioned outside of here personally.

Doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as it did when Ashley was in charge, mind. Just a mildly irritating hangover. Would be good to see it go as part of a general tarting up of the stadium though.

Edited by ponsaelius

2 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:
2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: 

Fwiw this thread once featured a poll and several hundred members from here agreed that the font should be changed. So aye, people are arsed. Proportionately arsed, I would add. Just cos we're not relying on Shefki Kuqi for goals atm doesn't mean you can't have an opinion about an unrelated matter.

Also it's not just about the Ashley iconography; it's the principle internal facade which the global audience sees when they tune in for the match. It needs tarting up.

Got to be honest here I've never ever heard it even mentioned by a single NUFC fan outside of this forum.

What point is being made here? 

45 minutes ago, Kanji said:

There are obviously more pressing needs at the stadium, but would be nice to get that last bit removed.

I think most people agree it would be nice to get rid of the last remnant of MA

But your right, it's not number 1 on the priority list.

It doesn't say sports direct in shitcunt orange and blue for a start 

Be nice to have a new clean sheet design for the east stand where we can have a new font, screen, badge, titty bar etc 

53 minutes ago, Kanji said:

There are obviously more pressing needs at the stadium, but would be nice to get that last bit removed.

Think the thing about the lettering is that it will need to be brought up and pushed with the club, they might not realise they need to do it. The other cosmetic and facilities improvements will happen automatically as part of the general 'having decent owners' thing. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

What point is being made here? 

The same one that's always being made, especially in this thread. That the thousands of members on here (you'll know the exact number) aren't representative of our fanbase, but that the much smaller amount of people they personally know or have met are.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

The same one that's always being made, especially in this thread. That the thousands of members on here (you'll know the exact number) aren't representative of our fanbase, but that the much smaller amount of people they personally know or have met are.

Is that like saying RTG is a decent representation of Sunderland fans ?

16 minutes ago, madras said:

Is that like saying RTG is a decent representation of Sunderland fans ?

Yeah, it is. But when you say RTG I'm assuming you mean the nutters and not also the posters cringing their tits off over whatever stupid/Newcastle obsessed thing someone's said.

13 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Yeah, it is. But when you say RTG I'm assuming you mean the nutters and not also the posters cringing their tits off over whatever stupid/Newcastle obsessed thing someone's said.

Yeah but you get the embarrassing regulars over there and you haven't a clue what the rest are like. Similar on here in that we haven't a clue about the majority so I'll use what I see and hear in the pubs, at work and at the match as being a better guide than a message board.

30 minutes ago, madras said:

Yeah but you get the embarrassing regulars over there and you haven't a clue what the rest are like. Similar on here in that we haven't a clue about the majority so I'll use what I see and hear in the pubs, at work and at the match as being a better guide than a message board.

Aye, but you say this like other people on here don't also go to work, pubs, and to the match. :lol: It's bizarre.

16 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Aye, but you say this like other people on here don't also go to work, pubs, and to the match. :lol: It's bizarre.

Is the font a regular topic of conversation in the pub with your mates pre match ?