St James' Park

Delima

Initially when the news broke i thought what a wanker for doing that then i thought means nothing to me as it will always be St James' Park to all of us and nowt else ,slowly stripping away the past but the history remains .Most self respecting journalist and media types will hopefully call it by its rightful name unless by contractual obligations they have to call it by its new name.

Initially when the news broke i thought what a wanker for doing that then i thought means nothing to me as it will always be St James' Park to all of us and nowt else ,slowly stripping away the past but the history remains .Most self respecting journalist and media types will hopefully call it by its rightful name unless by contractual obligations they have to call it by its new name.

They'll be within their rights to ban anyone who doesn't refer to the CuntsDirect Arena from said place and given their pettiness they probably will.

Initially when the news broke i thought what a w***** for doing that then i thought means nothing to me as it will always be St James' Park to all of us and nowt else ,slowly stripping away the past but the history remains .Most self respecting journalist and media types will hopefully call it by its rightful name unless by contractual obligations they have to call it by its new name.

They'll be within their rights to ban anyone who doesn't refer to the CuntsDirect Arena from said place and given their pettiness they probably will.

I can see "at Gallowgate" and other terms used more often, particularly in the local press.

If this is true (and you may be right), why hasnt any of the media being referring to it as "sports direct @ St James Park" for the last two years. Surely if the likes of the media could ignore it then, they can do it now?

If this is true (and you may be right), why hasnt any of the media being referring to it as "sports direct @ St James Park" for the last two years. Surely if the likes of the media could ignore it then, they can do it now?

True but given that the club didn't refer to it as that name it was hardly going to cause offence. This time it's a proper official change as has been documented on the official site etc. Club can do what they want with regards who they let in the ground. See how Ken Bates bans all sorts of folk from Bellend Road for example.

Nike would be a great deal. Ideally I'd rather they didn't sell the naming rights, but if they are going to do so then Nike is up there with the best we could hope for. Getting them on the shirt and having them as manufacturers would be a bonus as well.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Slowly but surely the southern bastards running Newcastle United are chipping away at the identity and soul of the club until one we will wake up to find there's nothing left of what made the club distinctive in the first place.   

Slowly but surely the southern bastards running Newcastle United are chipping away at the identity and soul of the club until one we will wake up to find there's nothing left of what made the club distinctive in the first place.   

“What is a club in any case?

Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it.

It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes.

It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes.

It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

The bit in bold isn't the same as it was.

The bit in bold isn't the same as it was.

:sadnod:

He has officially renamed it to try to push through further investment for the club and is hurt by suggestions that he doesn’t have Newcastle’s interests at heart.

:lol:

:lol: :lol: Where's that from?

He has officially renamed it to try to push through further investment for the club and is hurt by suggestions that he doesn’t have Newcastle’s interests at heart.

:lol: Bless.

Forgetting the wisdom of them getting involved, there ain't a hope in hell Nike would do this unless they were manufacturing the kits as well mind.

:lol: :lol: Where's that from?

The Express article posted on the previous page.

Only just seen this. :lol:

Guest thenorthumbrian

Rebranding should not come at expense of heritage, says Jeff Stelling,

"The hideous decision to rename Newcastle's ground has well and truly got my goat!

Although the caption on Soccer Saturday will refer to whatever the stadium's official name now is, I for one will do my utmost to call St James' Park just that. "

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,,12088_7302390,00.html