St James' Park

Delima

The stadium as it is now is 20 years old, it definitely needs a revamp.  I've always thought it would look a lot better with more black instead of the dull grey that covers most of it.

It needs different colours at different ends. On the outside of the east stand it should have sandstone tiles on the walls and pillars to fit in with the surrounding area more. The rest of the ground can have more freedom, I agree black cladding would look better, or even slate cladding. You could mix it black and white nicely if your brought in a decent architect, however the white would need regular cleaning, which will clearly not happen. Could even put some louvers along the Milburn and possibly the Leazers end. Lots of cheap options that would make the ground much much better. As for seats, I like the look of Juventus' stadium with the white seats, but even black ones may look better.

The stadium as it is now is 20 years old, it definitely needs a revamp.  I've always thought it would look a lot better with more black instead of the dull grey that covers most of it.

It needs different colours at different ends. On the outside of the east stand it should have sandstone tiles on the walls and pillars to fit in with the surrounding area more. The rest of the ground can have more freedom, I agree black cladding would look better, or even slate cladding. You could mix it black and white nicely if your brought in a decent architect, however the white would need regular cleaning, which will clearly not happen. Could even put some louvers along the Milburn and possibly the Leazers end. Lots of cheap options that would make the ground much much better. As for seats, I like the look of Juventus' stadium with the white seats, but even black ones may look better.

Can't really picture in my head what the East Stand would be like but the rest sounds canny, it would be great to see the stadium looking fresh.  Hopefully the fat man sends Charnley down to B&Q sometime soon.

I've been one who always thought the grey seats would be better than black. Having black seats would maybe be a bad idea once its colour gets worn out and turns them greyish. Look at how the red turned to pink down the road at the stadium of nonce.

Can anyone recommend any prints/high quality posters of SJP? Looking for something to frame for my home office.

Also, I'll be in the city in August so if there are local stores worth looking in I can wait.

Guest chopey

I was up at St James on thursday re-newing my season ticket and it looks like the old place is getting a paint job.

I was up at St James on thursday re-newing my season ticket and it looks like the old place is getting a paint job.

Hope it looks splendid. All I remember when Pardew wss  in charge here was us upgrading the dugouts. In 2 summers that Rafa has been here, we've upgraded the training facilities and SJP has been slowly upgraded since this past season.

Aye I was up there yesterday handing in my season ticket renewal and the car park underneath the Milburn/Leazes Corner was full of various different contractors fans. Looks like it's getting tarted up for our return to the Premier League.

If anyone goes in or around SJP, please do take pics and upload it here if possible. I have a strange fascination of any upgrading works that happens at SJP since I was a kid. Started of with the when we rebuilt the Gallowgate and the Strawberry corner and it has gone on ever since. Even if its just the relaying of the pitch in the summer, makes me strangely excited looking forward to the new season.

There was some mention of a 2nd screen going up a little time ago as well.  The only logical place can be beside the executive boxes in the Gallowgate/Milburn corner.  Obviously we'll find out although that smell of the steps after it's repaint last Summer never went away all season, so hopefully it's nowt as bold.

Aye I was up there yesterday handing in my season ticket renewal and the car park underneath the Milburn/Leazes Corner was full of various different contractors fans. Looks like it's getting tarted up for our return to the Premier League.

Contractors have fans? ???

Has it really been 20 years since the expansion was finished? fuck I'm old :(

Has it really been 20 years since the expansion was finished? f*** I'm old :(

Aye i'm sure it was either started or finished in '97.  You're right it does make you feel old but it's even more scary when you think how many of those years the club have spent making shit decisions and under achieving.  :dave:

Has it really been 20 years since the expansion was finished? f*** I'm old :(

Aye i'm sure it was either started or finished in '97.  You're right it does make you feel old but it's even more scary when you think how many of those years the club have spent making shit decisions and under achieving.  :dave:

Think it started in 98, was complete in 2000/2001.

'Singing section' coming back for next season. Imagine it'll be the Strawberry Corner which appears to be the unofficial singing section anyway but news to follow in the next few days :thup:

'Singing section' coming back for next season. Imagine it'll be the Strawberry Corner which appears to be the unofficial singing section anyway but news to follow in the next few days :thup:

Announced after season ticket renewals start, nice.