St James' Park

Delima

'Singing section' coming back for next season. Imagine it'll be the Strawberry Corner which appears to be the unofficial singing section anyway but news to follow in the next few days :thup:

Announced after season ticket renewals start, nice.

Is this meaning that the existing people in the area that may not want to be in a singing section, didn't get to know it was going to be a singing section, until after they renewed there tickets?

Gallowgate Upper is the obvious choice for a singing section as there's a fairly small percentage of season ticket holders up there, maybe around 50% of the seats.

Should have announced it a while ago because I renewed last week and would have been interested in moving to it.

'Singing section' coming back for next season. Imagine it'll be the Strawberry Corner which appears to be the unofficial singing section anyway but news to follow in the next few days :thup:

Announced after season ticket renewals start, nice.

Is this meaning that the existing people in the area that may not want to be in a singing section, didn't get to know it was going to be a singing section, until after they renewed there tickets?

Possibly, but more towards the fact that people who have put in renewals who would want to sit in that section now have the hassle of requesting a move, possibly to an area that has a different pricing structure.

They should have announced it officially, well before the renewals were made available.

Very interested to get into the singing section, however think now, that my hopes of getting two together are slim to none.

By the gallowgate upper do you mean blocks s/r?, we went into s a couple of times last season and the amount of people giving it the boo's, wannabe managers, not getting behind the team in general was quite alarming to me, after returning after few year break, not as bad in r but was a bit there, also the singing in general in both areas was pretty poor to be honest.

They should have announced it officially, well before the renewals were made available.

Very interested to get into the singing section, however think now, that my hopes of getting two together are slim to none.

By the gallowgate upper do you mean blocks s/r?, we went into s a couple of times last season and the amount of people giving it the boo's, wannabe managers, not getting behind the team in general was quite alarming to me, after returning after few year break, not as bad in r but was a bit there, also the singing in general in both areas was pretty poor to be honest.

Gallowgate blocks R, U and V have very few season ticket holders in. A few more in S and T but assuming it's going to be the Gallowgate, which would be the best place for a singing section, the Upper tier makes most sense.

Is it not going to just be the Strawberry corner?

No point in announcing anything in that case. It already is a sort of unofficial singing area but there's still a lot of fans who have sat in there for years who don't sing and wouldn't move.

I can confirm that we were aiming towards the Gallowgate upper tier as Wor Hyem / Gallowgate flags however wait for official confirmation as I'm just basing it from our meeting last Friday...

Used to have my season ticket in block S but moved it closer as the view isn't as great up there, can't see half of the actual stadium which ruins it a bit so a little disappointed if that's where the singing section is going to be like - would have preferred strawberry corner and gallowgate lower tier.

Still any effort to get a decent atmosphere should be applauded and you'd hope the noise would filter down

Gallowgate blocks R, U and V have very few season ticket holders in. A few more in S and T but assuming it's going to be the Gallowgate, which would be the best place for a singing section, the Upper tier makes most sense.

See I think the opposite end of the ground to the Strawberry corner would be most effective, otherwise we'll end up with a good atmosphere at one end and it'll struggle to travel across the rest of the ground.

Maybe the corner of the East/Leazes stand.

The idea is that we want to be able to use flags during the game as well as standing and singing and it may be that, that is better further back up out the way where it disrupts less people's views, etc. I'm 90% certain it will be Gallowgate upper tier folks but like I say just wait for confirmation.

There are plans for the first game of the season too but we have only just agreed on these and there's lot of work to do yet. All will unfold in coming weeks.

I know I sound a bit of a whiney fucker here, but we sat in two areas in the opposite side of the ground, Leazes east and west lower down corners as well last season, and they really did look at me like I had two heads when shouting and trying a bit of singing.

Think the Gallowgate upper would be a good location, as long as you can get plenty of likeminded folk in the area.

As already said though, any effort to increase the atmosphere is to be applauded.

The Gallowgate Upper is undoubtedly the best option. The low roof amplifies the noise unlike the Leazes where a lot of the noise is lost. Also more likely to get more people from the Gallowgate joining in whereas the Leazes is really a lost cause now. Shame I've just renewed my season ticket in the Strawberry Corner though. Suppose I'll just stay there now rather than messing around trying for a seat swap and if the Gallowgate Upper seems canny I'll move up there the season after.

Newcastle allowed to keep away fans in the gods at St James' Park as league aim to move visitors to pitchside level

* New Premier League rules mean clubs must have away fans at pitchside level

* Newcastle argued safety issues made such a shift at St James' Park impossible

* Premier League have given them special dispensation to delay move for a year

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4601826/Newcastle-away-fans-gods-St-James-Park.html

Newcastle allowed to keep away fans in the gods at St James' Park as league aim to move visitors to pitchside level

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4601826/Newcastle-away-fans-gods-St-James-Park.html

What are we supposed to do in a year? We can't reconfigure the stadium.

build a fenced off segregated area somewhere like at Stoke?

1 small section of the milburn paddock as we've done for uefa games and some cup games in the past.

Guest chopey

The Corner of the East Stand and Leazers would be my guess, there always seemed a few seats in that section last season.

Get relegated again and we don't have to.

The Corner of the East Stand and Leazers would be my guess, there always seemed a few seats in that section last season.

That's where they were housed when we first all seater n all.