St James' Park

Delima

6 hours ago, Dr Venkman said:

Are they setting up audiovisual production equipment for 50,000 people, on the pitch?

No but they are exactly the same sized lorries of thise who do. One of your arguments was that it is difficult to access SJP by articulated lorry which is incorrect.

Yes! Back onto the truck craic! [emoji38]

I haven't been round the top of the Millburn/ Leazes corner for ages so I cant remember how big it is where the gates are but I reckon there's a possibility I could get an artic through there and onto the pitch. Could be wrong though!

34 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

No but they are exactly the same sized lorries of thise who do. One of your arguments was that it is difficult to access SJP by articulated lorry which is incorrect.

No. Getting there is fine. It’s not a good place to hold, move, park trucks.

In theory, could we not move leazes terrace brick by brick to Beamish and build a lorry park for events?

I'm gagging for any kind of St James'/new venue craic from the club like, it would honestly tip me over! 

Probably a way off, but even the sniff of the idea I could probably dine off for a year.

40 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

What is the equipment needed to broadcast a game which necessitates multiple artics worth of gear being loaded inside the stadium? 

A mobile broadcast rig is just a self contained truck with cable running in to it from outside. Everything inside the stadium is small enough to manage easily.

Edited by Dr Venkman

13 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

What is the equipment needed to broadcast a game which necessitates multiple artics worth of gear being loaded inside the stadium? 

A mobile broadcast rig is just a self contained truck with cable running in to it from outside. Everything inside the stadium is small enough to manage easily.

There's a huge gate in the NW corner to transport equipment in through. It's certainly no smaller than the equivalent access area at the SoL for example. In fact it looks bigger to me.

3 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

There's a huge gate in the NW corner to transport equipment in through. It's certainly no smaller than the equivalent access area at the SoL for example. In fact it looks bigger to me.

Yeah! That's what I was talking about!

8 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I seem to recall talking about Atlanta for a bit and how he’s found the transition. And how he grew Atlanta to what it is now. 

He was talking about the untapped potential and weekends like Sam Fender showed it. He wants to do more gigs, raise commercial etc etc. 

I don’t think his nieces (fit btw) appreciated me just thanking him (a lot) for the job he’s doing :lol:

Was also bizarre seeing Mehrdad interrupting the conversation to leave in what I think was cycling gear. 

1 hour ago, NE27 said:

In theory, could we not move leazes terrace brick by brick to Beamish and build a lorry park for events?

I'm gagging for any kind of St James'/new venue craic from the club like, it would honestly tip me over! 

Probably a way off, but even the sniff of the idea I could probably dine off for a year.

but how we gonna take the bricks away from there?

in a transit van????

would take ages. 

5 minutes ago, huss9 said:

but how we gonna take the bricks away from there?

in a transit van????

would take ages. 

Offer the creatures from sunlun a free hotdog and they might carry them to Beamish.

On 11/06/2023 at 09:54, TheBrownBottle said:

Durham is ancient and beautiful and was hopelessly situated to be an industrial centre following the industrial revolution.   Which is why it is still ancient and beautiful with the population to match.  

Sunderland, being where it was, was well placed as a coal port and of course as a place where ships could be built.

It still has a town rather than a city feel (as does Newcastle in many ways).  The big difference for me is that Newcastle clearly has heritage which pre-dates the industrial revolution.  And also isn’t a shithole populated by bitter, orc-like bastards :) 

Yes this is a reasonable summary. Sunderland is a town that grew larger out of the industrial revolution. Newcastle was a medieval centre that was also well placed for the industrial revolution when it came - so has architecture and an urban pattern that reflects this history. 

Sunderland as a 'city' rather than a large industrial town is basically a modern gerrymandering exercise. The city boundaries include an entirely separate New Town in Washington and distant pit towns like Houghton le Spring, Hetton-le-Hole etc. It's not really a city in any logical sense. It's basically the inverse of Newcastle where a large and contiguous urban area actually sells itself short on a national level by being divided up into different councils.

That's not to say Sunderland isn't completely without merit as a place. There's still good Victorian and Edwardian architecture in Sunderland like many other industrial towns in the UK. I would also say that I actually think Sunderland Council are doing to a lot to instigate positive redevelopment in Sunderland. The plans for the resi development on the civic centre is the kind of thing a lot of towns and cities across the UK should be doing for example - while the Riverside development should be a huge positive.

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

Yes this is a reasonable summary. Sunderland is a town that grew larger out of the industrial revolution. Newcastle was a medieval centre that was also well placed for the industrial revolution when it came - so has architecture and an urban pattern that reflects this history. 

Sunderland as a 'city' rather than a large industrial town is basically a modern gerrymandering exercise. The city boundaries include an entirely separate New Town in Washington and distant pit towns like Houghton le Spring, Hetton-le-Hole etc. It's not really a city in any logical sense. It's basically the inverse of Newcastle where a large and contiguous urban area actually sells itself short on a national level by being divided up into different councils.

That's not to say Sunderland isn't completely without merit as a place. There's still good Victorian and Edwardian architecture in Sunderland like many other industrial towns in the UK. I would also say that I actually think Sunderland Council are doing to a lot to instigate positive redevelopment in Sunderland. The plans for the resi development on the civic centre is the kind of thing a lot of towns and cities across the UK should be doing for example - while the Riverside development should be a huge positive.

This paragraph is absolutely spot-on.

On 11/06/2023 at 13:44, RS said:

image.jpeg.7ffcbfc6efc17a17246c30a17efff8bf.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5f5aeea9f7f6d9f5e3255418ddc520bd.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.fc7ff80ee281fe06d8ddf265d1ac7f82.jpeg

we never had a problem getting some of the biggest bands in the worlds stage gear in place in the past?

Imagine seeing Queen at SJP. :megusta:

This video is interesting. According to someone in the comments the Gallowgate land is going to be called "Sela City Zone" and they are even considering building a tunnel from St James Boulevard to bypass traffic away from that area.  Whatever happens, it looks like the land is going to be significantly different from the usual bog-standard fan zone.

They’re definitely following the City route to a tee apart illegally breaking of ffp. The Ethiad fan zone is pretty decent but obviously it was needed due to there being absolutely nothing around that area. 

Whereas we’re right in the city centre. Hopefully it doesn’t take too much trade away from places in the town. 

57 minutes ago, Wandy said:

This video is interesting. According to someone in the comments the Gallowgate land is going to be called "Sela City Zone" and they are even considering building a tunnel from St James Boulevard to bypass traffic away from that area.  Whatever happens, it looks like the land is going to be significantly different from the usual bog-standard fan zone.

Heres a prediction , the fan zone will be instead of enlarging St James Park 

7 minutes ago, Orphanage said:

Heres a prediction , the fan zone will be instead of enlarging St James Park 

No chance. It will all happen in one development I think, albeit maybe in stages. Jamie Reuben already stated in that recent podcast that stadium expansion was an important part of growing the club.