St James' Park

Delima

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Still remember playing a football tournament at Blue Flames around '96ish to the backdrop of Tina Turner belting out her songs at Gateshead Stadium. Was absolutely class.

My first ever concert. 

1 minute ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Is is just Mackem myth or was Fender really not a fan until the takeover? I ask this as somebody who doesn’t have a clue about him. 

Mackem myth. Always been a fan as far as I am aware.

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

Is is just Mackem myth or was Fender really not a fan until the takeover? I ask this as somebody who doesn’t have a clue about him. 

Bullshit peddled by them. He might not have been a full on enthusiast during the Ashley years (who was if we’re honest?) but he was a fan growing up. Lad on my team was best mates with him as a kid, and my mate is his manager. Definitely 100% toon fan. 

8 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

8F534FFC-1B29-40B3-A23A-019C760256E1.thumb.jpeg.90a5cee380edc8cda3d343951737586a.jpeg

Myth: busted

Edited by BoSelecta

1 hour ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Total myth to comfort themselves. 

1 hour ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Aye that's bullshit remember around the time Hypersonic Missiles came out he done that thing on MOTD X (I think it was that show) where he met Shearer and called Owen a twat [emoji38] that was 2019/20 

1 hour ago, BoSelecta said:

8F534FFC-1B29-40B3-A23A-019C760256E1.thumb.jpeg.90a5cee380edc8cda3d343951737586a.jpeg

Myth: busted

How old is Fender? Probably the shirt that really does it but with the hair too that looks like it's lifted right out of the 90s. :lol:

4 minutes ago, wormy said:

How old is Fender? Probably the shirt that really does it but with the hair too that looks like it's lifted right out of the 90s. :lol:

It's North Shields, the 90s didn't get there until recently.

We should know by now that anyone vaguely successful who claims to be a Newcastle supporter is only doing it for clout. 

Sam Fender, Jimmy Nail, Ant & Dec, Brian Johnson, Sting, Tony Blair, Cameron Norrie, Gabby Logan, Chris Eubank, yer one out of Little Mix. They’re all just doing it to advance their careers. RTG told me so.

19 minutes ago, christ said:

We should know by now that anyone vaguely successful who claims to be a Newcastle supporter is only doing it for clout. 

Sam Fender, Jimmy Nail, Ant & Dec, Brian Johnson, Sting, Tony Blair, Cameron Norrie, Gabby Logan, Chris Eubank, yer one out of Little Mix. They’re all just doing it to advance their careers. RTG told me so.

In fairness for Blair, it was probably true. Fashionable team not far from his constituency, challenging Man U/Tories. Definitely sounds like an Alastair Campbell thing.

1 minute ago, Cort said:

In fairness for Blair, it was probably true. Fashionable team not far from his constituency, challenging Man U/Tories. Definitely sounds like an Alastair Campbell thing.

As much as I would love it if that dickhead had absolutely nothing to do with us I’m pretty sure he’s a proper fan. Moved to the NE was a young kid and there’s quite a bit of footage of him floating around talking about us.

He got horrendously misquoted in an interview once which added which made him sound like a political opportunist, but as far as football supporting PMs go he’s one of the more genuine.

2 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Myth.

One of my ex colleagues and his group of mates were close mates of his. They are all NUFC daft, don’t think Sam Fender had the money to go to many games though.

Why would somebody go to the bother of pretending to support a team? It’s not the nineties, nobody gets brownie points for following naff old football anymore, and pretty much everybody has a passing interest. The chances of a young lad from North Shields not supporting Newcastle seem slimmer than a pop star pretending to.