St James' Park

Delima

Despite all online outrage, they would take the ground sharing opportunity on first opportunity.

Decent money they can make+ having healthy relationship with our owner is lucrative to most businessmen.

They shows their intent last time with the bar makeover fisco.

The question is only about security.

Although, it's entirely possible to play through SJP while work is going on in one section, let say eaststand like happen during last extension.

only a spurs style redevelopment needs a ground sharing.

6 hours ago, Away Toon said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/videos/c0v02xj9e73o

If we ever want to compete at the top level something similar is what our owners should be aiming to do. Show us the ambition.

Matchday revenue is only a small proportion of Premier League clubs' revenue, less than 15% on average. Our stadium isn't going to make the difference between us competeing at the top level or not.

21 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Matchday revenue is only a small proportion of Premier League clubs' revenue, less than 15% on average. Our stadium isn't going to make the difference between us competeing at the top level or not.

Financially probably not, but prestige and really acting like a top club (which they want us to be).

Spurs stadium probably does a lot of heavy lifting for them when selling themselves to potential players.

We've normally been ok in this department as players and managers alike make note of how the stadium can be when in full flow. But it is falling behind and they need a massive rethink on fan allocation to ensure St James stays a fortress and the right fans are grouped together.

If it’s a simple 8,000 increase in capacity, that’s going to be swallowed up by new corporate and hospitality offerings so the membership base and new fans are going to benefit much. Whilst the club can only spend what it generates I would be worried if I was a season ticket holder too, the costs of which may well skyrocket in the coming years.

Irrespective of which camp I was in, I genuinely think a capacity below 75,000 will have an adverse impact on all current matchgoing fans as demand will outstrip supply and the only leveller will be price increases. Legacy fans won’t hold much sway if they can’t pay.

I’m not yet convinced this expansion is the true outcome of the feasibility study, and will only believe it when reported through numerous reputable media outlets, and the club themselves. I wouldn’t be surprised if a story was leaked to gather more feedback on fan opinion.

fwiw, I favour a small move to Leazes Park or Castle Leazes, and a World Class stadium as a true marker of intent. With a massive capacity this may provide some cheaper seats, though probably in the gods.

1 hour ago, Jackie Broon said:

We've already discussed this multiple times. In short, that's not true.

5 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

We've already discussed this multiple times. In short, that's not true.

8000 extra tickets is at least an extra £400k per game

7 minutes ago, huss9 said:

8000 extra tickets is at least an extra £400k per game

Long payback period - say 25 games a season that’s £10m each year in revenue. Given some of the numbers being floated about to revamp the Gallowgate it’ll be a significant amount of years to claw it back.

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

£50 average for the back of the Gallowgate?

Doubtful

It will be if we end up creating Kop style stand like Dortmund, or Spurs, that will be minimum.

Minimum ticket price now is £44 for an adult, then you add on average of food/drink people pay. It’s very much in the ballpark.

Says a lot about the clubs future if they feel a temporary store of that size is where we're heading.

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Doubtful

All things included, I'd imagine each additional seat will bring in a minimum of £50 each.

I wonder what's the average spend of a match day punter, on top of their seat cost.

32 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Doubtful

we're talking about the ticket, food , drink and possibly spending in the club store.

and yes i think ticket prices will go up - may be not £50.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Long payback period - say 25 games a season that’s £10m each year in revenue. Given some of the numbers being floated about to revamp the Gallowgate it’ll be a significant amount of years to claw it back.

Payback period is a bit irrelevant from a PSF point of view. The capital cost is exempt from PSF whereas the revenue income will immediately show as profit.

Edited by NSG

Just now, NSG said:

Payback period is a bit irrelevant from a PSF point of view. The capital cost is exempt from PSF whereas the revenue income will immediately show as profit.

the saudi's wont be interested in payback - its just to allow them more revenue to spend on the team and more corporate for their guests.

puts the value of the club up too.

1 minute ago, NSG said:

I’m thinking trade off between outlay, payback and increased valuation of the club vs. Equivalent for doing a new/rebuild.  

54 minutes ago, huss9 said:

the saudi's wont be interested in payback - its just to allow them more revenue to spend on the team and more corporate for their guests.

puts the value of the club up too.

They will be for footballing financial reasons- the cost of a new stadium is only exempt from ffp/psr if it’s feasibly built. They have to demonstrate a payback period that a third party would also be willing to do that project. Therefore in order for us to comply with ffp/ psr the payback will be high on their list of considerations.

2 hours ago, Toon1892 said:

They will be for footballing financial reasons- the cost of a new stadium is only exempt from ffp/psr if it’s feasibly built. They have to demonstrate a payback period that a third party would also be willing to do that project. Therefore in order for us to comply with ffp/ psr the payback will be high on their list of considerations.

how do you know its not going to be feasibly built?

and which stadiums have been feasibly built?

5 hours ago, Nucasol said:

That's 10mill from those 25games. There's another 340 days a year to make money from whatever is built there.

Almost 10 days into May. Feasibility report results were due at the end of April. What happened? Did the club tested the waters seeing the reaction to the reported plans and results? Having a rethink?

Personally, as someone said earlier, a Kop styled Gallowgate would be be a good outcome if they plan to expand that part of the stadium. Make it spectacular and large and unique.

On 04/05/2024 at 09:48, TheBrownBottle said:

I’m still scratching my head as to how you meet the foundation requirements over the top of a Metro station. 

fill it in with concrete first.
Doesn't even need to be a metro station there.

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

How would you turn the trains back around?

There's a siding between Monument and Manors where they can switch lines.

17 hours ago, Jackie Broon said:

I get the sense they're looking to have it fitter for bigger events and will pull in revenue that way as well and tbf +15% of say 400m revenue is a decent chunk of money.