St James' Park

Delima

The club has just done a Q&A session on Zoom.

When asked what could be improved at the club, plenty of people said a new stadium and training ground. Loads of mentions of tickets.

When asked about other clubs or sports teams they admire for doing stuff we don’t, loads of people cited Dortmund, and Man City for the merchandise availability.

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

The club has just done a Q&A session on Zoom.

When asked what could be improved at the club, plenty of people said a new stadium and training ground. Loads of mentions of tickets.

When asked about other clubs or sports teams they admire for doing stuff we don’t, loads of people cited Dortmund, and Man City for the merchandise availability.

There was plenty of mongs on that session mind. 😂 - thankfully I think they’ll filter out that shite. 

1 minute ago, mattypnufc said:

There was plenty of mongs on that session mind. 😂 - thankfully I think they’ll filter out that shite. 

I looked at the faces, and their either looked like and East Stand pensioner, or a Bunsie simpleton.

The majority of the responses were ok though I thought, always going to get a few spanner’s.

It's in the hands of the council really and also the freeman of the city. Surely, it's in their best interests to process an area within or very very close to the city centre. The football club is the heartbeat of the city.

A new state of the art new stadium, will not only push the club forward in terms of revenue and commercial opportunities, but will also have the same knock on effect to the city itself.  

I also think the same attitude should be taken for a new training facility and stadium for the youth teams and ladies team, though that can be located and built in a suitable area, not dependent on city centre limits. 

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

It's in the hands of the council really and also the freeman of the city. Surely, it's in their best interests to process an area within or very very close to the city centre. The football club is the heartbeat of the city.

A new state of the art new stadium, will not only push the club forward in terms of revenue and commercial opportunities, but will also have the same knock on effect to the city itself.  

I also think the same attitude should be taken for a new training facility and stadium for the youth teams and ladies team, though that can be located and built in a suitable area, not dependent on city centre limits. 

English heritage will likely get involved, especially if we want to take up a section of Leazes Park.

It will end up going to the secretory of state for approval/rejection.

4 minutes ago, Stifler said:

English heritage will likely get involved, especially if we want to take up a section of Leazes Park.

Yep and I would hope/imagine/expect that all talks with interested parties will have taken place. The town moor maybe an option also. 

4 minutes ago, Magdad said:

Pretty sure labour said they were going to pass stuff like this over to the local mayors. There’s a piss easy election win if so. 

Nah, but just housing stuff, and mostly on unbuilt/developed land.

I’m convinced even if they got permission for leazes park, as soon as the ecologists moved in for a survey they’d find a flock of lesser shagged seagulls or something that would screw it all up anyways 

22 minutes ago, Magdad said:

I’m convinced even if they got permission for leazes park, as soon as the ecologists moved in for a survey they’d find a flock of lesser shagged seagulls or something that would screw it all up anyways 

Just bring in a couple of mackems and that problem will soon disappear.

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

To be pedantic it's actually Historic England.

Technically they wouldn't even be a stautory consultee on development affecting the park, they are only a stautory consulted on Grade 1 and 2* Listed Buildings.

It's possible they would get involved and request it is called-in by the Secretary of State but I wouldn't say it's a definite.

1 minute ago, Jackie Broon said:

To be pedantic it's actually Historic England.

Technically they wouldn't even be a stautory consultee on development affecting the park, they are only a stautory consulted on Grade 1 and 2* Listed Buildings.

It's possible they would get involved and request it is called-in by the Secretary of State but I wouldn't say it's a definite.

They fucking would like, they are on top of everything.

1 hour ago, Magdad said:

Pretty sure labour said they were going to pass stuff like this over to the local mayors. There’s a piss easy election win if so. 

Labour could put a monkey in a suit and it would win an election up here 

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

and he will say yes when the Saudis pressure him

Disappointed in Leazes Park. I go fishing there but the city council have taken our 4 designated parking places so not only no guarantee of getting parked but also £15 now if you can. Loved my days there but quit this year also maintenance is under a new firm who dont give two hoots about managing it properly. Last time we had to move our bivvy for that light show and had blokes up above us in the trees cutting massive branches down for the event.... It was once a brilliant angling club but even the committee are mega pissed off with the councils attitude...money is everything to this lot and its so so sad

1 hour ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Isn't the leazes bandstand and the balustrade grade 2 listed structures? We could build a new stand over them and sit in them in the new concourse having halftime drinks and snacks

Just give the word and I'll be up there with some petrol and a box of matches.

[/notseriousMI5]

28 minutes ago, Terrymac1966 said:

Disappointed in Leazes Park. I go fishing there but the city council have taken our 4 designated parking places so not only no guarantee of getting parked but also £15 now if you can. Loved my days there but quit this year also maintenance is under a new firm who dont give two hoots about managing it properly. Last time we had to move our bivvy for that light show and had blokes up above us in the trees cutting massive branches down for the event.... It was once a brilliant angling club but even the committee are mega pissed off with the councils attitude...money is everything to this lot and its so so sad

Almost as if 14 years of non-stop cuts to council budgets in the North has meant that they have no choice