St James' Park

Delima

17 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

He’s not half ridden the wave post takeover, I remember some of his earlier videos when he had like 300 subscribers.

He must be near enough doing it full time now.

Don’t know if he’s got a twin, but there’s a bloke at work who looks exactly like him. 

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

If the club was planning to expand the East Stand, why would it sit back and allow that land to be sold for £180k? They could have bought it themselves for the equivalent of a rounding error on PIF’s accounts.

They might not have been aware of it, they also may not have any interest in it.

Also, if we did need it, the council would likely comply with supporting a CPO, meaning we would likely get that land for much less than this chancer wants.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

They might not have been aware of it, they also may not have any interest in it.

Also, if we did need it, the council would likely comply with supporting a CPO, meaning we would likely get that land for much less than this chancer wants.

It seems unlikely to me that a private business would get a CPO, no matter what the emotive appeal of the business. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

It seems unlikely to me that a private business would get a CPO, no matter what the emotive appeal of the business. 

They would if it complies with a greater council plan. Spurs did exactly this to gain land for their new stadium.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

They would if it complies with a greater council plan. Spurs did exactly this to gain land for their new stadium.

Can’t see how a stadium expansion would class as that - Spurs’s new ground would.

So if we moved, and SJP was turned into an extension of Leazes Park, I could see a CPO being given.  To expand the East Stand?  I can’t see it. 

13 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Can’t see how a stadium expansion would class as that - Spurs’s new ground would.

So if we moved, and SJP was turned into an extension of Leazes Park, I could see a CPO being given.  To expand the East Stand?  I can’t see it. 

Safety would be one issue if the current owner keeps up with his current behaviour.

I'm getting this gnawing feeling in the pit of my stomach that after all this palava, what with talk of Beamish and fake suns bolted onto the back of a new east stand that they are going to come out and say that after careful consideration, we have decided against expansion or a new stadium. Would be classic us, like.

10 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

I'm getting this gnawing feeling in the pit of my stomach that after all this palava, what with talk of Beamish and fake suns bolted onto the back of a new east stand that they are going to come out and say that after careful consideration, we have decided against expansion or a new stadium. Would be classic us, like.

And the lack of an announcement is due to the shitty transfer window and negative press we've been receiving off the back of it....

I bloody hope not.

6 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

Whilst being a Newcastle supporter programmes us all this way, I don’t see how the club could sell that option against a backdrop of growing the club and increasing revenue streams, quite simply doing nothing is not an option unless they’re looking to the flip the club which is highly unlikely in my opinion.

Been of the same opinion for a long time now about the ground an I've always very much been in the 'let's stay and make SJP as good and as big as it can be'. I'm hugely attached to that grass rectangle of land that has seen nearly 130 years of football and history and tradition, you literally can't buy that as it's completely priceless. How many sporting teams can say they've got 130+ years of memories all played out on the same bit of turf? I love the bones of the place and expanding to 80,000 on the current site would be dreamworld but that's simply not feasible

Due to the current state of football finances I think we 100% need that new stadium, just up the road, in order to just have the chance to compete. If we want the team to be as big and as good as it can be then I can't see that happening without a new stadium. And if we're doing it let's make it a fuck off, massive 80,000+ stadium that's going to ensure the next generation of fans can get a ticket too. It'll hurt but I think it needs to happen

3 minutes ago, adamjk007 said:

When does the new club shop open? Does anyone know?

Someone in the clubshop told me this month, someone else in this thread was told middle of Oct. Imagine it'll be somewhere in-between. 

13 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

If the club was planning to expand the East Stand, why would it sit back and allow that land to be sold for £180k? They could have bought it themselves for the equivalent of a rounding error on PIF’s accounts.

have to say i agree with that or its a massive oversight

19 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Someone in the clubshop told me this month, someone else in this thread was told middle of Oct. Imagine it'll be somewhere in-between. 

31st September?

14 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Could quite easily have been a private sale without the club knowing. 

Judging by the fact there's a camera up on one of the houses, those 2 must have some sort of business relationship. 

Could be a tidy profit in it for both of them.

Just now, Karjala said:

Could quite easily have been a private sale without the club knowing. 

Judging by the fact there's a camera up on one of the houses, those 2 must have some sort of business relationship. 

Could be a tidy profit in it for both of them.

This. It is very unlikely that the land was advertised. It’s essentially 2 individuals who each have a holding company/business trying their best to cash in. It would have been a deal made at the golf course, not the estate agents.

They have seen how the people who owned the Strawberry land have managed to sell up to the club, and will be wanting to do similar.

1 hour ago, Elliottman said:

Be nice to try on a shirt without the shower curtain. A mirror would be a luxury 

Bit from Edwards on new stadium towards end of podcast, thinks feasibility study has been done for a while, preferred option is expanding St James, but states other option is Castle Leazes/Leazes Park, basically thinks their procrastinating on it and just need to get on with it, as if new stadium objections will take years to resolve if that’s what they go with.

Interestingly while talking about expanding St James he mentions the Leazes and Milburn also, which would suggest some kind of wrap like the Bernabau.

Edited by Whitley mag