St James' Park

Delima

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Don't get me wrong, if they go for a 80k+ super stadium, then yes this would comfortably top 1bn.  I'm not sure that's what we'd be getting.

70k but cool as fuck please. 

Edited by cubaricho

5 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

70k but cool as fuck please. 

Definitely :) - 70k seats plus shitloads of corporate would be ideal - for me, you'd want corporate boxes in a wraparound the stadium.  Corporate does take up a load of space

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

The adidas sign on the seats in the East stand. It looks tacky, I’ve never liked it when other clubs have done it.

Doesn't help when we've already got about ten different shades of gray for the seats. Some seats seem to be replaced further towards the GEC and they are almost white 

I don’t really like it either. Always thought our ground looked classy with the grey seating (granted it’s looking dated). Don’t generally like sponsors logos on seats in terms of how it looks, though quite happy if it’s bringing money in. 

Always liked the grey seats at SJP but do think all black seats would look better. As someone else said, they have replaced seats in patches and not used to same shade as those next to them so it looks daft. 

Wouldn’t want us to go with black and white seats - think it looks awful in the corners of the San Giro where they replaced their corners with white seats. 

Don’t mind the Adidas seating, but would love better with the aforementioned black seats around it. 

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Always liked the grey seats at SJP but do think all black seats would look better. As someone else said, they have replaced seats in patches and not used to same shade as those next to them so it looks daft. 

Wouldn’t want us to go with black and white seats - think it looks awful in the corners of the San Giro where they replaced their corners with white seats. 

Don’t mind the Adidas seating, but would love better with the aforementioned black seats around it. 

I doubt they were ordering different shades.. just by time they got in the others had probably faded a bit. Log jet does that quick. Ever see the back of a dark couch that’s near a window?

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

I doubt they were ordering different shades.. just by time they got in the others had probably faded a bit. Log jet does that quick. Ever see the back of a dark couch that’s near a window?

Fair point. Some of them seats will have been there since 2000 if not earlier. 

34 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Log jet? 😂 Fuck my phone.. meant to type “light”

Did wonder what you were on about with that mind. :lol: 

The back of the couch comparison saved the post. 

Grey is the colour to go with our seat in my opinion. Black would.turn grey one day and white will turn yellowish. Grey would fade but probably still stay grey. 50 shades of grey.

Hope that if we do.have a new stadium, the quality of paint on the seats are durable. Perhaps a retractable roof to shield it from harsh weather conditions.

Always thought our grey seats were shite. Having said that I'm not arsed with this Adidas thing because you'll never see it. For the most part there'll be bums on those seats.

31 minutes ago, Decky said:

Always thought our grey seats were shite. Having said that I'm not arsed with this Adidas thing because you'll never see it. For the most part there'll be bums on those seats.

Bit harsh

4 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

MK Dons stadium looks very good with the all black seating.

The new Spurs’ stadium has a very very dark navy colour that looks more black than blue and looks sleek.

8 hours ago, nufcjb said:

Grey is the colour to go with our seat in my opinion. Black would.turn grey one day and white will turn yellowish. Grey would fade but probably still stay grey. 50 shades of grey.

Hope that if we do.have a new stadium, the quality of paint on the seats are durable. Perhaps a retractable roof to shield it from harsh weather conditions.

Nah… strong black & white blocks similar to what Wembley looked like in final at start and end of our final. I’m sure PIF can afford a few blow torch’s when they fade…