St James' Park

Delima

I wonder what the other news will be.

I'm guessing changing the club shop into a Sports Direct +. I bet other than the replica tops, the rest of the NUFC tat sells poorly. Ashley would make more coin through selling his cheap tracksuits and trainers than a NUFC monopoly set or denim shirt with the club crest embroided on the tit.

He only just put an concession in there the other week didn't he? One of his other trading names.

You'd have thought they'd be keeping a fairly low profile after accepting £35m for our best prospect of recent years and spending none of it.  There's always something with this lot.  FWIW I think a lot of the press will refer to it as this new name, they just refused to call it SD.com@SJP because it was such a ridiculous mouthful.

But Mike Ashley has reduced the debt, and we're 3rd in the league because of him.

He sells players and gets better ones in on the cheap. He sacks managers and gets better ones in by luck.

The Gallowgate and the East Stand now is fine because we're getting money off Sports Direct.

So yeah it's okay if we rename the stadium because we owe everyhitng to Mike Ashley.

We may aswell accept it, because i know what we as fans are like. We'll keck up a fuss for a week and then nowt will happen.

What St James' songs? We have none about the ground, only ones about stands. Which I fear will be the next thing to change. The Gallowgate End = The Sports Direct Stand.

That's what I mean. We need some sharpish.

Why does he do it, 3rd top things going really well.. but he plays us, half price season ticket offer then waiting until the international break where after we have two away games before we are at home again. That's a full month before we return to St James' Park.

Its not like he has sold the naming rights to a multi billion corporation and gained us a nice wedge to go on players, I think a few fans may have understood that.

Just watch - the east stand will be the sports direct stand. With the red and blue lettering as per his branding on our seats. FFS man.

Some of the stands have been sponsored before and nobody used the names. I never once heard "here come Newcastle attacking the famous Exhibition Stand."

What St James' songs? We have none about the ground, only ones about stands. Which I fear will be the next thing to change. The Gallowgate End = The Sports Direct Stand.

That's what I mean. We need some sharpish.

It's hard to fit it in like but there will be some.

Just watch - the east stand will be the sports direct stand. With the red and blue lettering as per his branding on our seats. FFS man.

Not sure if serious, but that is actually not a bad shout :lol:

Totally serious for a change.

How would people react if he did this then renamed the east stand the Sir Bobby Robson stand?

Annoyed. There's people in our history more deserving of a stand than Sir Bobby.

Sunstevebrenner Steve

Great to see a national newspaper sports editor totally ignore an embargo, so desperate was he to tell the Twattaspehre.. #embargo

Definitely true then.