St James' Park

Delima

For those rubbishing this and people new to the party, we had:

TonyEvansTimes Ton Evans

Newcastle to rename St James' Park the Sports Direct Arena

which was deleted, then we had:

iainmacintosh Iain Macintosh

Oooh, a strictly embargoed email has just landed in my in-box. Prepare for a serious tantrum from this part of the world...

iainmacintosh Iain Macintosh

I guess, in fairness, the logos were a giveaway.

then:

McNallyMirror Brian McNally

@MsiDouglas @iainmacintosh "strictly embargoed" has always been an invitation to those who never quite grew up to act as naughty schoolkids

then when asked directly about whether the stadium was being renamed or not, he said:

@JackStanley86 Duty bound not to discuss the subject because of editorial restrictions.

@davidpick1987 @MsiDouglas @lee_ryder @Sunstevebrenner Thanks for your trust but I must also be trusted not to reveal an embargoed story.

How often is Eastlands/City of Manchester Stadium called the Etihad Stadium?

Hopefully people will just ignore it.  Also hopefully, some nutters will fix the signs with a tin of black and white paint one night.

I always hear 'The Etihad' from the media. Surely this one will be laughed off?

How often is Eastlands/City of Manchester Stadium called the Etihad Stadium?

Hopefully people will just ignore it.  Also hopefully, some nutters will fix the signs with a tin of black and white paint one night.

all the time but thats a much newer stadium so easier to apply, the challenge is changing the name of an old stadium

Surely a full rebrand will mean much more in the way of cash from SD, given that it's now on a par with the Etihad, Emirates etc?

Do we get anything from the current branding?  Rememebr at least some claims that it actually cost the club money because NUFC pay for the signs and the labour erecting them.

Surely a full rebrand will mean much more in the way of cash from SD, given that it's now on a par with the Etihad, Emirates etc?

Do we get anything from the current branding?  Rememebr at least some claims that it actually cost the club money because NUFC pay for the signs and the labour erecting them.

It's about £40,000 (plus interest free director loans), I think.

Guest bimpy474

Unfortunately that is Mike Ashley.......................feels so dirty to say.

Its our club but he owns it, just doesn't sound right.....:(

team doing well. fans happy. cheap season ticket deals. couple of months of stability after what looked to be a poor conclusion to the transfer window.

you just knew Ashley couldn't resist doing something that would shit all over our rosy little garden.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Still think people should take a load of JJB Sports banners in.  Or stuff like "Sweatshop Direct.Com"

Quality :lol:

Not sure if the point has been made, cba to search... but the signs that have been going up recently have said 'SportsDirect.Com@StJamesPark'. Would have thought they would have said 'SportsDirect Arena' or something if it was to change.

Edit- it's been made several times, ignore  :laugh:

Not sure if the point has been made, cba to search... but the signs that have been going up recently have said 'SportsDirect.Com@StJamesPark'. Would have thought they would have said 'SportsDirect Arena' or something if it was to change.

Edit- it's been made several times, ignore  :laugh:

Fuck, I should read other posts before I make my own, not afterwards. :lol: