St James' Park

Delima

Eh, why stick up loads of "@ St James' Park" signs, and then days later rename it again? ???

Those signs he put up likely cost fuck all to a company the size of NUFC.  A few thousand for the signs and another couple of thousand for the labour.  Probably less than 10% of Smith's wage for one week per sign.

Guest Haris Vuckic

@LukeEdwardsTele Luke Edwards

And another s*** storm heads this way.... plenty to read about #nufc in tomorrow's Telegraph

1 minute ago

:(

McNally pretty all but confirmed it but this seems to be it I guess...

@LukeEdwardsTele Luke Edwards

And another shit storm heads this way.... plenty to read about #nufc in tomorrow's Telegraph

1 minute ago

:(

I'm starting to hope that this is all that is coming in the statement.

I think this will be the start of a lot of teams doing likewise tbh. Chelsea have already said they're actively looking for a stadium sponsor.

What will actively change if it's true? The fans are still there, the players and management aren't affected. Yes it strips away a piece of the cultural fabric of the club and it's tacky. I'm not sure though it's a disaster of epic proportions, few will actually call it Sports Direct or any other sponsor name. To anyone who matters, it will always be known as St James' Park.

The difference is - other teams like Man City, Arsenal & Chelsea will actually be receiving money unlike us.

Isn't the City situation just a fudge to comply with financial fair play? I may be wrong but I thought the same lot that own MCFC also own Etihad?

The difference is - other teams like Man City, Arsenal & Chelsea will actually be receiving money unlike us.

Isn't the City situation just a fudge to comply with financial fair play? I may be wrong but I thought the same lot that own MCFC also own Etihad?

relative of Mansour I think

Guest bimpy474

Our hand is being forced, we cannot cause disruption because of where we stand in the league, we are essentially being forced to agree to this bullshit.

Or ignore it............i hate saying its just a name, i know its deeper than that but lets not rise to the bait.

Names of stadiums are purely cosmetic. It will be forever SJP. Why let the fat bastard damped the mood. Lets concentrate on the football and not get wound up by that.

After all for the past year or two its been SJP @ Sports Direct. Whats really the big difference? It will always been SJP. End Of. Lets not fuel the media to damped the great start we've had