St James' Park

Delima

:lol:

I did call them mongs, but at least they're standing up for what they believe in, I guess. It's just ridiculou that a) it's this late and b) it's when we have had supposedly reat news because of, and from the board recently.

Just charvers wanting to smash something and he has given them an excuse, tbf.

which is it then ?

Charvers wanting to smash something in this case. Which I hate to say. Had this have been immediately after the whole sign thing I could take it with a pinch of salt. Just seems a bit rediculous the whole timing.

Oh dear Ashley will probably retaliate

Just have visions of him kicking in the Club Shop window going "Newcastle is f***ing s***, Newcastle is f***ing s***, HOW DO YOU LIKE IT? EH? EH?" :lol:

:lol:

i'm sure one of the re3sident cyber artists could whip something up.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Embarrassing

Don't bite the hand that feeds! If MA pulls out now we are up s*** creek

Don't be daft, Ashley is not going to take a massive loss just because some SD signs were tore down.

He can be quite touchy can Mike

That new found enthusiasm can soon wane!

Embarrassing

Don't bite the hand that feeds! If MA pulls out now we are up s*** creek

Don't be daft, Ashley is not going to take a massive loss just because some SD signs were tore down.

He can be quite touchy can Mike

That new found enthusiasm can soon wane!

He might do something to piss us off, but he would never jeopardise his own company/his money.

I can see MA Doing something in response. Like maybe taking the signs off the outside of the gallowgate and replacing it with one massive OTT sign. Similar size too the shearer one that was up

I can see MA Doing something in response. Like maybe taking the signs off the outside of the gallowgate and replacing it with one massive OTT sign. Similar size too the shearer one that was up

Oh fucking hell. :lol: That's not that much of an out of this world suggestion tbh. I'm scared. :undecided:

Inexcusable,hate people who shit on their own doorstep or just destroy things.what good comes of it?none at all.these kids weren't even making a protest,they were being dicks.the ban on the graffiti artist was harsh but I'd gladly see these people banned for life from the ground.if you're not in the ground tonwatch football you shouldn't be there,go trash your own houses and your own shit

Not sure if posted:

“Do you think me and Mike call it the Sports Direct Arena? We call it St James’ Park, because it is St James’ Park,”

“But, to optimise our commercial side, we needed to get that in there. Other clubs do it. Mike is a Chelsea supporter. Everyone thinks he’s a Tottenham Hotspur supporter, by the way, and that upsets him. But if Stamford Bridge was changing names, he’d have a view. It will always be Stamford Bridge. The same goes for St James’. But we have to do our best for the club and for the people who turn up to see the game.”

“We know the naming rights is contentious, but that income is something we need. Could our stadium be the O2 of the North? I think it could. It’s already a cathedral, but it’s dead in the summer. There are things the club can expand on, but we are limited. Sports Direct is showcasing it and that is the business that gives Mike the power to put £270 million of his own money behind the club.

“We’re not riding roughshod over people’s love. If we wanted to do that, we’d just put ticket prices up.”

“We’re not doing this to sell up. The reality is that if someone comes up with a chunk of money, I’d have to put it to Mike and he would have to consider it.

“Would we sell it to someone who couldn’t afford it? No. Would we sell it cheap? No. Why would we? We’ve put the money in, done the work and now we may see the upside of what we’re trying to grow.”

Not sure if posted:

“Do you think me and Mike call it the Sports Direct Arena? We call it St James’ Park, because it is St James’ Park,”

“But, to optimise our commercial side, we needed to get that in there. Other clubs do it. Mike is a Chelsea supporter. Everyone thinks he’s a Tottenham Hotspur supporter, by the way, and that upsets him. But if Stamford Bridge was changing names, he’d have a view. It will always be Stamford Bridge. The same goes for St James’. But we have to do our best for the club and for the people who turn up to see the game.”

“We know the naming rights is contentious, but that income is something we need. Could our stadium be the O2 of the North? I think it could. It’s already a cathedral, but it’s dead in the summer. There are things the club can expand on, but we are limited. Sports Direct is showcasing it and that is the business that gives Mike the power to put £270 million of his own money behind the club.

“We’re not riding roughshod over people’s love. If we wanted to do that, we’d just put ticket prices up.”

“We’re not doing this to sell up. The reality is that if someone comes up with a chunk of money, I’d have to put it to Mike and he would have to consider it.

“Would we sell it to someone who couldn’t afford it? No. Would we sell it cheap? No. Why would we? We’ve put the money in, done the work and now we may see the upside of what we’re trying to grow.”

the truth behind that will be if and when it gets sold.

Guest johnson293

where's that llambias quote come from?

George Caulkin has been tweeting bits of that, so guess it must be in a piece in The Times, tomorrow (Need to sub online).

Guest johnson293

For those who don't sub to the Times Online, the whole article (and another) has been posted in the 'Llambias' thread.

Bunch of morons getting a record and banned from the ground for life for this shit. Just not worth it.

Half of them wouldn't have a seconds thought shopping at SD if it were 25% cheaper than anywhere else.

Pathetic showing, as bad as the mackems.

Aha thanks.  Few things to note but I find it strange that he's outing Ashley as a Chelsea fan. :lol:

I'd put money on JH adding that bit in, happening a lot on here and it is very annoying.

Quotes also here:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-exclusive-Owner-Mike-Ashley-and-MD-Derek-Llambias-still-call-stadium-St-James-Park-despite-renaming-it-in-sponsorship-deal-and-say-fans-should-do-so-too-article875683.html