St James' Park

Delima

I wonder where they will put the screens for the goal line technology next season... IIRC it's part of the agreement that the crowd seen the replay also(?)...

Dangle a tiny telly from the top of the Leazes end.  :crazy2:

I wonder where they will put the screens for the goal line technology next season... IIRC it's part of the agreement that the crowd seen the replay also(?)...

Even though there are camera's they only act as sensors, there is no need for a view of the goal.

In my youth it was 'The Leazes End', 'The Gallowgate', 'The West Stand' and 'The Leazes Terrace'. Don't know if anyone else remembers it that way.

Wasn't the Leazes Terrace the Popular, it was when I was a kid.

The East Stand section was definitely called 'The Popular' according to my old man. Then the New Stand, which he still calls it by today.

Guest Roger Kint

Would it be possible for the Gallowgate to be a single tier stand all they way up to the level of level 7? Looking at Brussia's stadium even though it is high it doesn't look as high as our level 7. So in theory is it possible?

Aye theoretically we could spend god knows how many millions totally refurbishing the entire stand for some pointless reason..........

Back in the day, there was the Leazes End, Gallowgate End, Popular Side, The Paddocks and The Stand. You could avoid the queues for the Leazes by going in the Popular and paying a bit extra at the transfer turnstile under the bottom bit of the Leazes corner - an extra tanner (2.5p to you yunguns) I think it was! Happy days, no cover unless you were at the back of the Leazes, standing on worn out railway sleepers with cinders in between, piss and spew running down the terraces (watch your pockets), possible life theatening surges every time we attacked, never mind scored, mass battles with opposing fans or between ourselves if none came, no beer on sale in the ground, manky pies and Bovril, not knowing the other scores unless you bought a programme for the "code" used by the guy in the Scoreboard who loved winding people up, no clock, only the "Ten Minute Flag" in the Gallowgate corner. Today - it's a bit better but i still can't find out the scores because it is still impossible to hear the announcements at the back of The New Stand  as thedudeabides' dad correctly calls it.

Guest firetotheworks

Black and gold

Gallowgate 'stand'

Neither in the centre nor fully to the side

Shit font

Shitter materials

Ticks all the boxes.

genuinely don't know why they've decided to label up all the stands either.

Anyone with half a brain should be able to look at the back of their ticket and work out which is which.

Some people struggle to work out which row and seat they're supposed to be in nevermind which stand.

genuinely don't know why they've decided to label up all the stands either.

Anyone with half a brain should be able to look at the back of their ticket and work out which is which.

Some people struggle to work out which row and seat they're supposed to be in nevermind which stand.

All part of our global reach. Often get asked by foreigners on my way to the ground where a certain stand is etc.

In my youth it was 'The Leazes End', 'The Gallowgate', 'The West Stand' and 'The Leazes Terrace'. Don't know if anyone else remembers it that way.

Was The Popular Side wasn't it?

Black and gold

Gallowgate 'stand'

Neither in the centre nor fully to the side

Shit font

Shitter materials

Ticks all the boxes.

I can't remember if this has spiralled out of control in my head but I think from being up there the other day there are actually two - one towards each corner.

Never even knew it was the leazes terrace tbh, always thought the pre east stand was the popular.

When I was a kid it was The leazes end, gallowgate, new stand and old stand.