St James' Park

Delima

that pic- pre Eldon Square?

NO because the Percy Street/Bainbridges circular multi storey car park which is part of Eldon Square is on there.

It has to be prior to April 1978 though as the Leazes End is still up.

I thought that car park was up a few years before eldon square?

NO because the Percy Street/Bainbridges circular multi storey car park which is part of Eldon Square is on there.

Dunno, i thought it was part of Eldon Square???????

so did I but I recently saw a photo of newcastle pre-eldon square and that car park was in it.

so did I but I recently saw a photo of newcastle pre-eldon square and that car park was in it.

To be fair though, the East Stand is on there so it can only be sometime between 1972 and 1978 and Eldon Square opened in 1976 and wasn't built overnight.

To be fair though, the East Stand is on there so it can only be sometime between 1972 and 1978 and Eldon Square opened in 1976 and wasn't built overnight.

yup- think you could be right- that they built the car park as part of ES just first.

I wonder where they will put the screens for the goal line technology next season... IIRC it's part of the agreement that the crowd seen the replay also(?)...

Even though there are camera's they only act as sensors, there is no need for a view of the goal.

I'm aware of that but as I said in my post... I believe part of agreeance of goal line technology is the crowd must see the decision... As they didn't want a TV audience finding out before the paying public... So I'm guessing we will need a couple of screens... No?

Guest neesy111

I wonder where they will put the screens for the goal line technology next season... IIRC it's part of the agreement that the crowd seen the replay also(?)...

Even though there are camera's they only act as sensors, there is no need for a view of the goal.

I'm aware of that but as I said in my post... I believe part of agreeance of goal line technology is the crowd must see the decision... As they didn't want a TV audience finding out before the paying public... So I'm guessing we will need a couple of screens... No?

I'm sure in the trial tests for the systems they didn't need screens.

I know they don't for the results... Just seem to recall they were going to show something on screen like they do in cricket... I may be wrong...

Would be sensible to check it via video as well to allow for technological error. I imagine they'll do both (especially in it's first year).

Yeah but does this need to be communicated on tv? Like Sky and BBC do their own replays as it is so I dont think they need anything more. Just "the goal has been given" then those channels can analyse themselves in abreak in play or at half/full time

I know they don't for the results... Just seem to recall they were going to show something on screen like they do in cricket... I may be wrong...

Not heard about it, I doubt it would be mandatory as a lot of stadiums don't have screens.

Guest neesy111

Not heard about it, I doubt it would be mandatory as a lot of stadiums don't have screens.

The cost of the technology is already very high, they won't add screen's on top of that.  I suspect FIFA might want it at the World Cup though.

Guest Roger Kint

Been chosen to host the following games for the RWC in 2015:

South Africa v Scotland (Oct 3)

All Blacks v Tonga (Oct 9)

Samoa v Scotland (Oct 10).

Apparently they budgeted for an average of 60k crowds across the tournament. Good luck getting over 30k for any of those games imo.

Apparently they budgeted for an average of 60k crowds across the tournament. Good luck getting over 30k for any of those games imo.

Depends how they price it. Scotland games will surely be full though, couldn't be any closer.

Some canny games though: Worlds 1 and 2, a well supported team and 2 South Pacific aka exciting teams to watch.

Guest Roger Kint

Depends how they price it. Scotland games will surely be full though, couldn't be any closer.

Some canny games though: Worlds 1 and 2, a well supported team and 2 South Pacific aka exciting teams to watch.

Unless they do something stupid the first should be nigh on sold out. The other two though would have to be very cheap to get many in at all.