St James' Park

Delima

Ashley is a proper evil genius mind.

Whack up his hideous logo, get some free advertising (including on Google Maps), then get paid to remove it.

...whilst making Wonga look like the good guys

he's not daft like.

Its mental really;

Make one decision that annoys the fans...

bring in a sponsor who annoys the fans...

let the sponsor stop the first decision...

leads to both being seen as ok as the 2nd decision is then more justified...

Its like he is a martyr for his own success! :lol:

When you have a Chairman that just panders to the odd whining fans aesthetic sensibilities, you can see now why our commercial revenue figures are so disappointing. ;)

Nah, great move, now how about a lick of paint for the rest of the stadium while your at it. :thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

The whole stadium renaming/rebranding and now this is one big fucking piss take and has been a shambles. Please don't lap Wonga up for this, its all one big gimmick.

The whole stadium renaming/rebranding and now this is one big fucking piss take and has been a shambles. Please don't lap Wonga up for this, its all one big gimmick.

:thup:

Of course it's a fucking gimmick, nobody is stupid enough to 'lap it up' - they're just happy the shite is being removed again, however wanky way around it has happened.

Guest Roger Kint

As none of us are going to get a loan from them ever whats wrong with being pleased just once? Never seen anyone actively look to find a reason to bleat as much as you do. The stadium doesnt look as much of a disgrace, no fucker is lapping anything up man :lol:

Yep, to echo what people have said, its just accepting that it could have been worse. I'd rather have Unicef on the front of the shirt and the stadium not have any branding, and us be making record revenues! However, could be worse. Nothing wrong with acknowledging that :)

tbh I don't think it's anything to do with Wonga, same as I don't think it was them who "renamed" the stadium.

Illuminati!

:lol:

I just don't think they'd pay for stadium rights and do absolutely nothing to brand it. 

tbh I don't think it's anything to do with Wonga, same as I don't think it was them who "renamed" the stadium.

Illuminati!

I just don't think they'd pay for stadium rights and do absolutely nothing to brand it. 

Except they are in the papers all the time and have done their brand no end of good.

Of course it's a fucking gimmick, nobody is stupid enough to 'lap it up' - they're just happy the shite is being removed again, however wanky way around it has happened.

Aye. Would rather they weren't our sponsor but they are. In way one or another the stadium is being tidied up, which I'm relieved about.

Guest Slippery Sam

No matter how much 'good' Wonga do to curry favour with NUFC supporters, I will always feel uncomfortable with the thought that some unfortunate lad/lass on Tyneside could be putting money into the club through no fault of his/her own.  Yes, there are individuals who are absolute cretins who need a good shake when it comes to taking out loans, but there must be a lot of totally innocent folk who have just been really unlucky to have to deal with the hand they have been dealt. 

That SD shite should never have been up there in the first place, mind.

Illuminati!

Except they are in the papers all the time and have done their brand no end of good.

They would have been in the news a hell of a lot more if they called it the wongadome. 

No matter how much 'good' Wonga do to curry favour with NUFC supporters, I will always feel uncomfortable with the thought that some unfortunate lad/lass on Tyneside could be putting money into the club through no fault of his/her own.  Yes, there are individuals who are absolute cretins who need a good shake when it comes to taking out loans, but there must be a lot of totally innocent folk who have just been really unlucky to have to deal with the hand they have been dealt. 

If you're thick enough to take a loan out with Wonga you deserve everything you get.

Guest neesy111

If you're thick enough to take a loan out with Wonga you deserve everything you get.

Sometimes people don't have a choice.

And thickness isn't a matter of choice either.

Exactly, and that is why Wonga do so well.

Personally, I think the sort of interest rates they charge are entirely unacceptable - it is a dressed up form of money sharking as usually practised by criminals - but I feel pity for people who are forced into that situation where they have no option but to use Wonga.

Assigning some sort of fault at those who use them isn't the answer. Regulating and limiting their voracious financial abuse of those people is.

Guest neesy111

Exactly, and that is why Wonga do so well.

Personally, I think the sort of interest rates they charge are entirely unacceptable - it is a dressed up form of money sharking as usually practised by criminals - but I feel pity for people who are forced into that situation where they have no option but to use Wonga.

Assigning some sort of fault at those who use them isn't the answer. Regulating and limiting their voracious financial abuse of those people is.

:thup:

The problem is the the easy availability of credit etc that gets people into these situations in the 1st place.