St James' Park

Delima

38 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

Sure it's been mentioned but what about digging a pitch sized (bore) hole on the town moor and have huge grass banks as stands 100k all standing till new ground is built. Simple and effective.

Call it the bear pit or something, I like it. Geordie colosseum. 

They’ll close a large section of the Gallowgate to allow the extension to take place. Probably for a year. SJP will be an all season ticket ground with reduced away capacity for the duration. 
Fan zones will be introduced in the city to ease discontent. 

5 minutes ago, RS said:

They’ll close a large section of the Gallowgate to allow the extension to take place. Probably for a year. SJP will be an all season ticket ground with reduced away capacity for the duration. 

Are you sure ? Liverpool were able to build around and above their stand which was still in use I think.

2 hours ago, RS said:

They didn't need to close any parts of the Milburn or Leazes when we extended back in 1999/2000 and I reckon building technology has probably advanced these past 20 odd years.

Edited by Wallsendmag

I think I have a solution, Why don’t they just use Kingston park stadium but newintoon that’s not enough capacity, halftime bus the players and ref to Gateshead stadium where the next lot of fans are waiting for the 2nd half, everyone wins

12 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

Might sound even dafter but if they could somehow build a level 8 on the Leazes and Millburn but kept the prices at like a tenner or something I'd be up for it.  

Not sure if you would see the pitch from level 8.  I wouldnt want to be up there. [emoji38]

22 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Fan parks wouldn’t work in the town for home games , as the tv feed/ delay would mean you hear the real crowd roar a few seconds before we score ?? 

Not if it was sent via radio as radio waves are faster than sound waves.

Now there's a mindfuck 

10 hours ago, JonBez comesock said:

Fan parks wouldn’t work in the town for home games , as the tv feed/ delay would mean you hear the real crowd roar a few seconds before we score ?? 

sounds like many moons ago - watching a norwegian feed with radio newcastle commentary