St James' Park

Delima

12 minutes ago, Big River said:

wish the PA bloke would sort his life out. Wor Flags unveiled their display, a loud, organic version of WHO'S THAT TEAM WE CALL YANITED was being belted out. and he just drowns it out with the forced as fuck Hey Jude, and then things went flat. it's like he's on autopilot at this point. needs a kick up the arse :lol:

Pretty sure he has a matchday cut that rolls all of them together in one long track. Blitzkrieg Bop, Hey Jude, O Fortuna, that shite PL anthem and Local Hero. Literally presses play at the right time and he's off on a skive till half time. 

7 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Pretty sure he has a matchday cut that rolls all of them together in one long track. Blitzkrieg Bop, Hey Jude, O Fortuna, that shite PL anthem and Local Hero. Literally presses play at the right time and he's off on a skive till half time. 

Don’t forget his pre- kickoff ‘Enjoy the game’ 

3 hours ago, NE27 said:

Get a singing section sorted again and I think it'll snowball. Ashely done a number on the fans to break up the abuse he was receiving from the singing section and it's been a bit fucked since.

Club maybe need to look at the idea of a mass move come the summer to help get like-minded fans back together.

something the Trust should be leading with?

3 hours ago, pedro111 said:

Imagine the difference if they created a singing section in each stand. Only has to be 2 thousand in each. Would be phenomenal.

It was.

You'd have different areas singing even the same song slightly out of sync with each other and as one area/we finished the punctuated silence at the end would be filled by the Gallowgate and Milburn finishing like an echo.

At least vary up the versions of the Blaydon Races. I'd rather listen to "to see Matt Busby's aces" than the one he uses.

Edited by Wolfcastle

When I lived in Swindon. The ball boys/girls played a game v the opposite teams ball boy/girls 5min a half. Was a belta half time entertainer.

That would go down well here instead of the shitty kick a bucket challenge.

Could even put the mascots in goal 

Edited by Infatuation Junkie

On 26/12/2022 at 12:38, ohmelads said:

For me a move half a mile or whatever is the least bad compromise. I could live with it, but still sounds like a downgrade from keeping St James'.

I don't see why a baseball stadium built in America in 1912 is relevant. That opened three decades after St James'. Are you suggesting Fenway Park has more character and history than St James' Park?

Of course St James' doesn't look like it did in 1880, or in 1990. Neither does your Fenway Park, or any other sports site more than a century old. They've all been rebuilt very recently. St James' location itself is much of its character. Are we talking a 60K SJP vs a 65K or 70K to move site? What kind of difference are we talking here - 5K extra seats between the mooted plans? Genuine question. Acoustics are a moot point because until it's built, we have no idea. A lot of new stadia seem to have crap atmospheres. Look at Arsenal and Tottenham, for example.

Neville and Carracher both commented that Spurs v Arsenal last season was the best atmosphere they'd experienced. Maybe its the fact that season tickets coat £2k thus pricing out many traditional fans that's the real atmosphere killer.

Also got to say the atmosphere at the first few derbies we played at the SoL was absolutely electric and better than anything at Roker Park.

The current design of SJP makes creating an atmosphere more difficult. There's no denying that.

Can't argue with that, and architecturally I agree with what others have said about the current design (I do actually like the brutalist design of the east stand from the outside though, which is completely unpretentious and completely goes against modern stadium design).

It all depends on what you value most and what you are consider a worthy sacrifice. I agree on the acoustics at St James' so yes, that would probably be a win. There's no question it'd be an upgrade architecturally. Aesthetically, that will depend on your view and how much it looks like everyone else's newly built stadia. It'll also depend on location/surrounding area, because that forms part of how a stadium looks. For me, St James' location is part of what makes the club unique. A lot of clubs have had to move but how many had a location like St James', right by the city centre and formed a major part of their city skylines? You'd be giving all that up. Presumably the city skyline would be changed with the stadium no longer visible at all.

Edited by ohmelads

On 02/01/2023 at 17:20, RS said:

I’d ban over 60’s from attending. We must have the highest proportion of these old cunts as part of our fanbase. They are wholly to blame for the crap atmosphere. 

give them free pint tokens for a nearby working mans club and bring an injection of youth to our stadium. 

it would improve both the atmosphere (singing and the smell of stale piss) and the queues for the bogs in one go. 

Spoiler

2294B88B-268B-4E2A-8C34-D49999E072AA.thumb.webp.14e081da7fa1c29e4282850890147342.webp

5 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Aye, need to get rid of that fucker in the box enjoy the game is fucking dreadful, sounds like a fucking old codger and sick of the cunt killing the atmosphere by drowning out the crowd.

He keeps getting the timings wrong aswell, takeover game he stopped playing big river just as the lyrics that the banner said was about to come in, Chelsea game no one knew when the minutes applause/silence was meant to be.

"Enjoy the game" is cringey as.

Stop playing Hey

Jude and start playing Alan Price version of Blaydon Races instead of the current shit version of it.

43 minutes ago, little6tears said:

He keeps getting the timings wrong aswell, takeover game he stopped playing big river just as the lyrics that the banner said was about to come in, Chelsea game no one knew when the minutes applause/silence was meant to be.

"Enjoy the game" is cringey as.

Stop playing Hey

Jude and start playing Alan Price version of Blaydon Races instead of the current shit version of it.

I like that. Find it comforting. A bit like ‘Let’s be careful out there’ from Hill Street Blues. But that probs gives away my ‘old codger’ status 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I'm sure this has been asked, but anyone know how many ST holders there are?

I'm sure someone said it was around 42-43k under Benitez?  

Does sound quite high, though.

Edited by Lush Vlad

8 minutes ago, Decky said:

What's it like buying tickets as a member these days? Shitshow is it? 

Everyone I know seems to get them easy enough as long as your prepared to be set up online soon as they come out