St James' Park

Delima

15 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Personally I’d close the turnstiles and concourse 20/30mins before KO and get people into the ground and their seats earlier to build up the atmosphere. Another lost beauty of terracing was crowds gathering earlier to get a decent spot and the likeminded fans together in larger groups slowly building up the atmosphere. Too many people turning up last minute to the ground and others just mulling around putting bets on or buying food & drinks minutes before KO.

The other issue which you can’t do anything about as inclusion is important is the amount of families going. Too many kids or wife’s and girlfriends  (particularly cup games) not that emotionally invested. 

On the other side of the argument you could say Man City at home this season was as good an atmosphere as there’s been at SJP.

i really don't get the food and drink shite, it's only 15 mins and people spend the whole 15 mins in a fuckin queue. Even worse people getting up on 35-40 mins and going...it isn't exactly difficult to get some scran in town. Half time should be time for reflection and a bit natter about what went well/wrong during the half

20 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I'd just limit the size of the family enclosure in L7. Seems a bit daft that you have to be 13-17 year old or with a kid to sit up there. Make the corner around to the away fans general sale. 

Especially when there seems to be around 100 or more single tickets for this area each game that can only be sold to them and not an adult as no two seats together. Leeds technically didn’t sell out until day of game yet there were loads of older fans desperate to buy tickets for the game.

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Especially when there seems to be around 100 or more single tickets for this area each game that can only be sold to them and not an adult as no two seats together. Leeds technically didn’t sell out until day of game yet there were loads of older fans desperate to buy tickets for the game.

It served a purpose when Ashley just wanted to fill the ground, but the size of the family enclosure is ridiculous in the current circumstances and certainly does nothing for atmosphere. Turn the corner over to 16 to 21 year olds next to the away fans all standing, that’ll liven the place up.

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

It served a purpose when Ashley just wanted to fill the ground, but the size of the family enclosure is ridiculous in the current circumstances and certainly does nothing for atmosphere. Turn the corner over to 16 to 21 year olds next to the away fans all standing, that’ll liven the place up.

Go a step further and only allow access on the day if they can actively fail a cocaine test 🙂

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Personally I’d close the turnstiles and concourse 20/30mins before KO and get people into the ground and their seats earlier to build up the atmosphere. Another lost beauty of terracing was crowds gathering earlier to get a decent spot and the likeminded fans together in larger groups slowly building up the atmosphere. Too many people turning up last minute to the ground and others just mulling around putting bets on or buying food & drinks minutes before KO.

The other issue which you can’t do anything about as inclusion is important is the amount of families going. Too many kids or wife’s and girlfriends  (particularly cup games) not that emotionally invested. 

On the other side of the argument you could say Man City at home this season was as good an atmosphere as there’s been at SJP.

All valid points like. End of the day, SJP is rocking when there's a big game on or excitement around the place or the rush of a feelgood factor. 5:30 kickoff also seem louder (can't think why 😉) so I'm not having it that when the atmosphere is crap it's because of the stadium design.

Also, I'm not convinced that the design of L7 drives the acoustics away from the ground. Sirting in the Gallowgate itnseems like the large roof is like a massive amplifier bouncing sound down, especially in the corner. Remember Partizan brought about 30 fans for the CL qualifier in 2003 but sounded like 3,000 and comfortably outsang the rest of the ground. Like others have said, when there was a singing section up there in 2009/10 it was heard loud and clear in the Gallowgate.

I’ve never understood why fans would wait in huge lines for some overpriced shitty food and pissy drink when surely you can get a decent bit of grub and a few pints before the match, be capable of waiting at least 90s mins for some food and drink, can bring food into the stadium and even sneak drink in which I’ve done many a time and most of my mates who still go, do as well. 

2 minutes ago, King HTT III said:

I’ve never understood why fans would wait in huge lines for some overpriced shitty food and pissy drink when surely you can get a decent bit of grub and a few pints before the match, be capable of waiting at least 90s mins for some food and drink, can bring food into the stadium and even sneak drink in which I’ve done many a time and most of my mates who still go, do as well. 

Was it Germany that wanted to increase the half-time break from 15 to 20 minutes to help increase revenue? Don't think at the top level it should be done, but lower down the ladder if some reckon they could get an extra few quid by the matches restarting 5 minutes later I think it could be beneficial.

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Was it Germany that wanted to increase the half-time break from 15 to 20 minutes to help increase revenue? Don't think at the top level it should be done, but lower down the ladder if some reckon they could get an extra few quid by the matches restarting 5 minutes later I think it could be beneficial.

Dunno, I get people needing a piss and to stretch their legs, but again why anyone would wait in huge lines for a pint of overpriced piss and some skanky food is beyond me! Whenever I’ve been recently which is about 5 matches in a few years, I have a can/whiskey at home, a pint or two on the way as I live near a pub where the bus stop is right outside and some scran at the burger van outside the stadium, and maybe a quick half-time piss and that’s it.

Edited by King HTT III

4 hours ago, LFEE said:

Yeah, for everything that the consortium has done right, you have to say the 1 thing they have done wrong is largely carry across the ticketing from Ashley.

Ok they have reduced the family size area, but there is no reason why it still should be so big, especially when so many fans are locked out.

The way it means points are needed for pretty much any away game without giving anyone else a chance to gain points is also a problem.

The whole points thing only works for the 1st 10-15 years, in which case the away fans have just gained unattainable amounts of points. You literally have a case now where there are fans who haven’t went to away games for the best part of 10 years or so, who are now going to away games because they have so many accumulated points before they stopped going and because when they did stop going, they bought the tickets in anyway and sold them on.

The fact that those who gave up their season tickets when Rafa left, Amanda’s previous takeover attempts collapsed, and generally under Ashley were not given the chance to go back ahead of anyone else waiting for season tickets is also a sore point. It’s also especially  sore when you consider that those fans were largely the ones talking to hers and other takeover groups.

4 hours ago, Mr Pups said:

i really don't get the food and drink shite, it's only 15 mins and people spend the whole 15 mins in a fuckin queue. Even worse people getting up on 35-40 mins and going...it isn't exactly difficult to get some scran in town. Half time should be time for reflection and a bit natter about what went well/wrong during the half

Agree. For all this talk of improving the catering and drink offering in the ground to improve the 'matchday experience' I'd honestly much prefer it if they just didn't offer anything at all. Nowt more annoying at footy than people wandering aimlessly back and forth from their seats rather than watching the fucking match. 

Love pies and a Bovril at a non league match because it's part of the experience and you're not irritating anybody. But I just never bother at SJP. Like you say there's so many places to eat and drink before and after that negates any need.

5 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I'd just limit the size of the family enclosure in L7. Seems a bit daft that you have to be 13-17 year old or with a kid to sit up there. Make the corner around to the away fans general sale. 

That's going to happen naturally over time anyway. Girl 2 got her ticket at 7yrs. Think this is the last year and she's 19. Can't see them kicking people out when they get too old after halving STs for a minimum 12yrs in her case. There are very few kids up there now anyway.

5 hours ago, cubaricho said:

There are some old cranky mother fuckers in this thread man jesus. :lol: 

Get rid of food and drink in the stadium and close the gates 20 minutes before kick off ffs. :lol: 

And kill anyone over 60. Don't forget that one 😉

Get a singing section sorted again and I think it'll snowball. Ashely done a number on the fans to break up the abuse he was receiving from the singing section and it's been a bit fucked since.

Club maybe need to look at the idea of a mass move come the summer to help get like-minded fans back together.

14 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Get a singing section sorted again and I think it'll snowball. Ashely done a number on the fans to break up the abuse he was receiving from the singing section and it's been a bit fucked since.

Club maybe need to look at the idea of a mass move come the summer to help get like-minded fans back together.

You would think any new safe standing section would be the catalyst for this.

Will undoubtedly be hell on when it’s introduction means people have to move, but a discount on their ST’s for a year or two, or something of that ilk, should pacify things to a degree.

3 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

And kill anyone over 60. Don't forget that one 😉

Basically an extended Logans Run for the match going crowd. Mass cull of the East Stand moaning mingebags incoming…

1 hour ago, NE27 said:

Any singing section has to come with stewards armed with batons and high voltage cattle prods who have the permission to wade in at the first signs of "stand up if you love the toon" or "your support is fucking shit".

wish the PA bloke would sort his life out. Wor Flags unveiled their display, a loud, organic version of WHO'S THAT TEAM WE CALL YANITED was being belted out. and he just drowns it out with the forced as fuck Hey Jude, and then things went flat. it's like he's on autopilot at this point. needs a kick up the arse :lol: