St James' Park

Delima

The new "stack" fanzone and a lick of paint around the stadium will be a stop gap until the new one is built, possibly on the old arena site, with the old ground flattened for student accommodation. 

I'm guessing this is what the feasibility study will come back with, cost will outweigh any benefit to expand, and plans will be published, with the metro extension also given the go ahead.

The council will be onboard due to how much will be invested in the city, and local business will also get behind it.

It genuinely turns my stomach to think of moving from SJP like. It even turns my stomach reading people saying they'd be up for it.

Us playing at SJP is so engrained into what supporting the club means to me and it's one of those things where I find it nigh on impossible to get my head around anyone thinking differently. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It genuinely turns my stomach to think of moving from SJP like. It even turns my stomach reading people saying they'd be up for it.

Us playing at SJP is so engrained into what supporting the club means to me and it's one of those things where I find it nigh on impossible to get my head around anyone thinking differently. 

Just as well it won’t happen 

If there ambition is what it's supposed to be, I do think it's when and not if like.

I would just about be able to stomach it if they did something special with the arena site. 

Anywhere out of the city centre and it's a complete soul crushing disaster that I want no part of.

Pretty sure Bobby had something to say on this one…’it’s not the building’ and all that.

If a new stadium allows us to charge corporate through the nose while keeping the prices reasonable for the radgies then that’s just one more reason for me to think we go for it.

As I made sure I said when I completed the survey; the number one factor for a new stadium has to be atmosphere. Get the atmosphere right then get everything else sorted and it’ll be worth the move to Leazes park.

The fact that they bought back the Gallowgate land is another indicator of their intention to build/rebuild a stadium pretty near to where the current one is. NUFC are not leaving the city centre, people need to calm down with regards to that.

3 hours ago, SteV said:

I’m not surprised tbh.

Being a ‘fan representative’ of whatever description, be it on the Trust, the Supporters Club, or whatever, inevitably ends up in other supporters questioning/abusing you one way or another.

We’ve seen it repeatedly with regard to the Trust. OK, maybe some of them have question marks over certain issues, but there’s a definite ’guilty by association’ that gets thrown around, obviously mainly driven by social media.

Whilst I have total respect for people like Greg, who are clearly just fans trying to do what they can to help the club, and fans of the club, you couldn’t pay me to get involved in all that.

ive applied... so i hope not

My thoughts on Survey and stadium are below as its a big big part of our future

Survey a bit arduous but i gave honest answers,

would i like a sky box or a loge (?) box? too fucking right i would but i cant afford one, however there are some that can and if i still get my seat im happy

going through the survey, having been to Dortmund this season and places like spurs ground and the emirates etc my personal opinion is theres only 2 options and only 1 to me that will potentially keep everyone happyish

option 1 - ive said this before, knock SJP down stand by stand and rebuild - will take a long time with a lot of disruption

option 2 - do whatever it takes to build a brand new fucking super stadium on castle leazes, leazes park or whatver its called while staying at SJP in the years it takes to build. Dismantle SJP and make it into a training ground, smaller stadium for the reserves and lasses and have it as a fan park on match days if you can

Ive been a season ticket holder for 34 years this year. when i first started going only the upper milburn and east stand were seating, the ground has changed dramatically and some people need to realise that i think we have reached our limit on the current site, will i be emotional if and when we leave, definitely. Will i realise its to take my club on to the next level and provide an amazing future for the club long after ive lost my faculties and my ashes are in the remembrance garden -  Definitely. And once people make peace with that they will come round. 

For me it has to be on the Leazes area though, still close to city centre, you could even call it the Aramco Leazes park if you wish for another 100 million sponsorship money.

i will still go to the city centre with my mates before/after the game, i will still sing my heart out but im starting to think the time has come to do that in a new arena fit for where we want to be competing

If I lived locally I’d happily pay £1k for a season ticket, I get it’s a lot of money but it works out about £52 per PL match. 

people will pay anywhere from £40-£100+ for a music gig which is roughly the same amount of time so I don’t think it’s too scandalous.

Edit: we will also be watching much better football and much better players. 

Edited by NWMag

15 minutes ago, NWMag said:

If I lived locally I’d happily pay £1k for a season ticket, I get it’s a lot of money but it works out about £52 per PL match. 

people will pay anywhere from £40-£100+ for a music gig which is roughly the same amount of time so I don’t think it’s too scandalous.

A gig is usually a one off thing so cant really compare it to that. I think you're right on the £1K ST's though, if you're a member this season and have success in every ballot you probably hit the £1K mark. 

19 minutes ago, NWMag said:

I would snap your hand off, but of course I know many people can't afford that. 

3 hours ago, Wandy said:

I think we are going to have to accept that a standard season ticket anywhere in a redeveloped stadium will be £1k per year tbh.

I had a look at Man City's season ticket prices. Adults are £285 in the family section, £185 for 18-21 year olds and £65 for U18s.

Behind the other goal they start from £225 for adults and £110 for U18s.

Even seats along the side are reasonable, ranging from £360 up to £620 for adults and £115 to £200 for U18s.

This is to watch the best team in World football. Success doesn't necessarily have to come at a price*

*Although maybe that's why they've had to cheat FFP :lol:

Don’t think it’s unreasonable to argue for inflation only increases in STs and other general tickets, while accepting an increase in corporate options. Assuming it’s a new stadium. Certainly more likely than arguing that nothing should change. 

Edited by JJ7

15 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

I had a look at Man City's season ticket prices. Adults are £285 in the family section, £185 for 18-21 year olds and £65 for U18s.

Behind the other goal they start from £225 for adults and £110 for U18s.

Even seats along the side are reasonable, ranging from £360 up to £620 for adults and £115 to £200 for U18s.

This is to watch the best team in World football. Success doesn't necessarily have to come at a price*

*Although maybe that's why they've had to cheat FFP :lol:

But they have a tunnel club, multiple corporate clubs and areas and sponsorships that enable them to keep those ticket prices low.

They wouldnt have been able to do that at Maine Road and i would hope that if we had some oil billiionaire paying 100k for a box at our stadium then it would mean my tickets would stay around the same price it is now.

BUT we cant ever expect that without a massive revamp of our stadium or a completely new stadium that is configured with all of the above in mind and tbh im leaning more and more towards that

Edited by Cookie1892

Those Man City ticket prices are wild given how good the team is 

Is it a factor that they didn’t have to recoup the costs of building the stadium as it was paid for by the council / Sport England and is just leased ? 

I don’t know how the economics of that leasing arrangement work with Manchester Council 

And obviously the big premium they can charge for corporate boxes etc could allow them to keep standard ticket prices lower 

Edited by bobbydazzla

4 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

We're on the crest of a wave at the moment. Absolutely everyone wants to be a part of it at the minute. That won't last forever though, eventually apathy will set in and there'll be less demand. 

The whole project could go tits up in a few years for all we know, and we’re stuck in a 70k stadium in the SilverLink watching shite football with a ruined cultural heritage.

2 hours ago, Cookie1892 said:

ive applied... so i hope not

My thoughts on Survey and stadium are below as its a big big part of our future

Survey a bit arduous but i gave honest answers,

would i like a sky box or a loge (?) box? too fucking right i would but i cant afford one, however there are some that can and if i still get my seat im happy

going through the survey, having been to Dortmund this season and places like spurs ground and the emirates etc my personal opinion is theres only 2 options and only 1 to me that will potentially keep everyone happyish

option 1 - ive said this before, knock SJP down stand by stand and rebuild - will take a long time with a lot of disruption

option 2 - do whatever it takes to build a brand new fucking super stadium on castle leazes, leazes park or whatver its called while staying at SJP in the years it takes to build. Dismantle SJP and make it into a training ground, smaller stadium for the reserves and lasses and have it as a fan park on match days if you can

Ive been a season ticket holder for 34 years this year. when i first started going only the upper milburn and east stand were seating, the ground has changed dramatically and some people need to realise that i think we have reached our limit on the current site, will i be emotional if and when we leave, definitely. Will i realise its to take my club on to the next level and provide an amazing future for the club long after ive lost my faculties and my ashes are in the remembrance garden -  Definitely. And once people make peace with that they will come round. 

For me it has to be on the Leazes area though, still close to city centre, you could even call it the Aramco Leazes park if you wish for another 100 million sponsorship money.

i will still go to the city centre with my mates before/after the game, i will still sing my heart out but im starting to think the time has come to do that in a new arena fit for where we want to be competing

It’s a fair point about how the stadium has changed. It changed constantly until 2002 (roughly! I can’t remember when everything got built!

Many fans will remember the gallowgate stand going up and the leaves end being rebuilt twice. It’s only been the same the last 20 years.

However a lot of new stadia do go wrong, even commercially successful ones like the emirates and Wembley are total failures for atmosphere and experience