St James' Park

Delima

4 minutes ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

Was there not talk of a brand new ground for Gateshead a few years back, I'm sure the location  was stated up near the council headquarters 

Yes there was, I think it was next to that bowling club from memory, the old cricket ground. 

36 minutes ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

Was there not talk of a brand new ground for Gateshead a few years back, I'm sure the location  was stated up near the council headquarters 

Talk of a new 7,000 capacity stadium here, from a few years ago. If they ever made it back to the Football League surely they couldn't stay where they are.

https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/conference/conference-north/gateshead-international-stadium.html

Watching a game at the GIS is an absolutely appalling experience. They desperately need a new one, but I imagine they’ve got a decent deal from the council so they’d need a very good reason to move.

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

You get used to it, at least in the main stand. Sod ever having to sit behind one of the goals though.

Be a nightmare to get to/from as well. Imagine the metro queues 

Imagine it.

2025/26 season, Newcastle are playing home games at Sunderland while their own ground is redeveloped.

Newcastle are then drawn to play at home against Sunderland in the FA cup...

2 hours ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

Yes was all planned but the land owner started playing funny buggers with the price at the 11th hour and it fell through iirc.

9 minutes ago, Crayola Kid said:

Imagine it.

2025/26 season, Newcastle are playing home games at Sunderland while their own ground is redeveloped.

Newcastle are then drawn to play at home against Sunderland in the FA cup...

would we give them the black cats bar for it? :lol:

just crack on and build a new stadium.

SJP cant really be expanded massively including adding loads of corporate boxes, and there's no where to go for a year or two whilst its being renovated.

we're just wasting time and money.

26 minutes ago, Crayola Kid said:

Northumbria Police restrict them to 3.5k in the upper tier.  Hell on

be unbelievable that

the fewm would be off the fewmometer scale

4 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

You get used to it, at least in the main stand. Sod ever having to sit behind one of the goals though.

Agree it's not as bad as cracked up to be. Find a decent seat halfway up the main stand and it's fine tbh.

7 hours ago, frankpingel said:

Yes there was, I think it was next to that bowling club from memory, the old cricket ground. 

Yes the old north Durham cricket ground. Newcastle rangers played their first season there in 1879/80. Quite a few of their best players signed for east end/Newcastle United when they went bust, the rest is history

I’ve just been watching a Stunttpeg YouTube video and she’s at Minnesota United who have a club shop in their stadium.

Nothing unusual there you may add?

Nah man, it’s at the back of the stand, like saying you are at row ZZ in the Gallowgate and right behind you is a convenience store sized club store behind you. 

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

As much as it’d be hilarious, I’m not sure I’d want NUFC to play a home fixture in that horrible city. 

I mean, maybe a decent place for a pre-season friendly.

On 12/04/2024 at 12:00, christ said:

Watching a game at the GIS is an absolutely appalling experience. They desperately need a new one, but I imagine they’ve got a decent deal from the council so they’d need a very good reason to move.

I have many great memories of Darren huckerby scoring for the reserves there mind 

Stumbled on this video and thought it was quite interesting.

Skip to 18:40 if you just want to see their league table and ignore the waffle

Edited by Arknor

That can't be accurate. The people on here who would winge about SJP and its lack of atmosphere after we beat Man City 15-0 assured me that no one likes it here and that they were speaking for the majority.