St James' Park

Delima

The claim that it's in order to attract interest in someone else buying the naming rights is shite of the highest order,naming rights aren't a difficult concept to grasp and don't have to be demonstrated. He bought the club for advertising purposes and is merely following through with the original plan.

Awful,just bloody awful.

I think it's probably less to do with demonstrating the idea and more to do with taking the sting out of any fan backlash. By the time next season comes around and we have the "bluechip sponsor" the club say they're looking for they wont face any negative publicity because we'll just be glad to be rid of Sports fucking Direct.

Those using man utd as a club that don't have a stadium name

They get more for their training gear than we do for our strip

Perspective

It's deluded. We haven't got the history and prestige Liverpool and Man Utd have. Let's moan about tradition when we've got a few European cups and 19 league titles under our belt.

Where's the furious anger about the Leazes and Gallowgate renaming? Just griping about nothing.

The tradition of the stadium doesn't come down to trophy's you fucking clown.

Guest bimpy474

Fuck it. I'd let Mike Ashley do me up the dirtbox if it meant an extra £20 in the transfer kitty.

Who we going to buy for £20 quid you cheap slut :D

Hey, every little helps. If we're gonna prostitute ourselves we might as well do it properly.

I'll do you for a tenner, bet your more attractive than the warthog that resides in my bedroom anyway.....

Perspective

It's deluded. We haven't got the history and prestige Liverpool and Man Utd have. Let's moan about tradition when we've got a few European cups and 19 league titles under our belt.

Where's the furious anger about the Leazes and Gallowgate renaming? Just griping about nothing.

FWIW I would propose that Newcastle Brown Ale and Sir John Hall have slightly more relevence to the stadium and the city than Sports Direct.

Mike's put more into the club than that Tory boy ever did.

Guest bimpy474

Perspective

FWIW I would propose that Newcastle Brown Ale and Sir John Hall have slightly more relevence to the stadium and the city than Sports Direct.

Mike's put more into the club than that Tory boy ever did.

Oi no politics mush :D

Guest sicko2ndbest

It's a clever move

Any perspective sponsor would not want the bad publicity of renaming SJP

However

To rename SDA with the adidas arena or the budweiser bowl would be a positive step

(shit names but that's not the point)

Btw this dosnt bother me at all. We need to compete end of!

What will really, really, reaaally tip me over the edge is if they take down that 'St. James Park' writing on the wall outside the Milburn reception.

'If'. :yao:

That'll be right where the new name goes.

It's a clever move

However

To rename SDA with the adidas arena or the budweiser bowl would be a positive step

(s*** names but that's not the point)

Idiotic views.

It's a clever move

However

(s*** names but that's not the point)

more than likely more free publicity for his fucking shit shop full of thick as fuck greasy overweight staff selling rags that any fucker with half a brain wouldn't fucking touch.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg615/scaled.php?tn=0&server=615&filename=w3bgv.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Anyone know how I could contact these clowns? I have a mutually beneficial task for them.

another sad example of the way football is going and this isn't even a Mike Ashley thing, NUFC may be the first to do this but you can bet it won't be the last

Bet you it will.

Tottenham have already been looking into this, as that Times article alluded to, my boss is a Spurs fan and they think its coming.

Chelsea have got a deal lined up for next year too haven't they?

They have because owners aren't allowed to sink money in anymore come the new fair play rules, its why Man.City get £400m a year for their stadium, thats cheating to me but, not sure of the figures but you have to generate a certain percentage of turnover to cover wages/cost etc.

They don't get £400M a year for the stadium :lol:  They're getting £400m over 10 years in a combined deal that covers their stadium, shirts and a sports complex next to the ground.

“We are not disrespecting the history or heritage or the fans."

Could have fooled me like.

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/nechronical/oct2009/5/3/st-james-s-park-377261774.jpg

http://www.aussiemags.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/St-James-Park1.jpg

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/e8/c9/0,,10278~9030120,00.jpg

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/b6/cc/0,,10278~9030838,00.jpg

Can't believe some people are just shrugging this off. It's a piece of history and Ashley is pissing all over it.

All because it'll add a couple more imaginary quid to an imaginary transfer kitty. Makes you sick.

Sports Direct might just be the start. It could be the fucking B&Q DIY Made Easy Arena next year. Having said that, I guarantee it'd be the bloody Virgin Arena.

I think it'll still be Sports Direct. Think of the free advertising Ashley is getting. They are talking about a £15 million a year package, that's a package Ashley get's for nothing.