St James' Park

Delima

1 minute ago, Jackie Broon said:

That isn't true at all.

Do you honestly think we're going to be able to build on Leazes Park without ending up with someone or various organisations seeking a judicial review? 

10 minutes ago, stozo said:

Do you honestly think we're going to be able to build on Leazes Park without ending up with someone or various organisations seeking a judicial review? 

Dawn Howe (aka the new Dolly Potter) will be outside the Bridges every Saturday collecting signatures.

1 hour ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Sad to say, but a new stadium elsewhere is probably not for us, it's for the next generation who probably couldn't give a fuck about sentiment. Like what most of us probably feel about Heaton junction at chillingham road.

I must admit, I rather sit in the town in a bar and watch the match rather than gan to some shite on the outskirts, but I understand that's not everyone's opinion. 

PIF won’t pay twice.

Do fans have a say so ? A casting vote ? A veto ? 

Imagine if the club wants / needs to move but the current fanbase says no and then PIF decide to walk away citing lack of ambition on the fans part ? 

2 minutes ago, DiddyLevine said:

Do fans have a say so ? A casting vote ? A veto ? 

Imagine if the club wants / needs to move but the current fanbase says no and then PIF decide to walk away citing lack of ambition on the fans part ? 

No, they won't have a casting vote - the support doesn't own the club

If they've worked out our support by this point, they'll know that they'll grumble a bit and do absolutely nothing about it.

37 minutes ago, stozo said:

It depends on what is proposed but yes, probably. Who is going to bring a challenge? Do you think the Friends of Leazes Park have a spare £20k+ lying around? I doubt Historic England would either for Grade II park, unless it's complete destruction of the park. And there would also need to actually be a point of law to bring a challenge on, a decision can't just be challenged because someone doesn't agree with it. 

Edited by Jackie Broon

https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&search_query=tyneside+life

Not a fan but useful for fans outside the region to see what area they’re talking about.

Think his conclusion is wrong based on a couple of questions he’s put to Urban Green, but interesting line about the club buying the Sky Offices at Strawberry Place.

Edited by Whitley mag

5 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Not a fan but useful for fans outside the region to see what area they’re talking about.

Think his conclusion is wrong based on a couple of questions he’s put to Urban Green, but interesting line about the club buying the Sky Offices at Strawberry Place.

Leazes - sorry, 'Leezers' - Park is nice, and there should be as little encroachment as possible if a proposed ground was to go there.  And the land currently occupied by SJP should be converted to an extension for the park.

14 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Hes a whopper . Bangs on about Leazes Park but most fans if they had a choice would plump for Castle Leazes 

Watched that ten min parcel of shite from Eddie Leezers.  Right load of bollocks, the man makes huge leaps from very little.  The idea that a replacement area +10% would be impossible to find etc.  Total shite.  Besides, if the club were to build on Castle Leazes, it wouldn't require the entire demolition of the existing park - Eddie Leezers seems to think it'll be plonked right in the middle of the lake ...

1 minute ago, DiddyLevine said:

Hes a whopper . Bangs on about Leazes Park but most fans if they had a choice would plump for Castle Leazes 

100% - I'd say he's strawmanning, but he's not that smart.  He takes a bunch of assumptions and guesses and makes confident statements - just look at his replies to comments under that video.  He doesn't understand construction or council planning whatsoever.  Why would NUFC approach Urban Green - and even if they did, why would the club not issue NDAs?  He thinks that if Eddie Leezers comes knocking, they'll have to give up the facts.  The man's ego is unreal.

I am just guessing here and I have no idea about it, but is there any kind of connection between the decision to push the stadium decision to early 2025 while waiting for the result of the Man City 115 case? Again, I have zero if there are any connections or sense to it.

3 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

I am just guessing here and I have no idea about it, but is there any kind of connection between the decision to push the stadium decision to early 2025 while waiting for the result of the Man City 115 case? Again, I have zero if there are any connections or sense to it.

No, I don’t think so. That matter has nothing to do with our stadium plans. 

3 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Think his conclusion is wrong based on a couple of questions he’s put to Urban Green,

They don't own anything so he'd be asking the wrong people.

they just lease the parks and might not have the leases much longer

Newcastle City Council mounted a £50,000 review into its future to determine whether UGN could continue operating or if the parks should be managed another way, for example with control returning to the council itself.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c3d9717ee0yo