St James' Park

Delima

Sheeran is playing next year at St James.  :anguish:

Exploiting additional revenue streams and getting these events at SJP and not the SoL can only be a good thing.

If it's organised anything like the Kings of Leon concert a few years, we won't be getting any back anytime soon.  Was an absolute shambles compared to concerts at the SoL.

What happened at KOL? Who did you go to see at the SOL?

Exploiting additional revenue streams and getting these events at SJP and not the SoL can only be a good thing.

This - the ginger will sell out easily too so kerching all round!

What you on about? I couldn't sell out my own front room. Have you heard me sing?

What you on about? I couldn't sell out my own front room. Have you heard me sing?

Ha ha ha! I've heard your voice at the match and it is truly beautiful!

For the stadium tours, anyone know what age range the 'childrens' ticket category is? Typically cant see it anywhere on the website. Got a 20 month old, wondering if i'll have to pay for her.

Guest chopey

For the stadium tours, anyone know what age range the 'childrens' ticket category is? Typically cant see it anywhere on the website. Got a 20 month old, wondering if i'll have to pay for her.

I'll be amazed if you'll have to pay for her, might be an idea to change her nappy on Ashleys seat tho.

I'll be amazed if you'll have to pay for her, might be an idea to change her nappy on Ashleys seat tho.

haha

Yeah I wouldn't expect to pay for her either, but this is Fat Cashleys NUFC...

Guest chopey

haha

Yeah I wouldn't expect to pay for her either, but this is Fat Cashleys NUFC...

TBF the Newcastle stadium tour is the cheapest and best I've been on

One of the reasons we don't many gigs at St James is that we have the Metro Radio Arena for that, it's a much better place to see bands than a football stadium tbh.

One of the reasons we don't many gigs at St James is that we have the Metro Radio Arena for that, it's a much better place to see bands than a football stadium tbh.

Not sure about that like, the acoustics are horrendous at the arena.

Not sure about that like, the acoustics are horrendous at the arena.

Absofuckinglutely! The sage is an amazing venue acoustically, and the city hall is probably better haha

Good, it's about time. Last season some woman picking up her kids from the match just drove into a few people, not at speed and I don't think anyone was hurt, but it just shows how easily something could happen. Since the Olympics a few roads round there have bollards, they are only use for the Rugby matches though. Trouble is even if they were closed and someone wanted to committee a terrorist attack then they can still come up via Gallowgate road, and through the carpark and next to the Strawberry. If they do it though then maybe the club could start looking at creating fan zones outside the ground?

And there is also the issue of Newcastle being reluctant to set a precedent that may cause problems for the other 91 football clubs in England.

eh?

"aye fuck the safety of our fans and residents, don't wanna go upsetting Rochdale now do we?"

Guest neesy111

And there is also the issue of Newcastle being reluctant to set a precedent that may cause problems for the other 91 football clubs in England.

eh?

"aye fuck the safety of our fans and residents, don't wanna go upsetting Rochdale now do we?"

That makes no sense, other clubs shut off roads around their grounds for safety purposes.  Issue with St James' as well is that it has to feed straight into the city centre as well.

The back of the Gallowgate should have been closed to traffic for a short period post match years ago to prevent the farcical scenes that occur every game.

It used to be - no idea why they stopped doing it!