St James' Park

Delima

10 minutes ago, TomYam said:

I vote for you and gjohnson to become the leaders of our newly named city of Newcastle upon Nothing But Football. We should demolish every listed building, outlaw Conservation Areas, concrete over every park and replace them with football pitches, sports bars and car parks.

What's the big deal ganing higher

The studens couldn't give a fuck.

Will it spoil their views ? 

Fuck Leazes tce 99% of wor supporters 

Aren't interested in conservation listed buildings carry on.

4 minutes ago, Nun tumblers said:

Let me respectfully suggest that 100% of those that love the city of Newcastle upon Tyne care very much about the preservation of its heritage and advancement of its economy.

10 minutes ago, Nun tumblers said:

Count me out of your 99%

Leazes Terrace gets all the headlines, but surely if we want to sufficiently expand the East Stand and the corner, its gonna need the buildings on the west side of St James' Street and the return block on Terrace place to be flattened too? 

It looks like the only way around all of this is to use SJP for games other than the first team and build somewhere else close by, although that in it's own right would be a challenge I'm sure. 

Edited by OverThere

Just buy everything on Barrack Rd, student flats, business school etc. and promise to build them replacement state of the art facilities elsewhere in the city. Move the pitch across and free up space to develop the East Stand. Re-route traffic etc.

Guest HTT II
49 minutes ago, Ameritoon said:

Could Leazes Terrace feasibly leave the atmosphere?

It would take hundreds and billions of years

Guest HTT II

I love my city more than my club, thankfully the two go together and it would be a sad day to demolish Leazes Terrace just for SJP and indeed a sad day to relocate the stadium outside of the city. 

3 hours ago, number37 said:

Do we even need the East Stand? I imagine Wor Flags have already had a logistical nightmare printing out ten thousand leaflets in size 50 font explaining how to use the flags at the weekend (and apologising for disturbing their nap). ;)

Not biting, ah sod it I will.

Remember the first time the big flags got around the whole ground against Liverpool? Got f*cked up in the Gallowgate end and ripped.

Watched on from my East Stand seat in horror thinking 'amateurs! did they learn nothing from gawking at us in envy for a year with the big flag?"

Edited by Wolfcastle

Guest HTT II
2 hours ago, manorpark said:

Bland? What a weird thing to even think, let alone to actually write . . . 

Leazes_Terrace_-_Grade_1_Listed(1).jpg?w

It’s a beautiful Terrace and as someone who loves architecture it’s quite stunning.

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Do you love all architecture?

I don’t no, but even ugly buildings or designs or those that are deemed ugly, can still be interesting and amazing in so many ways, architecture is very much like art in that it’s subjective that’s why I love it. There are parts of Newcastle I would demolish tomorrow, but we have to preserve, maintain and try and maximise from the beauty and grandness of buildings like Leazes Terrace. It was built in the early 1800s and we simply cannot lose such architecture, ever. Not for no football stadium which is simply a leisure activity basically. 

7 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Do you love all architecture?

Not sure if you were asking me, or HTT II, but to answer your question, I do not love ALL architecture as so much of it (old and new) is sub-standard, but I do love all "High Quality Architecture Old and New", and we have a lot of that in our elegant City Centre.

Guest HTT II

Leazes Terrace is a symbol of our City, of its past, of it status at that period, and of course today. 

Guest HTT II
26 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Tomorrow looks like it could be a good one.

Why, are they draping a huge banner over Leazes Terrace to block out the sunlight on the student cunts?

2 hours ago, manorpark said:

Not sure if you were asking me, or HTT II, but to answer your question, I do not love ALL architecture as so much of it (old and new) is sub-standard, but I do love all "High Quality Architecture Old and New", and we have a lot of that in our elegant City Centre.

That's how I feel. Some buildings I dislike intensely because I feel they defile the city due to them being architecturally substandard AND in negatively impacting the immediate environment. In Newcastle, examples would include Stanegate House (Groat Market) and CU bldg (Pilgrim St). I'm tempted to include the East Stand too although the my love of the club stops me.

1 hour ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

What's the minimum pitch width requirement? Could it be feasible to knock through all internal walls and play in Leazes Terrace?

I think we should knock up some plans and present them to Amanda.

24 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

I think we should knock up some plans and present them to Amanda.

By 'present' do you mean set up a Youtube channel where we first document our idea, intermittently spread some bullshit about Dan Burn killing Jacob Murphy's cat and then film ourselves waiting outside her house for a full 24 hours before throwing a homemade blueprint in her face as she does the school run?

I'm all down for that.