St James' Park

Delima

• 3 weeks later...
Guest HTT II

My boy has just had his team’s presentation there and the difference from 4 years ago is massive, a proper bar, hot food, new carpets, new tables, a lick of paint, proper TV screens, more staff, decent entertainment, a big welcome and just an all round classy morning/afternoon. The last time we had one the carpets were stained, the tables were falling apart, half the very small TVs didn’t work or were hanging off the wall, no food, bottled water come out of a pack, no card machines, just a shit show. Massive thumbs up to the new owners!

On 10/05/2022 at 21:15, NWMag said:

We can't build up because that would affect the light that Leazes Terrace gets but we could cover the whole thing in a stand?  How's that work then?

Just now, loki679 said:

We can't build up because that would affect the light that Leazes Terrace gets but we could cover the whole thing in a stand?  How's that work then?

We buy the whole fucking lot. And don't submit any complaints when the application goes in.

Just now, loki679 said:

Maybe it would depend on what Leazes Terrace is used for, if it was no longer residential maybe the restrictions on light changes?

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

My boy has just had his team’s presentation there and the difference from 4 years ago is massive, a proper bar, hot food, new carpets, new tables, a lick of paint, proper TV screens, more staff, decent entertainment, a big welcome and just an all round classy morning/afternoon. The last time we had one the carpets were stained, the tables were falling apart, half the very small TVs didn’t work or were hanging off the wall, no food, bottled water come out of a pack, no card machines, just a shit show. Massive thumbs up to the new owners!

That's definitely a

Spoiler

stadium-washing

. Those kids will definitely defend saudi's action from now on....

Edited by veriaqa

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

My graft had our Christmas party there and I thought the same. Was very nice inside where the corporate areas are. Mind you, I think the renovation happened under Fat Mike.

Irrelevant really but I hope we renovate the tunnel area, think it looks tacky when the players are coming out 

1 hour ago, veriaqa said:

That's definitely a

Hide contents

stadium-washing

. Those kids will definitely defend saudi's action from now on....

:anguish:

I know it now seems unlikely, but if we do relocate down to the Arena site then the renovated Bernabeu would be the template for the kind of design we should be looking to have. Dear Lord, what a stadium that is going to be when finished. It will make Spurs’ stadium look like the Stadium of Shite.

Edited by Wandy

16 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I know it now seems unlikely, but if we do relocate down to the Arena site then the renovated Bernabeu would be the template for the kind of design we should be looking to have. Dear Lord, what a stadium that is going to be when finished. It will make Spurs’ stadium look like the Stadium of Shite.

Looks unbelievable, I’ve heard they are getting some ridiculous sponsorship package as well to some huge American company as well to rent it out ? 
£400 million a year or something for 20 years ?

https://amp.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2022/01/27/61f2f135e2704e87888b45cc.html

Edited by JonBez comesock

11 minutes ago, wormy said:

:lol: Fuck sake quoting it, LV. Finally bothered to block them yesterday and still end up having to read their shite. 

Ha sorry mate :lol:

17 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Looks unbelievable, I’ve heard they are getting some ridiculous sponsorship package as well to some huge American company as well to rent it out ? 
£400 million a year or something for 20 years ?

https://amp.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2022/01/27/61f2f135e2704e87888b45cc.html

I hope our owners have similar plans for us.

Not gonna lie, if they announced that they wanted to build a Bernabeu replica somewhere on the edge of town I would be all over it. SJP sentimentality would go straight out of the window.

That looks amazing and if our owners have plans to mix in the same circles as the likes of Madrid then we really need to move, some of the new stadiums in the US look futuristic and superb as well.

The pitch being hidden below deck seems like a disaster waiting to happen, like. Looking forward to hearing about the inevitable postponement when the mechanism fails and they're stuck with half 3G and half turf on separate levels. :lol:

That technology to maintain and save the pitch whilst having the stadium essentially become an expo/event space, tennis, volleyball, basketball, NFL, concerts -  truly sensational bit of engineering tbh. I’m absolutely shook by that video @Wandy thanks for sharing. 

4 hours ago, Wandy said:

That's very impressive. I'm assuming they've worked it out but how do the strips of turf join together in a way that creates a consistent surface?

Most of it is synthetic and weaved, so it won't make much difference anyway once the tractor has been over it. I'm more interested in how they maintain the pitch when it's underground, I guess they have similar lamps to what most grounds have now anyway. 

Edited by OCK