St James' Park

Delima

The badge changes are so minimal they’re barely noticeable although after comparing the before and after several times the new design looks a bit ‘fresher’ in my opinion.

Either way, I prefer this to a radical redesign into some generic ‘circle crest’.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Reckon the Euro 2028 bid might push the stadium extension?

Just been reading on the Chronicle website that we could miss out on any games up here, be shocking if so given the history of SJP and the fact that Newcastle as a city is great.

9 hours ago, Ben said:

I still love that image of the extended Gallowgate and the glass wall above the East stand.

VERY much agree, worth another look at it . . . 

1957888410_StJamesParkpossiblewaytoextendcapacityto65000.jpg

Edited by manorpark

4 hours ago, manorpark said:

VERY much agree, worth another look at it . . . 

1957888410_StJamesParkpossiblewaytoextendcapacityto65000.jpg

Big fan of that.

Might as well make the screens a lot bigger in the process.

27 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Does look very nice but I keep thinking hundreds of birds will kill themselves by flying into it everyday :lol:

Install a conveyor belt at the bottom running straight to China Town or Dixy Chicken

Edited by geordie_b

What is the point of the glass wall may I ask? Genuine question. Plus, they'll have to keep it gloriously clean. Personally, I love the unobstructed view of the city from the Milburn stand as it is right now. A glass wall full of dead pigeons and birds is not going to look nice.

Edited by nufcjb

16 hours ago, nufcjb said:

What is the point of the glass wall may I ask? Genuine question. Plus, they'll have to keep it gloriously clean. Personally, I love the unobstructed view of the city from the Milburn stand as it is right now. A glass wall full of dead pigeons and birds is not going to look nice.

Allows the roof to be uniform from above while also still providing the same level of natural light to Leazes Terrace.

Nice image but Looking at this in my minds eye I'm sure the East stand could be extended to another tier halfway between where it is now and the Leazes and John Hall wrapping around to the extended Galowgate, its a conversation that's being had for sure, I know there's also the issue with the right to light but as the Leazes Terrace is owned by a Saudi investment fund and without trying to be to conspiratorial its bound to have some if not very close links with the Pif  so there could be some form of compliant movement
The Gallowgate can be extended to match the John Hall and Leazes, leaving a potential capacity of 65 -70000 which I believe would be the sweet spot whilst staying at a more complete St James park keeping the Heritage History and Tradition , bottom line if the money and the will is there by all involved including the authorities anything is possible

Edited by andy67