St James' Park

Delima

Not strictly football but stadium related... knew it was mentioned a little while back but now in talks 

"Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund, which owns 80 per cent of the football club, is believed to be eager to stage the fight at Newcastle’s home ground. A capacity of 25,000 for the night has been discussed. The stadium will host matches at the Rugby League World Cup in October and there is now a drive to bring this fight to St James’."

One to look out for moving forward with big events involving PIF

Edited by nbthree3

3 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

Not strictly football but stadium related... knew it was mentioned a little while back but now in talks 

"Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund, which owns 80 per cent of the football club, is believed to be eager to stage the fight at Newcastle’s home ground. A capacity of 25,000 for the night has been discussed. The stadium will host matches at the Rugby League World Cup in October and there is now a drive to bring this fight to St James’."

One to look out for moving forward with big events involving PIF

Looking forward to getting the top concerts back at SJP soon.

43 minutes ago, beardsleymagic said:

Sam Fender, Mark Knophler (playing Local Hero at some point obviously), Jimmy Nail to belt out Big River, Sting, James Bay and And and Dec with Let's Get Ready To Rhumble :D

Lindisfarne, Brian Johnson with Ross Noble as MC. 

Call it Geordiefest.

Edited by madras

Guest HTT II
2 hours ago, madras said:

Lindisfarne, Brian Johnson with Ross Noble as MC. 

Call it Geordiefest.

Geordie Show

I remember talking to our grounds staff about events and stuff, they said that the crews come in and hacked the Stadium of Lights to bit to fit all their rigging and shit in. [emoji38]

I see Man Utd have hired the Spirs stadium architechts for Old Trafford's redevelopment. Would love our to start revealing of their plans (if any), ahead for the club once safety is confirmed.

Guest HTT II
Just now, nufcjb said:

I see Man Utd have hired the Spirs stadium architechts for Old Trafford's redevelopment. Would love our to start revealing of their plans (if any), ahead for the club once safety is confirmed.

I think their immediate concerns are the academy and training set up, we will see plans for that soon, the former HMRC site in Benton more than likely. Expanding SJP/relocating is not a great need right now, small improvements will suffice which they have already been doing and will continue during the summer and break for the WC.

11 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I think their immediate concerns are the academy and training set up, we will see plans for that soon, the former HMRC site in Benton more than likely. Expanding SJP/relocating is not a great need right now, small improvements will suffice which they have already been doing and will continue during the summer and break for the WC.

Not saying it is impossible, but the 9,000 HMRC staff moving out of BPV (and elsewhere) when the Newcastle Regional Centre moves to Pilgrim Quarter in the City Centre, will not be out until 2026/2027.

So, it cannot happen soon, if it is to be there.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, manorpark said:

Not saying it is impossible, but the 9,000 HMRC staff moving out of BPV (and elsewhere) when the Newcastle Regional Centre moves to Pilgrim Quarter in the City Centre, will not be out until 2026/2027.

So, it cannot happen soon, if it is to be there.

Ah I didn’t realise that, I think regardless, they will have a mind on a long-term rebuilding of facilities, training, the academy etc. Anyway. SJP however, is not the priority right now.

Don’t think it’ll be Benton Park View, got a feeling land to west of city towards airport is where they’re eyeing up. A more rural location with good road links and quick access to Newcastle International will be the desired location in my opinion.

Edited by Whitley mag

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

Don’t think it’ll be Benton Park View, got a feeling land to west of city towards airport is where they’re eyeing up. A more rural location with good road links and quick access to Newcastle International will be the desired location in my opinion.

Also harder to get to for bike seat sniffers like Adam P and his band of degenerates.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/04/2022 at 06:21, Sima said:

Fender needs to do a gig at SJP. I’d imagine it’s already been discussed, mind.

At the end of the AFL season, the final match is held at the MCG and usually has a big international band on for a halftime show. In 2017 the Killer's did the show, but then also put on a free show after the game too, which doesn't usually happen. 

We had to queue up again outside while they set the stage in the centre of the pitch. There was only a few hundred allowed in but seeing the Killers, for nowt, in the MCG was a mint experience. No reason NUFC and Sam Fender couldn't do this! 

6 hours ago, Izakaya said:

At the end of the AFL season, the final match is held at the MCG and usually has a big international band on for a halftime show. In 2017 the Killer's did the show, but then also put on a free show after the game too, which doesn't usually happen. 

We had to queue up again outside while they set the stage in the centre of the pitch. There was only a few hundred allowed in but seeing the Killers, for nowt, in the MCG was a mint experience. No reason NUFC and Sam Fender couldn't do this! 

I can think of one reason to not do it (which many won't understand):  Meat Loaf!

4 hours ago, Montey said:

I can think of one reason to not do it (which many won't understand):  Meat Loaf!

Hahaha. That was a bit before I was living in Melbourne but I've heard stories about how it was a literal shitshow 😂

• 2 weeks later...