St James' Park

Delima

7 hours ago, NobbySolano said:

Anyone has any idea what similar hospitality tickets cost at other pl cl clubs?

When you do season tickets, do you get special access/pricing to cup or cl matches?

It's not "accessible" per se but i don't find it outrageous when compared to US sports.

New England Patriots equivalent tickets are $10k each, min 2 tickets, and you just commit to 10 years. Paying first and last season up front. And that's for 8 home games. Playoffs tickets available at a slightly discounted price.

Granted it's it's very different. Curious what big clubs charge. We have to get used to the consequences of a better product and ambition to compete. 

To get a high level view look at the Deloitte money League and annual match day total income.  You have to be mindful of those teams who were e.g. in the CL or had lengthy cup runs in 2022 as you could be comparing apples with pears.  Ours does look on the lower side when you think our stadium is relatively big:-

https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/sports-business-group/articles/deloitte-football-money-league.html

Man U - £126m

Spurs - £125m

Liverpool £112m

Arsenal - £94m

Chelsea - £82m

Man City - £64m

West Ham - £49m

Newcastle - £33m

Leeds - £28m

Leicester - £25m

Everton - £18m

You can also see why Everton want out of Goodison…

Our match day income probably needs to double as a minimum if we are to eventually compete on wages with those with higher incomes and stay within FFP.  We won’t be able to rely on commercial revenue alone increasing unfortunately.  This will mean more money out of peoples pockets.

This would be helped massively by longer cup runs, CL involvement, corporate being sold out.  I’m certain there will be a medium term plan to raise ticket prices though.

I don’t think our tickets are cheap as such but they aren’t expensive compared to other teams.  As I said in another comment I do think Platinum Club and similar are priced low compared to similar offerings with padded seats at other clubs though.

2 hours ago, OptimusSlime said:

To get a high level view look at the Deloitte money League and annual match day total income.  You have to be mindful of those teams who were e.g. in the CL or had lengthy cup runs in 2022 as you could be comparing apples with pears.  Ours does look on the lower side when you think our stadium is relatively big:-

https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/sports-business-group/articles/deloitte-football-money-league.html

Man U - £126m

Spurs - £125m

Liverpool £112m

Arsenal - £94m

Chelsea - £82m

Man City - £64m

West Ham - £49m

Newcastle - £33m

Leeds - £28m

Leicester - £25m

Everton - £18m

Our match day income probably needs to double as a minimum if we are to eventually compete on wages with those with higher incomes and stay within FFP.  We won’t be able to rely on commercial revenue alone increasing unfortunately.  This will mean more money out of peoples pockets.

This would be helped massively by longer cup runs, CL involvement, corporate being sold out.  I’m certain there will be a medium term plan to raise ticket prices though.

I don’t think our tickets are cheap as such but they aren’t expensive compared to other teams.  As I said in another comment I do think Platinum Club and similar are priced low compared to similar offerings with padded seats at other clubs though.

Grim, didn’t expect us to be so out of touch. Surely the vast majority of the revenue difference comes from corporate. 

3 hours ago, OptimusSlime said:

Man U - £126m

Spurs - £125m

Liverpool £112m

Arsenal - £94m

Chelsea - £82m

Man City - £64m

West Ham - £49m

Newcastle - £33m

Leeds - £28m

Leicester - £25m

Everton - £18m

Under Ashley we had the 4th highest average standard season ticket prices in England, behind Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea. Slightly dearer than Man Utd and Liverpool and quite a bit dearer than Man City. Sure Level 7 was cheap as chips but the £811 for an East Stand or Milburn Paddock seat or £679 in the Gallowgate or Leazes was dearer than all the other teams except for the 3 London clubs I mentioned.

Of course there were lots of people on long term deals which brought their ticket price down but in order to take full advantage of that those people had to sit through 2 relegation and years of having the piss taken out of them knowing that if they did cancel they'd lose their deal and would need to pay full standard prices if they wanted their ticket back.

Edited by Wallsendmag

1 hour ago, The Butcher said:

Normal

Someone got stabbed near Central Station this morning, so they will have an increased police presence, including armed police around the city centre.

The storm trooper, possibly some sort of comic con type event on, or just someone coming back from fancy dress.

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

Someone got stabbed near Central Station this morning, so they will have an increased police presence, including armed police around the city centre.

The storm trooper, possibly some sort of comic con type event on, or just someone coming back from fancy dress.

Apparently jet off gladiators is there and Chris barrie. 

Ryan Taylor for some reason

1 minute ago, SteV said:

There’s a comic convention on there

Dropped girl 2 off on Strawberry Place earlier and there was a load going, most were big standard Lara Crofts and Tolkein characters but there was a very good Adams family.

bollox as usual. not sure where the chron's going with that.

he's a finance guy.

stadium expansion isnt going to be limited by money.

we're gonna need top architects and construction whizzes, not accountants.

The headline is weird and my phone almost blew up reading it, but the main point is he has experience with big infrastructure projects. He also has experience working with foreign based leadership, FFP issues with Leicester, and balancing the books for Championship clubs.

On 10/05/2023 at 17:06, TBG said:

Sooooo, I've been onto the Land Registry website this afternoon and decided to have another look. 

Yesterday, a Solicitor acting for 'Newcastle United Football Club Projects Limited' submitted their priority search (basically means you have priority over any other applications that might be subsequently submitted), which you usually submit just before you're about to submit your application to update the title etc. 

Nothing ground breaking, but those searches were submitted against the land in green, so looks like that's what the club has indeed bought back 

image.thumb.png.c0aaba6c42ed53e340d7aa694d5bfcf7.png

image.thumb.png.3ae87531ea426669543d3d74f74843fb.png

image.thumb.png.10a3034e4dd2af588ab5c4cb3fa1238a.png

The applications for the top two bits of land have completed at the Land Registry. 

https://archive.is/WfkIR

"But The Times has learnt that the possibility of increasing the capacity of the East Stand is now under serious discussion. Newcastle built the stand in 1972 and it is now dwarfed by the more recent extensions of the Milburn Stand and the Leazes End because of restrictions involving the listed Georgian buildings behind it on Leazes Terrace.

Those buildings are grade II-listed and a limit was put on the size of the stand when it was built because of issues regarding light. However, advancements in engineering and architecture mean there is the possibility of a redesign that would use more glasswork and allow extra light to go through the stand, potentially leading to a significant capacity increase.

The club is looking at every possibility to extend the stadium, but that side of the ground has emerged as a better option instead of building at the Gallowgate End, which has a road behind it and a Metro station underneath.

Newcastle want to increase the capacity of the stadium to reflect their growing status, having qualified for the Champions League for the first time in 20 years. They expect to have the results of the feasibility study by this time next year. In the meantime, Newcastle are developing hospitality options inside the stadium during the summer."