Mark Viduka

Optimistic Nut

19 league goals in 49 games. He's missed a lot of games yes, but when he plays, he's still almost up to 1 in 2 games.

18 goals in 61 games.

1 in 3

There's a lot worse, tbh.  ???

And i'd still, for cover - which a new striker would effectively be, rather go for that than for someone untried and untested in the Premiership.

Fat/Strong

Inconsistent/Wrong

Lazy/He's not that lazy when he plays, he scores plenty of goals

Injury Prone/Would only be cover anyway

Slow/Superb footwork

Old/Experienced without being a fogey

High earner/As would an £8m striker be

I removed the things that meant the same thing, and balanced out the so called bad points.

If you insist  :rolleyes:

No point getting fussy about it, he's never going to sign for us since GR reckons its under 25's from now on.

Aye, the GR that is giving 32-year old Sibierski a two-year contract. :rolleyes:

233 starts, 24 subs appearances in almost 7 seasons (approx 37 games a season), 107 goals for Boro & Leeds.

I'd take that for a so-called lazy, inconsistent, temperamental, slow, etc. striker any day of the week.

18 league goals in his ENTIRE boro career.

He's one shit hot mutherfuker tbh.

Like i say, he'd only be cover here anyway. When he plays, he scores goals. It's as simple as that really.

Technically he can as he's already at the club  O0

Cover though? How much is that cover going to cost us in wages?

Too many reasons not tbh.

The same amount of wages as an £8m player will demand, who will probably turn out to be less effective anyway. Martins and Owen is going to be the partnership next season, it should work, and even though Roeder is bringing in another striker for definite - he shouldn't tamper with the system and try to fit three strikers in. Because it won't work. Therefore, whoever he brings in, is effectively going to be cover, atleast for the time being.

And a £5-10m striker is likely to command similar wages to that of a Viduka.

For cover,

£0 transfer fee + £40k a week is better than...

£5-10m transfer fee + £40k a week

Which pretty much blows your cost problem out of the water. The player's right and the price is right as far as i am concerned. He'd be ideal for us.

Na, am still not convinced.

He'll want £2m+ sign on fee for starters.

He'd moan about starts and if were not going to give him the 1st team football he wants, he wont give us the commitment needed.

And its still Mark Viduka, it make me feel ill at the thought.

19 league goals in 49 games. He's missed a lot of games yes, but when he plays, he's still almost up to 1 in 2 games.

18 goals in 61 games.

1 in 3

There's a lot worse, tbh.  ???

And i'd still, for cover - which a new striker would effectively be, rather go for that than for someone untried and untested in the Premiership.

There is, true.

But that was his peak, its all downhill from here.

Fair enough, i see that i'm not going to be able to pursuade you. ;)

Na, its Mark Viduka FFS  :lol: O0

(and in that lies the problem. I hate the fat twat, and i know a lot of toon fans will feel the same about him. Just one of those palyers that grates on your tits, he really did at Leeds and moving to the Smogs topped it off)

This season he's been absolutely superb. Definitely changed my opinion of him. Always had the talent but now seems to be using it on a more consistent basis.

shock, horror.

But must admit I agree with this.

Just goes to show that any player with talent, can apply himself, be quality if they do, and show how important real desire and motivation is.

Yakubu too, alongside him, forms one of the best partnerships in the premiership.

Fat/Strong

Inconsistent/Wrong

Slow/Superb footwork

I removed the things that meant the same thing, and balanced out the so called bad points.

No point getting fussy about it, he's never going to sign for us since GR reckons its under 25's from now on.

Aye, the GR that is giving 32-year old Sibierski a two-year contract. :rolleyes:

233 starts, 24 subs appearances in almost 7 seasons (approx 37 games a season), 107 goals for Boro & Leeds.

I'd take that for a so-called lazy, inconsistent, temperamental, slow, etc. striker any day of the week.

Like i say, he'd only be cover here anyway. When he plays, he scores goals. It's as simple as that really.

The same amount of wages as an £8m player will demand, who will probably turn out to be less effective anyway. Martins and Owen is going to be the partnership next season, it should work, and even though Roeder is bringing in another striker for definite - he shouldn't tamper with the system and try to fit three strikers in. Because it won't work. Therefore, whoever he brings in, is effectively going to be cover, atleast for the time being.

For cover,

Which pretty much blows your cost problem out of the water. The player's right and the price is right as far as i am concerned. He'd be ideal for us.

He'd moan about starts and if were not going to give him the 1st team football he wants, he wont give us the commitment needed.

Do you remember Rob McDonald, Billy Rafferty, Ian Baird, Frank Pingel, Dave Mitchell and Tony Lormor ?

Have you even heard of them ?

Good job our shit board doesn't set their sights on top players like those, eh ?

Fat/Strong

Inconsistent/Wrong

Slow/Superb footwork

For cover,

Do you remember Rob McDonald, Billy Rafferty, Ian Baird, Frank Pingel, Dave Mitchell and Tony Lormor ?

Good job our shit board doesn't set their sights on top players like those, eh ?

Aye fantastic band, were excellent live. Shame about the drummer though, terrible things do happen when you mess about with alcohol, drugs and midgets, but that's ROCK & ROLL for you!

:headbang:

My stance on him remains the same: he'd do a job for us and I'd be eager to see him partnered with Martins/Owen.

Can't see it happening with Shola's return, Sibierski's new contract and the potential of Dyer and Owen being involved a lot more than usual. I also share people's scepticism about him settling as a "backup" player - even if he did fancy it he'd be an outrageously expensive one, at that, wages-wise.

But if we can afford to pay Luque £40k p/w for nowt, then it could be feasable.

My stance on him remains the same: he'd do a job for us and I'd be eager to see him partnered with Martins/Owen.

Can't see it happening with Shola's return, Sibierski's new contract and the potential of Dyer and Owen being involved a lot more than usual. I also share people's scepticism about him settling as a "backup" player - even if he did fancy it he'd be an outrageously expensive one, at that, wages-wise.

But if we can afford to pay Luque £40k p/w for nowt, then it could be feasable.

Good post, i'd agree with that. I see the club keeping Ameobi and Sibierski, trying to hold on to Martins and hoping with all their will that Owen can continue. That's their plans for the next season at least imo, and not-withstanding injuries (!) I think that will do us in good stead.

Guest magpies_rawk

Ain't make no sense to buy viduka in the light of ameobi and owen coming back. yes we do need a strong striker who has good link up play and provides a physical presence both in and outta the box. however, with sibbers being offered a new contract and assuming he does sign i do not see why and how roedent will accomodate 5 strikers.

besides, we should be concentrating our efforts at getting 2, possibly 3 full backs and a proper centre back for once!

keep an eye out for carroll as well. :)

on a free, why not.

for money, no.

On a side note, has anyone noticed how all the Australian players have absolutely blossomed since the WC? Shows how Hiddink can really bring out the potential in a player.

...Oh wait, except for Craig Moore....

As has been highlighted in this thread, Viduka isn't s*** and has never been s***, the problem is his reputation for a bad attitude and his apparent laziness. What he actually does on the field has shown for sometime now that he's a decent player but the attitude thing causes some people to call him s**** when he isn't, but that's what some people do, like.

That would give us 3 strikers, which is better than just 2.

I'd prefer a younger, hungrier player, one on the up rather than down - Viduka is a good player, but I question for how much longer.

I also think striker is still a priority as Sibierski and Dyer aint strikers - good fill ins at times but not strikers.

Fat/Strong

Inconsistent/Wrong

Slow/Superb footwork

For cover,

To think Gemmill had the cheek to call you boring!!

In regards to Viduka yes he would be a good signing on a free, can score goals, is strong and has great link up play.

I went to the albion game tonite and he was superb. Possibly best player boro had tonite.

How did Curtis Davies cope against him?

Davies had a good game in all fairness, he seems comfortable and confident on the ball. Saying that though woodgate was the best defender on the pitch by a mile. If Davies is worth £12m then Woodgate is worth double that!

Did Woodgate hold opposing players by the hand and drag them to the ground last night?

Did that on saturday to Lita on numerous occaisions alas the ref missed all of them.

Annoyingly Viduka was playing well though he and Yakabu were slightly cannier than Reading's centre-backs.