Martins - 2 left feet!

Cajun

The thing with Martins is that he can show great technique and sometimes his touches look very poor. But he still scores goals  O0

He will only get even better with time..is it 16 goals so far? thats quite amazing when it's his first season with Newcastle and that the team hasn't been doing that well for the most of the season..

Guest Morph

He's fucking the worst player I've ever seen score 16 goals in a season.  He can't control a ball and he has no fucking brain whatsoever.  But, he scores goals.  Somehow.

He's fucking the worst player I've ever seen score 16 goals in a season.  He can't control a ball and he has no fucking brain whatsoever.  But, he scores goals.  Somehow.

Although his first touch can be woeful, the bit in bold was proved patently wrong tonight. First was great control to beat the men, second was intelligent movement to find the space.

He's still young though, so can improve.

Guest Morph

He's f****** the worst player I've ever seen score 16 goals in a season.  He can't control a ball and he has no f****** brain whatsoever.  But, he scores goals.  Somehow.

Although his first touch can be woeful, the bit in bold was proved patently wrong tonight. First was great control to beat the men, second was intelligent movement to find the space.

Have to disagree completely.  Many a time he needs to pass - and he runs into the defender.  Many a time he needs to run - and he holds it up.  Many a time he needs to just have a crack, and he loses it.  Kinda agree that he is actually still quite young though, and 16 goals a season, shouldn't be complaining.  Just that some of the things he does are just plain fucking stupid.

He's f****** the worst player I've ever seen score 16 goals in a season.  He can't control a ball and he has no f****** brain whatsoever.  But, he scores goals.  Somehow.

Have to disagree completely.  Many a time he needs to pass - and he runs into the defender.  Many a time he needs to run - and he holds it up.  Many a time he needs to just have a crack, and he loses it.  Kinda agree that he is actually still quite young though, and 16 goals a season, shouldn't be complaining.  Just that some of the things he does are just plain fucking stupid.

Inexperience of youth.

All players need coaching, the promising thing is the raw talent is there and he's still scoring goals.

Guest Morph

Have to disagree completely.  Many a time he needs to pass - and he runs into the defender.  Many a time he needs to run - and he holds it up.  Many a time he needs to just have a crack, and he loses it.  Kinda agree that he is actually still quite young though, and 16 goals a season, shouldn't be complaining.  Just that some of the things he does are just plain f****** stupid.

Inexperience of youth.

All players need coaching, the promising thing is the raw talent is there and he's still scoring goals.

Yup.  Get Shearer in!

:D

What a load of absolute s*** you talk.  Sometimes his control is off, not all the time and while his decision making can be unpredictable its far from terrible.  On the plus side he's extremely quick, very strong, is a good finisher with both feet, has a super powerful shot and has some good flair (flicks and tricks).  But apparently you can't see any positives, he must have just fluked his 16 goals so far.. dear me this kind of s*** really makes me sick.

Guest Morph

What a load of absolute s*** you talk.  Sometimes his control is off, not all the time and while his decision making can be unpredictable its far from terrible.  On the plus side he's extremely quick, very strong, is a good finisher with both feet, has a super powerful shot and has some good flair (flicks and tricks).  But apparently you can't see any positives, he must have just fluked his 16 goals so far.. dear me this kind of s*** really makes me sick.

fuck off. im entitled to an opinion as much as you.  and i can see some positives - try his 16 goals so far this season.

f*** off. im entitled to an opinion as much as you.  and i can see some positives - try his 16 goals so far this season.

I didn't stop you from having your opinion, I just think its complete s***.  Also I was talking about positive attributes, not a goal scoring record.  Which I might add you think is so positive that you completely devalue it by saying "he's the worst player to ever score 16 goals".

I'm sure nobody here thinks Martins is perfect, far from it at this stage in his carear.  But to be so utterly negative towards him is just unreal, are you just on a windup or what?  The guy has just scored 2 goals for us, had an excellent game and you rip into him as if he's a peice of s*** (plenty of fairly average strikers have scored 16 goals in a season over the years in case you didn't realise..).  You don't have a single good thing to say about him as a player... I think that's utterly bizarre..

Guest Morph

f*** off. im entitled to an opinion as much as you.  and i can see some positives - try his 16 goals so far this season.

I didn't stop you from having your opinion, I just think its complete s***.  Also I was talking about positive attributes, not a goal scoring record.  Which I might add you think is so positive that you completely devalue it by saying "he's the worst player to ever score 16 goals".

I'm sure nobody here thinks Martins is perfect, far from it at this stage in his carear.  But to be so utterly negative towards him is just unreal, are you just on a windup or what?  The guy has just scored 2 goals for us, had an excellent game and you rip into him as if he's a peice of s*** (plenty of fairly average strikers have scored 16 goals in a season over the years in case you didn't realise..).  You don't have a single good thing to say about him as a player... I think that's utterly bizarre..

i've found one good thing - the bloke can jump like a mile high!

Guest justin99.

Favourite player, hands-down. The one who can turn a match with a kick of his foot. (sorry bad pun)

The thing that concerns me is his emense form will likely see an approach from some top euro club.

If they offered, say 30m, I really can't see freddy turning it down. 

Favourite player, hands-down. The one who can turn a match with a kick of his foot. (sorry bad pun)

The thing that concerns me is his emense form will likely see an approach from some top euro club.

If they offered, say 30m, I really can't see freddy turning it down. 

If a club offered £30m we'd be fools to turn it down, As long as the money is given to Glenn to buy in the transfer market.

He has been class at Inter and he is showing now that he is top class player

I hope that we can keep him because with these kind of performance the top clubs will be interested in him

We should make some clause in his contract of 100m if someone wants to sign him

I think Valencia did that with David Villa

I 100% agree with Morph: his all-round game is rubbish. Worse than Shola's in fact. His first touch is terrible, his passing is wayward. His decision-making, his awareness of colleagues, his anticipation, the runs he makes (or, more often, doesn't make). But he can turn a match in the blink of an eye and he's got some magic about him.

Guest lebowski

I 100% agree with Morph: his all-round game is rubbish. Worse than Shola's in fact. His first touch is terrible, his passing is wayward. His decision-making, his awareness of colleagues, his anticipation, the runs he makes (or, more often, doesn't make). But he can turn a match in the blink of an eye and he's got some magic about him.

Unbelievable. While the guy is far from the finished article, he has often been our only decent performer (away at Fulham for instance). One of the reasons he hasn't been even better than he is is because he has to drop back and work for the ball more than he should. Bear in mind also that he has played a large part of the season without a decent strike partner.

I don't know what he would have to do to be given credit from some quarters.

and that's all that really matters isn't it?  put him in a team with a poacher alongside or a consistent big man (we already have the poacher), plus 8 other outfield players with commitment and some quality making up a balanced team and we won't go far from wrong

leave the hod-carrying and simple stuff to the others (if we ever get a balanced squad capable of it) and let martins explode into life without the pressure of being the only goalscorer at the club

we'll be beating other clubs off with sh!tty sticks trying to him

When Martins learns to anticipate and how to use his pace effectively, he will be unstoppable.

When Martins learns to anticipate and how to use his pace effectively, he will more than likely be in a Chelsea shirt, unfortunately.  ???

Still, I'm enjoying him while he lasts. The downfalls in his game are more than made up by the sheer energy and excitement he brings to our side. Can you imagine where we'd be and how unfun we'd be to watch right now if we had say... Kuyt instead of Martins?