Luque? give him a go?

ED209

After last nights result the season is dead. Toon are going nowhere.  I am still convinced that underneath the sulky exterior there is a quality player within luque. If i was roeder (not convinced with him) I would say to albert right, you have 90 mins of every game for the rest of the season to get adjusted and prove yourself, playing in an advanced left side midfield role.

After all duff has been cack so give the man a proper chance!!!  The zog is the future but i say let luque prove himself"!

Guest Ridzuan

I dont think it would make much of a difference if he starts to play for us.But you never know.Maybe he could come out with a surprise or two.

I have as dissapointed with Luque as just about anyone.

However, if it comes the stage (probably very soon) where we have absolutely nothing to lose, we should give him a few premiership games, where's the harm.

lets compare Luque and Duff:

- inability to run with the ball - check

- inability to help the center back who plays at left - check

- passing backwards - check

- waving little hands like crazy - Duff wins

- signed by Roeder - Duff wins

- not being a lazy spaniard - Duff wins

yawn..

Don't care really.  Why not?  Carroll/Luque up front against Charlton.

Although I did hear from an ITK that the reason he isn't being played in the Premiership is a massive additional fee if he makes another league appearence.  Who knows.

Would be interesting to know if there was any truth to this... Has anyone else heard anything similar?

Guest Douga

Would like too see Luque till the end of the season so then nobody can complain if he plays shite. He would have had his chance and not taken it. But we cant say that and the minute. He is gtting the odd game and is expected too be brilliant.

Guest prestonj1989

I agree with insanojackson!!! Give him a chance then if he doesnt perform by the end of the season let him go! He needs to have at least 5 games in a row though!

Guest given take

i say give luque a chance in he sibeirski posiion not the duff position.  what do we have to lose? fuck all

NO

he does not care about playing and make make us worse not better, team selection is what Glenn needs to get right yes, but not by playing Luque, but by playing

Dyer -- Martins uptop together.

Guest given take

who said hes doesnt care. why would he leave sunny spain for us if he didnt want to play for us!!!!  hes just lost faith. how many games has he played upfront? exactly

This "He dosn't care about the club" thing is really pissing me off

How the fuck do people know that,i.e we didnt lose a single game he started,he scored more goals the Duff who (Cares about the club),the fact that his playing style is a bit slow does NOT mean he dosn't care,and tbh those who "Do" care keep failing us every week

He was class in Spain,never got a decent chance here,This season he played fairly well whenever given a chance,and still people feel like giving him a chance will somehow make our team look worst the it already is..

lets face it,we are shit at the moment,we got a player who we could use,instead evernCarroll and Pattison are getting picked over him every single time they are fucking availble..Our season is practicly over,we should try using those players who we didnt use this season,maybe they can play better,throwing them with the reserves and shouting "he is not good enough,he couldnt care less about NUFC"  will NOT help our cause anymore.

No point playing him this season.  He's not interested in playing under Roeder as it's a case of, no matter what he does he's dropped for the next game anyway.

If he's still here next season and Roeder isn't, try him.  Maybe he will have a bit of care for the cause then.

Guest prestonj1989

I would have a lot more faith in seeing a good chance falling to LUQUE than Sibierski. If Luque was in all the positions Sib has been in when he has scored this season e.g. Fenerbache goal; LUQUE would just as easily scored them. I wouldnt have banked on Sib to score the goal Luque got against the Mackems last season.